“My favorite in Denver” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rioja

Rioja
1431 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80202 (Downtown)
(303) 820-2282
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rioja is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 2,555 Restaurants in Denver
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
“My favorite in Denver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We went here for a business meeting. It was my favorite meal in Denver. Located on a fun street. Very popular. Eclectic menu. Our entire party had a great meal.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Denver, Colorado
“As good as it gets in Denver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Dined there tonight. Pork with vanilla jus was remarkable success in taste, vanilla's point and counterpoint with pork and pears should not be missed! A special of open-faced beet ravioli with crab was savory and delightful. Beignets were perfect finish! The staff is well trained and on point with excellent attention to detail all night. This is a superb dining expereince, but be rready for a high energy crowd!

taos, nm
“always good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

we go for brunch when we are in denver , always sitting at the bar...and never, ever have been disappointed! service, atmosphere, and food..always first rate

Visited March 2013
Denver, Colorado
“I went in thinking it would be good, but was wrong--it was excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I am a self-proclaimed foodie, in that I enjoy good food, there's nothing I won't try, and I pay attention when I eat. I'd heard Rioja was good from friends, but more than "like", I loved my meal there. I had the scallops appetizer, which had a terrific blend of scallops and eggplant. Colorado lamb loin and braised lamb was my entree, ahd it was succulent and tender, not to mention filling (no tiny portions here). Dessert was the Rioja version of a Napoleon, which was good--crunchy mille feille with sweet filling between the layers--but I couldn't finish. A splendid wine list and personable, professional service capped our evening. Plus it was bustling, and in my book it's always nicer to be at a busy place--plus we chatted with the table next to us.

Detroit, Michigan
“The Best of the Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were fortunate to come across this restaurant with friends. The service was flawless. We never once asked for a refill on drinks, wine, water. Silverware was replaced and brought without asking. Napkins folded and placed neatly or exchanged when we got up. To us TIPS: To insure perfect service, this was it. The food and the presentation was spectacular, including the breads, loved the lavender bread and the muffins! We tried the tuna appetizer, Rioja picnic and one other, all great. We had lamb, duck, and tortellini all excellent. The desserts were also very tasteful, we tried the pear and peanut butter dishes. There is an outdoor seating area when the weather permits. We spend 75 without drinks for two. I can not say enough about the service better than many 5 star places we have been. This is a must go!