“An extremely fortunate choice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center

You added Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center to your Saves list
Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   650 15th Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #3 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sutton Coldfield
“An extremely fortunate choice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

A pal and I booked this hotel online from our hotel in the ski resort of Winter Park. It was inexpensive but really excellent - comfortable, beautifully appointed, great service. Delicious breakfast. Great location, close to main attractions. Loved it and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Dear Lukajoreb,

I'm so happy that you enjoyed yourself here on the way home from your ski weekend. Hopefully next time you're out here from the UK and heading back from the slopes we'll see you again!

Best regards,
Hotel Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We had a really good experience at Hyatt at Denver. Our room was crisp with really good views. We had a view of the Convention Center and the infamous bear from our room on the 14th floor. The staff were good and also gave us good advice about the neighbourhood and toursit attractions. Loved their Perks Cafe which was open 24 hours and had pizza delivery. It was good for a good Friday Night dinner just lounging in our room watching movies. The ambience was really good at the ground level of the hotel. We rented a car at Enterprise at another location and were able to drop off the car at the hotel itself since they had an Enterprise office inside the Hyatt.

I gave 4 stars only because of the parking. For parking, they charge you $24 which I feel is a bit too high. We however, chose to park at the parking lots available surrounding the hotel area which offer overnight parking for $7. We mostly used the free mall ride and other public transportation available in the downtown area.

A best place to stay if you are not driving but using the public transportation in the area.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I think one of the best assets of this hotel is the staff. Yes, it is great to be 20 feet away from the Convention Center during a conference; yes, it is nice to have a beautiful view; yes, the beds were comfortable. What truly impressed me though was the staff at the concierge desk (an older gentleman, sorry I can't remember his name - but he deserves a raise): I got great tips on how to get to the places I wanted to visit (Botanical Gardens, the Art museum, etc.). If it weren't for him, I would never have discovered the great bike kiosks set up through town that allowed me to ride a rented bike through the neighborhoods between my destinations. Denver is a great city, and the staff at the Hyatt will make sure you enjoy it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

Our December 2011 stay was amazing. The entire staff was courteous and helpful. Several staff were there to assist when we pulled in, looked for our room, and when we were leaving. The self check in and out was a real timesaver. Our room was clean, quiet, and provided the amenities we expected. We were at the Peak's Lounge (27th floor) as the sun was setting over the Rockies. Our Denver son commented that he had never seen such a beautiful sunset on the Rockies. The location is wonderful...just blocks away from the 16th Street Mall with all of its shops and restaurants.The only drawback was the single, small roof top hot tub. I expected more considering the size of the hotel.

Room Tip: For a great view, choose a room on a higher floor. You can choose a mountain or downtown view.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, January 8, 2012
Dear mima53,

I'm glad we were able to help you close out 2011 on a high note. I just wanted to express my appreciation of your wonderful comments about our property and staff. I love to sneak up to Peaks around that time and have definitely snapped a picture or two of those sunsets so I'm glad you caught one. I hope we can have you back to see another one soon!

Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

Stayed New Years 2012 and found the hotel to be clean and a great location. Excellant service, great food at Altitude restaurant. Great hotel at a reasonable price!

• Stayed January 2012
Dear cypins,

I'm happy to hear that you rang in 2012 with us and had a great time doing it! Happy new year and hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Best,
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2012

I don't know that we've ever had a more pleasant hotel stay. We came to Denver primarily to see a New Year’s Eve concert at the Odgen Theatre.

When we arrived at the hotel, there was a mix up due to booking through a third party. Amanda at the front desk was warm, completely empathic and immediately set us at ease before providing us with a beautiful room complete with a spectacular view of the city and distant mountains.

Because the restaurant was booked for New Year’s Eve, we decided to order room service. We had a surprise in store for us! Sylvia brought in a huge platter of food (carried by hand, not on a cart). With a delightful German accent, she announced that she was going “to spoil us.” She did. She presented every item with great fanfare. The service was charming, the food excellent, and the view stunning. We felt as if we were in a 5-star restaurant reserved just for us!

Yesterday afternoon when we returned from a trip to Boulder, I found that my key did not work. I grumbled a bit and returned to the front desk where I immediately received new keys. Later that evening, after returning from a movie, we found a little present (a box of chocolates) and a sincere note of apology from the Assistant Manager, signed by the entire staff! I’m sorry, but have apparently misplaced the note, and do not recall the Manager’s name (my sincerest apology to him).

We have agreed that our stay with this Hyatt was so pleasant, and downtown Denver was so nice, that we will return soon just to relax, go to the movies, read, enjoy good food, and perhaps take in another concert. We went to Denver primarily to see a concert. But, because of the wonderful staff and facilities, our visit became what one might call “a dream vacation,” albeit a short one.

Giles and Jaci
Fort Worth, Texas

Room Tip: We were on the 33rd floor with a view of downtown, Mile High Stadium, and the mountains--spectacular...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Called the morning of my scheduled arrival (Dec 26th) to request early check in after an exhausting week and was pleasantly surprised to find they had rooms available at 11 a.m.! Front desk staff, both on the phone and in person, were extraordinarily friendly and helpful, as were the bell and door staff. I had requested a "quiet" room and that's exactly what I got. Checked in and was on my way to a nap within less than 5 minutes of pulling up to the door. Room was sparkling clean; a bit on the small side but with a very comfortable bed, Location just off 16th Street Mall and near the convention center is perfect for business or pleasure. Sampled the lobby bar one evening and enjoyed excellent service while watching the end of a football game. Coffee/gift shop on main floor was stocked with all the basics. Only complaint is that the 27th floor restaurant was not open on the one evening we had available to visit, however we did peek through the door and saw an awesome view of the Front Range.

If you have to be in Denver over the Thanksgiving - New Year's time frame, check out the web site at http://www.denver.org/milehighholidays. This is the 3rd year I've taken advantage of their hotel deals and I've been happy with all of my choices (some more so than others). Have to sayt the Hyatt Regency was the best hotel I've stayed at in Denver so far.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
RegencyHyatt, Manager at Hyatt Regency Denver At Colorado Convention Center, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Dear RockDiva,

I'm so happy to hear that you had such a nice experience with so many of our hotel outlets and staff. I really wish you had the opportunity to see the Peaks Lounge on the 27th floor as it has truly one of a kind views and service. Next time you visit Denver be sure to make the Hyatt Regency your preferred hotel choice! Thanks again!

Danny Whelan