“Very impressed with this property - and staff!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 15th Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Romance Package
Ranked #7 of 147 hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Seoul, Korea
“Very impressed with this property - and staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This will be the first time I give an excellent rating to a hotel. I don't take these ratings lightly. I think the hotel and its staff at the Denver Hyatt Regency downtown deserve it for going out of their way to make my stay the best it could possibly be. While it may not be the MOST luxurious hotel you'll ever stay in, make no mistake, this is a well designed and excellently managed/staffed hotel.

I stayed at this hotel late March, early April 2012 for a conference. Since I am from the area, I also had some family come down and booked them a room as well. So while the primary reason for my stay was business, I also mixed in some family/vacation activities. During my stay, not only was the hotel booked up with conference attendees, but they were also hosting the 2012 NCAA Womens final four. The most impressive thing about this is that, at no time did the hotel seem understaffed or overly busy. They seemed to handle this massive amount of people with ease. That is the sign of a well staffed hotel. The valet was always on time and the check in/check out process was a breeze.

Staff. The staff at the hotel is amazing. Special shout out goes to the day manager Lyndsay - who went out of her way to check up on me to see how my stay was going. I told her about a few issues I was having with my internet connection and she promptly refunded me my charges - even after it ended up working properly. After a lot of shopping for my daughter, I needed an extra bag for her to fly back to Texas. I asked the concierge and he went and pulled one from the back and gave it to me, free of charge. I asked the concierge to get me some dress socks, as I had forgotten mine at home, and within minutes I had three pairs of socks for only $5 a pair. I got the feeling I could have asked for anything, I they would come through.

Decor. The decor in this hotel is pretty cool. While the rooms arent necessarily elegant... the rest of hotel really is. Some of the best design features are the tv screens built into the outside walls, and the elevators, that show scenic views of colorado. A couple of my favorites were the black and white video of a sunflower field in the rain...complete with sounds of thunder... and the two cows eating, in a field - both of which were video screens inside the elevator.

Rooms. The rooms were clean and well furnished. I had room 1143 on the 11th floor. The view of the city could have been better but, for the conference rate it was more than expected. One thing I thought was missing was a refrigerator. Im sure if I would have requested it, for a small fee, they would have brought one up. Water pressure was great. The beds were comfortable.

Location. This is a great location downtown. A block from the heart of the 16th street shops and bars. Right across the street from the convention center. Free trains and buses that run the downtown and 16th street mall respectively are both easily accessed from near the hotel.

Valet - valet is $30 per day. They also have a self park option, that I never used. But if you valet, these guys WILL have your car out there in 6 minutes or less. Trust me, I tried to stump these guys and they ALWAYS had the car ready. Good valet crew.

Gym - the gym is actually pretty good. i was surprised as most hotel gyms are basic. While there was no squat rack or anything, there was still plenty there. About 15 treadmills, 5 or 6 stationary bikes, a full cable stack with two lat pulls, two seated rows, a cable fly area and two more cable pulleys on the end. the dumbells only went up to 50 lbs, but they also had preloaded straight bars up to 110lbs. Two flat benches (just bench, not for presses), a decline situp bench, kettle weights, swiss balls, and plenty of machines. There was also a lap pool and a hot tub. Not bad for a hotel gym and plenty enough to "StayFit", hehe.

Business center - great one. It is actually attached to a Fedex/Kinkos. They had great internet and printing options. Possibly a bit pricey, but definitely worth it.

This was by far my best stay at any hotel that was not on a beach or island. I asked my daughter what she thought and she just texted me, "It was awesome!!!!" - so there you go, it gets the kid vote as well.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
- TimboConQueso

Thanks for the fabulous 5 star review! We really appreciate your great comments and are all very happy to see you and your family had such a fantastic stay! Our staff strives to make a personal connection and make sure all guests are taken care of while staying with us. I'm happy to know I had an impact on your stay and sincerely hope you stay with us again!

Lindsay Nielsen

1,460 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Thousand Oaks, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I recently stayed at the Hyatt Regency Denver Convention Center for a job interview. Like most Hyatt hotels, this is impressive. Set in downtown Denver it is within walking distance of the convention center, US Mint and justice dept to name a few. The staff in this hotel is ever present. If you think you have a question or look slightly confused a hotel employee will be there asking if you need anything. At the front desk I was checked in promptly and greeted by name. The staff at this hotel truly make you feel welcomed and appreciated. The rooms are standard with a nice view of the city, very clean and comfortable for the price. The TV channel selection was excellent as well as the desk space. My only two complaints about the room are the shower and internet connectivity. The shower head is better suited for a $30 a night motel then a hotel with the name Hyatt. It functioned poorly and should be replaced. As far as internet connectivity… there is none… unless you feel like paying $12.99 for 24 hours (per device) of usage. When free Wi-Fi is standard at Motel 6 paying for it at a high class hotel just screams tacky. Also, if you valet be prepared to pay. While I’m used to $10 to $15 per day $30 just seems excessive. If you can put up with the little idiosyncrasies, the Hyatt Regency Denver is a great place to stay. I would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Become a Hyatt Gold Member before joining and you’ll get access to upgrades
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My wife and I stay here a few times a year and really enjoy the hotel, staff, dining and proximity to 16th street, LoDo, etc. We take a teenage kids as well and really like it as a family as well but this place is nice as a couple. Sometimes they have some very, very reasonable room rates. I stay at Hyatt properties quite a bit and this is one of my favorite downtown Hyatt locations in the US.

Room Tip: Check to some favorable room rates
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed here for a convention in town. Rooms were nice, great location. Only complaint is the maids had an annoying habit of yelling at each other from 8 rooms away. Even when asked to keep it quiet as some folks were napping, they ignored the request and kept right on hollering. Other than that, no problems.

South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency for four nights and loved every minute of it. My husband had meetings to attend and I loved that it was centrally located to shopping and dining. We received excellent service and would definitely recommend the Hyatt Regency in Denver to everyone!

• Stayed March 2012
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Momee111-
Thanks for the 5 star review! I am glad that the service was good! The proximity to 16th St. Mall provides a so many opportunities to shop and dine, it’s one of the reasons I love working here. Thanks for recommending us, and I hope we have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Allison Gegenheimer
arlington, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Nice facilities for large convention. Served good food at banquet. Staff was kind and helpful. Regency Club Continental Breakfast was just perfect and everything was A#1clean! Nice rooms. Excellent toiletries including toothpaste. Butter soft sheets! Awesome salt water 2 lane lap pool. Really unique stainless steel hot tub outside on the 5th floor. Very clean dressing rooms for pool/fitness area complete with easy to use lockable lockers and very clean showers with shampoo and soap in wall dispensers. Great fluffy pool towels. Great location. Car rental place right in lobby. Strangely the only con to this hotel was very scratchy toilet paper......

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear luckygirl50,

Thank you so much for the 5 stars and the kind words about our property. I'm glad you enjoyed so many aspects of our hotel from the Regency Club to the fitness center and pool/hot-tub. I love our fitness facility and love singing its praises so I thoroughly enjoy when someone else does too! More than anything though I truly appreciate the comment about our staff being kind and helpful. That is what we are always most proud of. Thank you again and we hope to have you back up from Texas again soon!

Best,
Jake Rubinstein
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

Stayed here for a convention from 3/18/12 - 3/25/12. From the moment I pulled up in the rental car I was greeted cheerfully. The valet, the front desk staff, the wait staff at both bars, the restaurant staff and the cleaning crew...everyone was friendly, courteous and was willing to do anything it took to make my stay happy and comfortable.

I can't remember another stay at another hotel that was more pleasant. I would highly recommend this place if you are visiting the Colorado Convention Center or anywhere in the downtown Denver area. You can't go wrong here.

Oh yeah...and the views of the mountains aren't bad either.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
Dear cbozman,

I'm happy to hear that our staff delighted you so much while you were out during Drupal Madness! I know we had a great time hosting your conference and I'm glad to hear it was a mutual feeling. I have passed along your compliments to the managers of all the departments you mentioned for some well-deserved praise of their staff. I hope we can have you out again soon to enjoy some of those mountain views that "aren't bad either."

Best regards,