“Good food and karaoke!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Armida's

Armida's
840 Lincoln St, Denver, CO 80203 (Capitol Hill)
303-842-1578
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
CO
“Good food and karaoke!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This place has SO much going for them! Firstly, it's one of the only places that exists in the world with SO MUCH open karaoke! On the weekends, they have an upstairs area open that serves food and drinks with a karaoke area that is more private from the karaoke downstairs! In my humble opinion, they should keep both karaoke areas open all of the time! There are so many people that want to sing, it gets hard waiting sometimes. And the karaoke DJs also play favorites and skip over people ... it gets a bit political, unfortunately.

Secondly, on top of having wonderful karaoke, their food is actually delicious! It is a DenMex place in that it serves its entrees smothered in sauce. However, the flavors are tasty and the price is DEFINITELY right. AND you'll be full. In terms of drinks, their specialty drinks are a bit pricey, but super worth it. If they have it, I HIGHLY recommend the tamarind drink!!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Finally a Mexican restaurant with spice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Food was pretty good with average sized portions... I loved the spice to the salsa and chili... Friendly staff... Host karaoke certain nights of week... Food half off and drinks 2 for 1 before 7pm... Downside is that it is small and seating is tight... Lots of hot girls on weekends with a decent beer selection... Margaritas are weak in tequila and preparation in that I ordered a frozen margarita and it might as well have been on the rocks... Still I recommend going :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I have a video of me doing a Karaoke of Barry Manilow's "I Write the Songs" back in 2004. People were...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

I have a video of me doing a Karaoke of Barry Manilow's "I Write the Songs" back in 2004. People were cheering, a drunk guy grabbed me afterwards, looked me in the eye and said "that took balls." We also noticed a couple of really pretty girls that turned out to be mother and daughter, so we coined the term DILF - which is similar to a MILF - but a daughter. I think I was wearing a sombrero that night. Fun little place, not really a dive but close.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“pretty good food, awesome karaoke!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2007

pretty good food, awesome karaoke!