“I Will Return Because the Staff are SO Great!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1475 S Colorado Blvd, Denver, CO 80222 (Formerly Cherry Creek Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #60 of 147 hotels in Denver
Dallas
“I Will Return Because the Staff are SO Great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

This Courtyard is a bit unusual in that the have a full service restaurant and bar instead of the new Bistros, however it is really nice. The bartenders and wait staff have been very friendly and customer service oriented during my stay. The buffalo burger is a must order and the Reuben is very respectable too. When I first checked in, I was not pleased with my room overlooking the parking lot and Colorado Blvd., so the front desk staff moved me. Thanks! Room 1018 is perfect with a great view overlooking the Rockies. The 1118 and up floors would be even better, just make sure you are on a high floor and on the backside of the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to recognize our staff and review your stay with us! You're correct in that we're not a typical Courtyard as we're one of the only full-service Courtyards there are! We are happy to say while we'll be keeping our full-service restaurant, our hotel will be undergoing a renovation where we'll gain the Bistro motif in 2013. We're glad our staff were able to accommodate your view request as our view of the Rocky Mountains truly can't be beat! We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Honolulu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for several days hoping to walk around the famous Cherry Creek area. It is nowhere near the mall or walking neighborhood of shops and cafes. It is on a busy highway surrounded by Ihop and gas stations about 10 minute drive in lots of traffic to Cherry Creek proper. The hotel staff was friendly and the room was nice, especially since it had a small fridge. Room service food was awful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hartford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Convenient off the highway and close to many of the schools. Comfortable and well run. The staff is friendly and efficient . Rooms are clean. Ample parking and free wi- fi when I was there. Nice pool ... a great hotel to stay at.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us! We're so glad you enjoyed our property and found it well-maintained and clean! We strive daily to ensure all of our guests have an excellent experience and I know our staff will appreciate your recognition of their efforts. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Courtyard in the future!

las vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

This Courtyard is well located at Florida and Colorado Blvd in Denver. Hotel is older but refurbished. While our double queen was just a bit on the small side and the bathroom was small, location,location,location and a great staff made up for it. The property was very clean and well maintained. The staff was excellent as was the breakfast buffet.

Room Tip: Try to get a 7th floor or higher on the west side away from Colorado Blvd...with a view of the mount...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I'm glad you enjoyed our location, convenient to I-25 and the Cherry Creek Shopping District, as well as our well-trained staff and hot breakfast buffet. We hope to welcome you back to our Courtyard in the near future.

lilibird
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

This is a perfectly clean and friendly hotel near the DU campus which makes it convenient for parents. The area is nondescript and doesn't offer many nice places to eat within walking distance, but Blackeyed Pea's across the street gets the job done. Great breakfast but you have to pay for it. If you want to experience Denver I wouldn't stay here.

Room Tip: The rooms are all the same. If you get an adjoining room you will hear everything your neighbors do...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to review your stay with us! We're delighted to hear that you found our hotel to be "Great for DU Parents"! While we're glad you enjoyed Black Eyed Pea, I did want to mention that there are some fabulous restaurants within a short drive of us in the heart of Cherry Creek. Elway's comes to mind! Next time you're in town, just let us know and we'll be happy to help you have the perfect Denver experience.

san francisco
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I don't agree with the rave reviews and was disappointed in this hotel. If you set your expectations lower, it will be fine. I agree that this is a clean, fine place to stay if you just need a reasonable place near University of Denver, or you are alone on business, but this is not a vacation hotel. The rooms are fine. Very basic and not the best design. Ask for a high floor with a rocky mountain view. We booked an executive king (slightly larger) for three of us, but were told they are only on the parking lot side, which was very unattractive. The views on the other side were well worth the smaller room. The larger room was a strange layout anyway. The room is ok. Basic. Bathroom so small, I banged myself several times (I am a small person!), and I was honestly frustrated. $3.50 for a bottle of water in the room; they did have some cups of water in the lobby which was appreciated. Bad/weak free coffee in the lobby. Very loud music in the lobby, so you couldn't sit and enjoy a newspaper. It is reasonably priced, and very clean, but no frills (except for Paul Mitchell shampoo). The location is odd, in the midst of lots of strip malls. Pros: Very nice staff; very clean rooms, relatively comfortable bed (although the pull out couch was almost not usable for sleep--my teen, who can sleep anywhere said he barely slept for two nights) reasonable compared to some others in the area; free parking. Cons: No frills, small bathrooms, unattractive location. I would only come back here if other hotels were exorbitantly more expensive, or if I was only going to be here one night. I'd like to try the JW Marriott next time.

Room Tip: High floor; mountain view. Lower floor, parking lot view claustrophobic.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
VStocking, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for thoughtfully reviewing your stay with us – feedback like your own is invaluable to continue giving superior hospitality to our guests. I am so distraught to hear that you and your family were disappointed in your stay with us. Please know that the frustrations you’ve experienced are being seriously reviewed by our team to ensure they are not repeated. Should you plan on returning to the area, please let me know so I may personally oversee your reservation to ensure that your stay is flawless.

Best wishes,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for business. Although its about a 20 min ride to the Convention Center and dowtown in traffic, it was such a nice property, I would probably stay again. I appreciated the cleanliness of my room, lobby, restaurant and bar. I liked the small boutique hotel feel and warm customer service.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our property! We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and intend on visiting us again in the future. While we are not in the heart of Downtown Denver, we do have the plus of free parking, a savings of $25-30 a night. We’re looking forward to exceeding your expectations your next stay with us and can’t wait to have you as our guest in the future.

Veanne Stocking

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!