“Wonderful hotel: gorgeous rooms, and outstanding service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   550 15th Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Football Fan Package
Ranked #1 of 148 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
mumbai
“Wonderful hotel: gorgeous rooms, and outstanding service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This property in downtown Denver is simply amazing: it is brand new, so the rooms are in great shape, and moreover, they are huge. The smallest rooms are 550 sq. ft, with a separate seating area and a kitchen. This is a huge plus when traveling with kids. Everything about this hotel is simply perfect and blew us away: the rooms are more like suites, and very stylish and comfortable; the property has a very clean, bright, modern and playful feel, including the lobby, breakfast and bar areas; the included hot breakfast we enjoyed every morning was great; the mountain views simply breathtaking. But, the most impressive part about our stay here, and what made this stay truly memorable, was the outstanding service from the staff, which was at par with the service one gets at a Four Seasons property. Every staff member we encountered was helpful, friendly, and considerate above and beyond what is necessary: Kelsey (manager), Amanda, Selamawit, Natalie, every valet and bell-hop we met, housekeeping staff like Virginia, and numerous other staff-members whose names I could not all record, were so wonderful and thoughtful, making our stay very very comfortable, and the memories of this special family vacation very happy. In other words, I don't know how they do it, but kudos to the team at this hotel for running an outstanding operation! The rooms actually, for the suites they are and the meals they include, should cost at least double of what they do right now! 'Splurge' for the large, panoramic mountain-view rooms: you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Book the large, panoramic mountain-view rooms: breathtaking. The 'large' rooms are 50 sq. f...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your review. Many of the team members you identified work behing the scenes so they were thrilled that they provided memorable service to you and your family. We recognize that family vacations are a time to cherish and we are honored that you chose our hotel as part of your trip. We look forward to seeing you whenever your travels bring you back to Denver.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Austin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

During our vacation road trip we stayed at this Homewood Suites for four nights including July 4. For the price, you cannot beat this hotel for its location and service. Even with the $31 valet parking, it was worth it. We were confused at first by the fact that this Homewood Suites shares the building and lobby spaces with a Hampton Inn, but it seems to be an excellent arrangement for both properties. (The upper floors are Homewood Suites floors, by the way)

So, to make it easy, here's a list of the good stuff:

1. Excellent customer service, including in our case an adjustment to our charges without any problem whatsoever

2. Food choices for breakfast that were far and above the usual "free buffet breakfast" fare - fresh cut watermelon, eggs and potatoes with actual flavor, fresh baked muffins and popovers kept warm and replenished frequently, extensive cereals and breads, the ubiquitous waffle maker but with fresh fruit toppings available, etc.

3. While we didn't partake of their weekday dinners because we had other plans, they had tilapia one night and on July 4 they served burgers and hotdogs - I took a look and the main dishes and sides looked fresh and well prepared

4. The food staff took great pride in their work. They asked if we needed anything, offered to take dirty dishes from the tables,walked about offering coffee refills - what a treat to have such good service in this price range!

5. LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION! We took a slow and easy 15 minute walk to the local downtown July 4 Eve (on July 3) celebration, and the 16th Street Mall area with its many restaurants and shops was just a couple of blocks away - it was simple and easy to navigate on foot to anything we needed and we felt safe (with the usual downtown alertness that one should maintain in any large city)

6. The pull-out bed was comfortable for our 9-year old daughter (this is not our usual experience in hotels with pull-outs, so it was a pleasant surprise); our king bed was very comfortable and the room was well stocked with bedding and pillows for all when we arrived

7. QUIET! Our high-floor room was far from the elevator and we never heard a peep from others in the hotel, especially at night - no neighbor room sounds, no door slamming sounds, no elevator dings or ice machine whines.

8. Fully equipped and modern kitchen amenities

9. Great water pressure and temperature for showers (an oddity is the walk-in shower, not a bad thing, just no option to actually relax in a tub if one wants to. It was no big deal to us though!)

10. Ceiling fan in the main sleeping area was a lovely plus! Also, good lighting and awesome shades for the windows, both "day shades" and "night shades" that were operated by chain pulls to go up and down - very modern and sleek.

11. Excellent free wifi with absolutely no problems whatsoever with connection and speed

12. Clean facilities all over, lots of elevators that were swift and in good service, small but very pleasant pool and hot tub area (indoor); good workout facilities

Now for the very short list of "not so great" stuff:

1. While the air conditioning is "in wall" rather than a window unit, it runs like a window unit. It's not as loud, but the fan never cuts off. In a high and dry climate, this causes a lot of even drier throats and mouths overnight. So, do some extra hydrating during the day. If you're a light sleeper like me, consider soft earplugs. (I use them all the time in hotels)

2. Valet charges - at this property this is only a minor complaint. I know this is a money maker for downtown hotels, and I know that $31 is a typical charge for the area. However, given that the Homewood Suites offered free wifi as opposed to the $10-15 wifi at so many other downtown hotels, I was willing to pony up.

That's really it for the negatives. They are very minor and do not at all detract from our experience. We had an excellent stay, and if we visit Denver in the future we would certainly be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for the thorough review of our Homewood Suites. It was a pleasure serving you during the exciting July 4th weekend. We do have rooms with a tub so please let us know next time you make reservations and we will make that happen for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
denver, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Good location but parking is not cheap! No self parking and valet is $31. Parking meters are an option but read the overnight directions carefully as it's not free overnight but is free on Sunday. This was an office building bu the insides are all new

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were extremely happy with the quality of the stay at the Denver Homewood Suites. The room we had was awesome from the layout, newness, design, window views, etc. The hotel as a whole provided a great experience and as someone who works out daily, the hotel's gym was awesome and very useful as it had a full compliments of free weights and cardio equipment. We had only planned to stay there two days but we were enjoying our stay so much that we cancelled reservations that we had elsewhere to stay at the Denver Homewood Suites for those two additional days. Thank you for the great value and great stay! Curtis Holmes

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Homewood was my base for my recent stay in Denver. It was the first time for me at a Homewood and I will be back. The Homewood and Hampton are collocated, with the Homewood rooms on the higher floors.

The hotel is very close to the convention centre (extremely helpful if you are attending a conference and allowed me to pop in between sessions), and a quick block walk to the 16th Street mall, rapid transit, restaurants and stores. There is a bike rental kiosk located at the end of the block by the Convention Centre if you want to ride around.

The hotel and valet staff were very friendly and helpful during my stay. I was told that it recently opened this spring.

The room were spacious, well laid out, quiet, clean and had lots of storage space. I stayed in a corner room and thought the layout was very comfortable. While I didn't cook in the suite, it had everything I would need.

The manager's special dinners were tasty (and was a great option to having to look for dinner) and the host staff were very attentive. The lobby was spacious and perfect for meeting with others. The exercise room is large and has a number of machines.

All in all, I would recommend the Homewood as an excellent hotel, especially if you are staying in Denver for conference.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. I hope you found enough attractions in downtown Denver that will make you want to visit our city again soon! It is great to hear that based on your experience at our Homewood Suites that you will seek out this Hilton brand in the future. We look forward to seeing you again.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I recently found myself without a hotel room in downtown Denver and was having a drink at the Hyatt Regency. They were sold out, but highly recommended the Homewood Suites next door. I was skeptical.
I have stayed at Homewood Suites around the country before. The best description of other properties would be "adequate." Not this Homewood Suites. It's brand new (as in, just opened 1 1/2 months before my stay) and modern. Before it was a hotel, it was an old office building. Nice conversion!
The location couldn't be better- it's one block away from 16th Street Mall- packed with tourist goodies, bars, restaurants and shopping. Although I didn't visit, it's apparently close to the Denver Convention Center.
I walked next door from the Hyatt & Deb was manning the front desk for both the Hampton Inn & Homewood Suites. She checked me in quickly and efficiently and offered me a water. I checked in late and she could tell I was travel weary and exhausted. Deb upgraded me to a suite without asking and took incredible care of me!
The room: wow. Huge. Modern. Clean. Comfortable king sized bed that rivaled the Westin's Heavenly (I wish I could have taken the pillows home). Large HD LCD tv that would swivel to wherever I was so I could watch from couch or bed. Small kitchenette area with sink, microwave, fridge and granite countertops. Living room/sitting area with giant couch that had a pull out bed (I checked, but didn't need). Desk with ergonomic chair that separated the room that had me secretly wishing I had work to do. View of downtown Denver that had me in awe.

I didn't take advantage of the free breakfast but it was offered. I used valet (friendly and fast but $16 for 4 hours) and their coffee bar a few times. Whenever I needed directions, suggestions on a restaurant or a bar, or service of any kind- there was a friendly, eager to help hotel rep.

I wouldn't think twice about booking another stay at this hotel and would absolutely recommend it to others. I have stayed at the Hyatt next door before and I would even recommend it over the Hyatt.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a view of Downtown Denver, it's beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Brittany, thank you for your thorough review of our Homewood Suites. Homewood Suites are moving into the urban areas more than ever before so you may find similar (not identical) hotels in other major markets where you travel. I was pleased to hear that Deb's service was memorable and your comments reinforce our desire to simply delight our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Denver!
Colorado Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great location for downtown Denver. One block from the 16th Street Mall. Totally friendly staff, very-very clean room. Well equipped kitchen and the complimentary meals were wonderful. I have recommended this place for a stay over and over again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center? Share your experiences!