To preface my comments, I am a Hilton Diamond member. I mentioned this because I have been to many Hilton hotels over the years. This is undoubtedly the top Hilton property I have stayed at (excluding Waldorf Astoria).
I was recently in Denver for a 3 day meeting. Instead of staying at the Hotel Monaco where the meeting was, I stayed at the Homewood Suites. The highlights of my experience:
1) The service was exceptional. I was impressed by the managers helping with service at the Thursday night dinner I attended, including pouring wine and beer. The other employees at dinner and breakfast were exceptional as well, routinely stopping by the table and asking if I wanted any refills of beer, coffee, etc. Another instance of great service was after I worked out in the gym I happened to come across an employee while I was waiting for the elevator back to my room who asked me about my workout experience and that he hoped it was great. It turns out he was an assistant general manager who was very gracious to offer me his help with anything I needed during my stay. I came across other random employees through my 3 day stay who I were equally impressed with. The level of service I would venture to say was something I would expect from a Waldorf Astoria level of hotel - hard to believe perhaps but definitely true (and I have spent many nights at various Waldorf Astorias to know!). These brief but positive experiences with many staff members I came across were the single most memorable part of the stay.
2) The facilities are clean and the ambiance was warm and inviting. It had been snowing so there was plenty of mud that ended up getting tracked inside. I saw someone mopping the lobby pretty much all the time. The several fireplaces in the lobby were nice. Sitting in the dining area I never had an issue with cold air blowing in when the door opened but could see this happening if you sat at the far end by the doors. Something unique was a TV built into the wall above the sinks in the main lobby bathroom. My room was clean. As you can see from pictures that others have posted the gym is quite large. There were never more than 2-3 other people in there when I went each day. Also nice is that the gym was open 24/7. There is also a hot tub and pool.
3) If you stay on a Monday-Thursday, there is a dinner provided with wine/beer as many hotels do. I thought that food was actually quite good (it was tilapia on the Thursday I stayed). I liked how a menu was posted on my room's fridge for each of these meals. Each meal throughout the month was never repeated.
So overall, I would rate this hotel very highly and I would definitely return if in the Denver area. It takes a lot to impress me if I am to be frank, and this hotel has done just that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, CO hotel is centrally located in downtown Denver, just a half block from the Colorado Convention Center. Our contemporary facility offers all the comforts of home, including fully equipped kitchen, complimentary WiFi, full hot breakfast, and evening dinner and drinks. (Monday-Thursday) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.