“Great Hotel and Stunning Views” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

You added Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 15th Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #5 of 148 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Goldsboro, North Carolina
“Great Hotel and Stunning Views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Hotel is well laid out and modern. Also very clean. Unfortunatley, you have to walk across the street for the convention center. I guess that's not unusual for a convention center that size. It's huge! Friendly hotel staff. Concierge very helpful in finding tours, etc.

You have to go up the the bar on the 27th floor.....The view, and the Mojitos is amazing....pretty good Scotch selection as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Syracuse
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed one night using priceline. Interestingly, the only other time I've used priceline was in August in California and I also ended up at a Hyatt.

The service was excellent. In fact, there were staff everywhere. Numerous staff at the front entrance, one person in the lobby to greet guests. I've never seen so many employees.

Check in was quick, we had a room on the 31st floor (the elevators were really quick, 2 queen beds, a nice view.

I would rate the Hyatt as a solid- 3 1/2 star hotel. Certainly the service was 4 star. However, the bedding was a bit soft, the towels were small, no bathrobes or slippers. There was no creamer with the coffee maker (just powdered cream substitute). Internet access is available for free in only the lobby. There are no upgrades for Hyatt Gold Passport members. There was an ipod dock on the one nighttable, so there was room only for one device (there were no other outlets by the bed). The a/c unit was not working well. Every hour I lowered it a degree or two, but there seemed to be no change. We both woke up sweating several times during the night.

Parking was $30 valet or $25 self park.

We had breakfast in the restaurant. There is a decent, but not memorable buffet-it cost about $16. We weren't planning on getting the buffet, but it included coffee (which cost $4.85 a cup), so we got the buffet. Scrambled eggs, eggs with peppers/cheese, sweet potato with turkey sausage, hash browns (good, not greasy), fruit, cereals. Very basic-it's a nice restaurant, I thought the buffet could have included some better fare (such as an omelet station). It was more like the buffet at a staybridge suites.

We stopped by the bar on the 24th (?) floor-fantastic views. We didn't have anything there, but it was very nice.

In summary, excellent service, a nice hotel, but it has tough competition.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Syracusenewyork,

Thank you for your great review and wonderful comments. I am so happy that the customer service you experienced was excellent. It is great that you got a nice high floor with a view, however I apologize that there were issues with the thermostat in the room. I have shared your feedback about the guestroom and guestroom amenities with our housekeeping management. I hope you will come back and see that our competitors will never offer the customer service that we provide.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very nice hotel with an amazing view from higher floors. All was good. Short walk to downtown and Convention Center. Clean room and bathroom and friendly staff. Haven't had the chance to try the food but the menu looked very expensive. several places to eat just outside though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Maged A,

Thank you so much for the five stars! I am glad you enjoy the view, staff, and location. I would recommend trying the hotel restaurant sometime as we get rave reviews on the food they serve. I hope you have the opportunity to visit us again.

Tempe, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Came into town for a quick hop to catch a game, this is a good location for sure.

A couple of things that impressed me. First the concierge was exceedingly helpful. I had called a week prior to ask questions and then in person. Each time the help was exceedingly good. The second thing that impressed me was the front desk staff. Very helpful. Third, the Super Shuttle service they have arranged was key! Every 15 minutes for the better part of the day. And it's the last stop before the airport, so no guess work on timing etc! And the cost was $22. Traffic is the only variable.

The room was nice and I have to admit I didn't pay much attention as I was there for a nano second. I do remember the towels being soft and good and the bedding was great. Oh yeah, pillows.....so nice! I have to spend the money and get good pillows like the Hyatt has!

If I am back in Denver again I wouldn't hesitate to stay here.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Big beautiful lobby, very much a convention type hotel. Multiple bars and restaurant /coffee shop in the lobby. Striking vibrant art. Rooms are very sterile and boringly conventional. Nice toiletries.

• Stayed September 2012
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The Hyatt Regency Denver is a big hotel and host of many conferences. Despite the volume of visitors, service levels were excellent, consistent and professional. The concierges were helpful and friendly as were the front desk people. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet with fantastic views of the Rockies.

We had access to the Club lounge, which offered a tranquil place to sip a coffee or cocktail. Adrian, the Regency Club Concierge, was extremely polite, friendly and helpful. He made the guests feel special and was an all-round excellent host. Thank you once again!

Tip: book a mountain view room with club access. It is well worth it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear Critical_Mind,

Thank you for the fantastic review and for the five stars. I agree with your tip, while it is an extra fee, the benefit of Regency Club access is well worth it. I will pass your review along to our staff so they are aware how much their great service is appreciated. We hope you can stay enjoy the view again soon!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I got married this past weekend downtown and chose Hyatt Regency Denver for the weekend to be close to everything, even though we live in Denver. Their staff went above and beyond to be sure we had the happiest, easiest weekend with them. Jennifer and Gennevive coordinated all our needs. Walking into the room Friday they had a welcome card with a tray of snack for me and the girls. And when we came back to the room Saturday after getting married they had a bottle of champagne waiting for us with a card congratulating us. We stayed in the Aspen Suite which was perfect because I didn't have anyone that was getting ready with me in my bedroom but rather in the living room space. The ONLY thing I would suggest is they put glasses in the kitchen. The staff was only too happy to bring up champagne glasses for mimosas Saturday afternoon so it really wasn't a problem. Just weird to have a kitchen but no glassware.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Denver! From the first class service to the comfy beds and a great location this is a first rate hotel. Thank you for a wonderful weekend!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear D-What,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate such a wonderful occasion with us and for the five stars! I am so happy that Jennifer and Gennevive were able to add those special touches that made your experience enjoyable. I will pass along your suggestion about glassware, but I am glad we had some brought up quickly for you. Hopefully we will see you each year on your anniversary!!