“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek

You added Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1475 S Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO 80222 (Formerly Cherry Creek Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #66 of 149 Hotels in Denver
EstesnPark
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is undergoing renovations to some rooms on a floor-by-floor basis but we were not even aware of the work. The lobby is inviting with flavored waters, coffee, etc always available. The rooms are typical Marriott and the hotel is close to many chain restaurants. The pool is great. Ask my grandkids!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CeliaSellers, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thanks Ben! I'm so glad your grandkids enjoyed our pool and hot tub. It's great to have a place to spend time together as a family. Our location on Colorado Blvd. is very close to simple, inexpensive restaurants like Noodles & Company, Black Eyed Pea, Wahoo's Fish Tacos and Old Chicago Pizza - all kid friendly restaurants. We hope to see you and your family together again soon!
Celia Sellers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was in a good location by the mall and interstate 25. I felt very comfortable. The hotel itself was average; the bed was a bit too hard and the linens were nothing special. Not the best Marriott property that I've stayed at. I would probably look elsewhere the next visit.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thanks for your review. Please try us again when you return to the area to enjoy our fully renovated guest rooms - the new look is outstanding and will improve your experience greatly.
Daytona Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel lobby was under renovation, and I knew this when I booked the hotel. Expecting the worst, I was pleasantly surprised. All the construction was expertly covered with plastic sheeting and taped off around the areas. There was very little dust apparent in the walkways or the still functioning areas.

All the construction was done during the daytime, when most guests are not in their rooms. I did hear some light hammering beneath me (I was on the 2nd floor) and it made sense since the lobby was directly below my room.

As far as the room is concerned, it was previously under a different brand before Marriott, so the sizes of the rooms are not up to the Courtyard specs. The bathroom is tiny and the room is missing that sofa/coffee table sitting area that I am used to with other Courtyards. However, the room was clean and comfortable. The location of this hotel is perfect for my trip, in the middle of Colorado Blvd. where all the action is, and a mile or so away from Cherry Creek mall. No shortages of restaurants or nightlife.

The hotel is behind a gas station/mechanic so from street level, it is somewhat difficult to determine at first which driveway to turn into in order to reach the property. However, after the first experience, no issues whatsoever. Parking was ample both in front and back of the building, and was fenced all around. Felt safe and clean.

The staff was very professional and welcomed me as a platinum level member when I arrived. No issues whatsoever with checking in or out. Each time I approached the front desk for assistance with anything, it was a different person, but I felt as if I were talking to the same as before - their professionalism is very consistent.

If you stay here, try to get up to the top floor restaurant for a peek at the view of the rockies. There was a private event up there the day I decided to go explore, and the people there allowed me to walk in and take some pictures out the windows.

Would I stay here again? For the convenience, yes. The other two Marriott properties are the Fairfield Inn across the street (you can see it from the Courtyard window, it's that close) and the Residence Inn (much newer property) down the street a few blocks north.

Room Tip: West facing rooms have a rocky mountain view and the higher floor you go, the better the view. Eas...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of the Courtyard Cherry Creek! Your assessment was spot on, and I know that future travelers will appreciate your information. The renovation of our lobby, restaurant and meeting rooms is now complete, and we are working hard to complete the full guest room renovations one floor at a time. We are absolutely doing our best to keep the noise down and as we are not doing any construction, it hasn't been a problem. I hope you will visit us again soon to enjoy the new Courtyard look in our guest rooms!
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed for 2 nights last week of April, 2014. Despite the lobby being refurbished, the reception service was compromised. It was necessary for me to check in late at night due to delays. I called a couple times to assure that my room would be held as I was aware that every hotel in town was booked up. I was assured that there would be a room for me.
I was delighted with my room on the fifth floor facing the mountains! It was spacious, clean and comfy and the view was a treat considering my late check-in and hotels being booked up.
This is a convenient location, and on my last night I didn't feel like driving- was happy to find many options for dinner within walking distance.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor, mountain view- it's glorious!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you Lizette! I am so happy we were able to exceed your expectations, and appreciate your understanding of our renovations. The lobby area is almost complete, so please come back soon to enjoy our new Bistro and Bar area.
Cordially,
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I am a Marriott Gold Elite member and this was the WORST MARRIOTT EXPERIENCE I have ever had. The check-in experience sets the tone for any hotel visit. My front desk clerk seemed to want to be anywhere else than working that night. She was short, uninterested, and did not know what she was doing. To make it worse, the OTHER front desk agent was peppy, outgoing, and a true Marriott ambassador. I felt jipped! I had to ask if I received any Gold Elite benefits (none according to her). She told me I was in a suite?!?!?! When I left check-in and went to my room the phone was ringing... It was the friendly (sarcasm) front desk agent. She called to tell me I was not in a suite. Was this a joke? Sadly, no. I completed the Marriott survey sent to my by email and noted my poor experience. I do have to give credit to Celia, the GM. She wrote back and she apologized for dropping the ball on my stay. Unfortunately for Marriott, HILTON will get an opportunity to earn my business.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Courtyard C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for letting us know about your check-in experience. We are working hard to improve our front desk staff training so that these types of mistakes are no longer made. I appreciate your willingness to talk with me, and will hope to see you again in the future.
Illinois US
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

Well, I can't say I have ever started a review with the bathroom, but here goes... The bath measures 2 1/2 bathtubs. In that space, place a bathtub, a toilet and a sink... You can barely turn around and the vanity top is super tiny. Enough said about that.
Now, about the connecting doors on what seems like most mountain view rooms. They are very thin and transmit noise from the "attached" room. We moved one night, then the next night someone moved in and the noise started all over again. Like it's almost right there in the room. Non-mountain view rooms will not have mostly connecting doors...your decision. How's that view at 3AM?
Small baths and unusual room design ever for a Marriott.
First room smelled of strong deodorizer.
Under renovation.
Staff stands out. Exceptional.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room with a connecting door.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Courtyard C, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Richard, I would agree that our bathroom size is smaller than other Courtyards. This building has been several different brands over the years, and standards have changed. We wish we could make them bigger, but..... We try to offer superior service and value in many other ways, including our upcoming room renovations, new lobby and restaurant renovations and the additions of a Starbucks coffee kiosk in the lobby. Connecting rooms are a blessing and a curse - great if you have a big group, not so great if you don't need two rooms. Definitely choose a non-connecting room if you don't need two rooms! Thanks for your feedback!
Celia Sellers, GM

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!