“Experimental flavors” 3 of 5 stars

303.623.3223
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Beast and Bottle is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 2,558 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Washington St
Transit: Bus Route #32 stops at 19th & Washington. We are about a 5 minute walk from the bus stop.
Description: A new look at the tastes of the Mediterranean inspired by the cuisines of Spain, Italy & Southern France. Boldness of taste, purity of ingredients, simplicity of presentation and uncomplicated describes the food. Made by hand each dish showcases the flavors of this area. Olivea's menu changes seasonally to make the most of the current harvests and reflect the values of ourselves as well as the countries we emulate. Olivea also celebrates the Mediterranean shared sense of exuberant hospitality and extroverted love of food.
Denver, Colorado
“Experimental flavors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

After reading a couple of reviews on a Friday night, we decided to try Beast and Bottle. We were amazed to find parking, and also, we were seated right away. The service was wonderful and the atmosphere/decor very pleasant and relaxing. We were looking forward to an exciting palate of flavors the menu was boasting about. We order a couple of appetizers (small plates) and were blown away - combination of flavors was amazing. Unfortunately, we did not suspect that it would be the best part of our meal. Braised lamb with potatoes - was OK. The meat wasn't quite falling of the bones, and there was this sauce with smoked flavor. It killed all of the other flavors on the plate. Potatoes were also smoked, but the flavor was almost as if someone poured liquid smoke on them and then baked them. I know that wasn't the case, but that was the flavor. Pork chop - OK, nothing too spectacular. Dessert - tart crust was too thick and was barely breakable with a knife. The dessert had several interesting components, including avocado sauce, however, none of them went together. Would I recommend it? Yes, of course, perhaps you will have better luck and different menu, but be prepared that some flavors this restaurant experiments with are not always well matched. Would I return? I don't know. For $170 dinner for two, w/ one cocktail and glass of champagne, I might take my money somewhere else.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Denver
“Outstanding Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

From start to finish, Beast + Bottle was a five-star experience.
We arrived a little late for our 6:45 reservation (we called to let them know) and were warmly greeted and showed to our table at about five minutes to seven.

Our waitress was super nice, informative and helpful - she let us know about the chef's tasting menu and the wine paring menu - both were an awesome value ($44 for the tasting menu + $20 if you wanted the wine). We all did the tasting menu, and two of us paired it with wine. The way the menu is broken down apps and small plates are on top and entrees are on the bottom. You pick one from the top, one from the bottom and then a dessert. Easy peasy. And super yummy.

I started with the Bangs Island mussels - they were large, plump and wonderfully cooked. Then there's like a little "intermission" where they bring you some wonderful gnocchi (also paired with wine). After that, it was time for entrees. The pappardelle was AMAZING. Rich and filling - I could barely finish half (braised shoulder + belly ragú, ricotta, meyer lemon oil, arugula). And just when I thought it was impossible to eat more or have a happier tummy, dessert came. I went with the black walnut turnover with goat cheese mousse, rooftop honey and carrot-orange sorbet. It was one of the best desserts I've ever had. All of the ingredients just "fit" and it was that perfect combination of warm, sweet, but not too sweet.

Service was spot on - we never waited or wanted for anything. And the food - ALL the food - was spectacular. I don't "excellent" reviews all that often, but with a meal and service like we experienced at B+B, they deserve it.

• Visited May 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Best breakfast in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've been to, at least I think I've been to every trendy breakfast place in Denver. It's tempting to trash some of the others, however this review is about Beast + Bottle. I've never been to a breakfast place with such good drinks, service and ambiance it makes me want to go here every weekend. If it was open during the week I would probably have to do the old school charge account thing because I would insist on meeting my morning clients here. It's not even a great place to do business, it's just so good I can't resist showing it off...like I know something you don't type of stuff. Try the Campari up in here and any food item (if the scotch egg's on special get it!) and you won't be disappointed. This place also has some of best service in Denver...I hate to say this but the waitresses are also very hot in a sort of Denver all natural Whole Foods kind of way...my wife is going to kill me.

• Visited May 2014
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
“a must visit every time i'm in denver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

great food, service and friendly and helpful owners make this small excellent restaurant a must if in denver ... make a reservation, it helps. the management is concerned and caring and the ambiance relaxing ... from flatbreads to specials to meat and so on, this is one of the few restaurants where i always try something new and it's worth it ... they define themselves as RUSTIC AMERICAN CRAFT FOOD ... no matter ... we always love our visits and total dining experience ... you'll be glad you did !!!!

• Visited April 2014
Andover, MA
“fun dinner!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very much enjoyed this restaurant. Interesting wine list (which in my book is a must to get a good review). Large portions (probably a little too large given that they encouraged sharing). They do have petite desserts which is a trend I wish more restaurants would follow. The food was very good, high quality, and we sat at the community table, which was fun. Place is very small so suggest reservations, though there are plenty of other restaurants nearby if you can't get in.

• Visited February 2014