“Strings is CLOSING” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Strings - CLOSED

Strings
1700 Humboldt St, Denver, CO 80218-1109 (City Park)
(303) 831-7310
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: City Park
Cross street: 17th
Description: Located in Denver's Uptown neighborhood, the newly redecorated Strings has long been one of Denver's hippest restaurants. Great service and delicious, artful food attracts a "colorful" crowd of visiting celebrities, politicians, and loyal locals. Popular and bustling with excitement, the dress code ranges from blue jeans to tuxedos in this casual but elegant atmosphere. The menu focuses on New American cuisine, with creative noodle dishes and fresh seafood, like the Cashew Crusted Seabass with saffron couscous & vanilla bean butter. Lunch and dinner specials change daily to match the season and the mood of the chef.
“Strings is CLOSING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Strings, one of the finest restaurants in Denver is closing it's door in May (2013). When ever I needed a high-end, wonderful dinner with great service, Strings is the place I came. I can't say enough good things about my visits to this wonderful Denver restaurant. I am so sorry to hear that it is closing it's doors. I wonder where all the movie stars and entertainers will now go for a late dinner?

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kailua-Kona
“Best Neighborhood Restaurant in Denver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Each plate is prepared as if it were the only dish being served that day. The presentations are beautiful, but best of all the creative lunch and diner entrees cannot help but please any palate. Tuna tartar, an appetizer, is presented on a glass block - delicious.

The service is attentive, but not smothering. The décor can best be described as modern; glass, chrome and soft colors. There is an outside patio on the street, which is nice in the summer. Parking is never a problem and if you cannot find a place to park, there is usually a valet that will take good care of your car.

Eat here - you will not regret it!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lakewood, Colorado
“great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

6 of us ate here for a birthday meal during 5280. The service was great, waiter very informed and friendly. timely service. The short ribs were fall off the bone tender and delicious & large portion. The excargot was over the top, We had a variety of appetizers entree's , everyone raved about their food. including the deserts. We ate about 8 pm on a Thursday, not crowded at all but the room seemed cold to me, had to wear my sweater.

Denver, Colorado
“The food was underwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We had high hopes for Strings and made reservations for 5280 week. The service was fine and the place has a nice modern feel, although the all shades-of-gray decor left me wanting more color. The food was mostly good but not great. I was most disappointed with the beef short rib I ordered because it was tough and the two sauces that came with it did not seem to go together. If asked to describe our experience there I would say "It was okay." We will be looking for a new place the next time we want to go out for a special meal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“5280”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Went to Strings for 5280, sat at the bar, the food was not good, not even close to good, the bartender made no effort whatsoever to do anything other than hand over drinks, no conversation, no smile, no personality. I had heard this place was terrible, I gave it a shot anyway, it was terrible, I will never go back and I will never recommend it to anyone, so disappointed.

• 2 of 5 stars Food