“Beyond expectations.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center

You added Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center to your Saves list
Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beyond expectations.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

I recently found myself without a hotel room in downtown Denver and was having a drink at the Hyatt Regency. They were sold out, but highly recommended the Homewood Suites next door. I was skeptical.
I have stayed at Homewood Suites around the country before. The best description of other properties would be "adequate." Not this Homewood Suites. It's brand new (as in, just opened 1 1/2 months before my stay) and modern. Before it was a hotel, it was an old office building. Nice conversion!
The location couldn't be better- it's one block away from 16th Street Mall- packed with tourist goodies, bars, restaurants and shopping. Although I didn't visit, it's apparently close to the Denver Convention Center.
I walked next door from the Hyatt & Deb was manning the front desk for both the Hampton Inn & Homewood Suites. She checked me in quickly and efficiently and offered me a water. I checked in late and she could tell I was travel weary and exhausted. Deb upgraded me to a suite without asking and took incredible care of me!
The room: wow. Huge. Modern. Clean. Comfortable king sized bed that rivaled the Westin's Heavenly (I wish I could have taken the pillows home). Large HD LCD tv that would swivel to wherever I was so I could watch from couch or bed. Small kitchenette area with sink, microwave, fridge and granite countertops. Living room/sitting area with giant couch that had a pull out bed (I checked, but didn't need). Desk with ergonomic chair that separated the room that had me secretly wishing I had work to do. View of downtown Denver that had me in awe.

I didn't take advantage of the free breakfast but it was offered. I used valet (friendly and fast but $16 for 4 hours) and their coffee bar a few times. Whenever I needed directions, suggestions on a restaurant or a bar, or service of any kind- there was a friendly, eager to help hotel rep.

I wouldn't think twice about booking another stay at this hotel and would absolutely recommend it to others. I have stayed at the Hyatt next door before and I would even recommend it over the Hyatt.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a view of Downtown Denver, it's beautiful!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Brittany, thank you for your thorough review of our Homewood Suites. Homewood Suites are moving into the urban areas more than ever before so you may find similar (not identical) hotels in other major markets where you travel. I was pleased to hear that Deb's service was memorable and your comments reinforce our desire to simply delight our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Denver!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Colorado Springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great location for downtown Denver. One block from the 16th Street Mall. Totally friendly staff, very-very clean room. Well equipped kitchen and the complimentary meals were wonderful. I have recommended this place for a stay over and over again.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 1 night in June. The room was fantastic, its too bad we were staying only one night. The room was huge, a king size bed, living room with sofa bed, a full kitchen, and good size bathroom. The bathroom did not have a tub however. Breakfast was included and it was a pretty good spread, all the basics including waffles. The waffle maker is tucked in the back so I almost missed it, make sure to look around the whole room and small hallway. The eggs were probably the only bad thing, overcooked and crumble looking. The guy who worked in the breakfast area was very nice and helpful.
My only negative comment is that I had to wait a while to be helped when I arrived. My flight got in really late so I didn't get to the hotel until after midnight. The valet person was not outside and no one was at the front desk. My daughter was asleep in the car so I couldn't just wander around looking for someone and wouldn't want to at that time at night. Luckily the whole front of the hotel is windows so when someone showed up at the front desk (about 7-10 after I got there) I was able to knock on the window and he came out right away.
Valet parking is only available at hotel and its really expensive $31 for overnight. The price should be lower more like $20 or $25.

All in all a good stay. I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for your review. Based on your experience we will ensure that when the valet attendant is parking a car the front desk representative will be present at the front desk. Thank you for this valuable information which helps us improve. We have also made modifications to our egg preparation and our guests are letting us know they approve! It was a pleasure serving you and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Kansas City, KS, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel was very nice. Clean & the staff is friendly. My rate was over $300/night (during a convention so I guess that is standard rate in Denver?) which I felt was very high. I have stayed at other hotels (and hiltons) all over the country and never paid that much. There wasn't anything wrong with my stay, but the price blew me away, so I guess I would say the overall value wasn't great.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Karlshamn, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here during a conference and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the rooms and the bed. It was very clean and comfortable. The check-in process was smooth and easy.

I unfortunately ended up in a noisy room initially despite specifically asking for a quiet room and did tell them I was a light sleeper. If you are a light sleeper ensure you let them know this - the windows are double glazed but the noise penetrates. The staff were professional and more than helpful during the relocation process and the assistant GM was most polite and pleasant. I was compensated for the noise issues and was satisfied with the way everything was handled.

Apart from the noise this was a lovely hotel. The gym was great and the location fantastic for the convention center or downtown.

Even with the noise issues I would stay here again, although I'd ask for the 'back-side' rooms on the 12th floor.

Dinner and breakfast were fine. It would be a great place to stay with the family due to the good food and cooking facilities. I've never stayed at a Homewood Suite before but would be looking for it for longer stays or travelling with family.

All-in-all a good stay.

Room Tip: Aim for a room high up on the back-side of the building - not facing the adjoining hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
It was a pleasure serving you as our guest during your recent convention. We have created a profile in our system to ensure we find the quiet room you deserve on your next visit. I apologize that you needed to move rooms to find a quiet location. We updated our location maps for our staff to assist them in best identifying the room to meet the needs of our guests. I am thrilled that you would return to our hotel and we look forward to seeing you again.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have been to other Homewood Suites, and this one is far better than any others. I got an upgrade to a king suite (room1005) with spacious floor plan and a modern bathroom. It smells like newly renovated too (perhaps a little bit strong to me, but doesn't bother others in my family). There is a free city shuttle on st 16th that can bring you to the State Capitol and the Civic Park, but these places are all within walking distance. Lots of things to do on st 16th if you like shopping and food.

Room Tip: The rooms facing north have a view of the building's exhaust system (or some kind of fan systems...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Tom S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel was formerly the Xcel Energy office building and it was repurposed into a modern Hilton hotel with two brands (Hampton Inn & Suites/Homewood Suites) under one roof. We look forward to your return trip to Denver and we will save your favorite room!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've stayed at previous HS before mainly in suburban areas. What I've come to expect are spacious rooms, two-story properties and great amenities. This particular location exceeded my expectations. Come to think of it, this is the type of property one would see in places like New York or a much more urban area.

The decor is ultra-modern (think clean lines, minimalist) but it works. Rooms are quite spacious for such a central location. There is plenty of seating in the lobby area as well as the breakfast area.

Had a smooth check in process. Pulled the car up and valet whisked it away, front desk gave me keys in less than five minutes. Afterwards, you can even text your valet ticket to a number and your car will be down there in 10-15 minutes; no having to wait around.

Special thanks goes to Devlin, bartender at the 550 Bar. He made our stay very memorable.

I'm very impressed with this property and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Try to snag a higher level room for great views of Denver.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our newly opened hotel. Our designer was New York trained so it was great that you noticed the influence in our design. I can't tell you how exciting it is when our guests let us know they look forward to their next visit. Please ask for me on your next visit so I can personally thank you for your business.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Denver Downtown-Convention Center? Share your experiences!