“Great Quality Food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #918 of 2,555 Restaurants in Denver
Cross street: Hampden
Eagle, Colorado
“Great Quality Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We went to Benihana with 10 of us. As it's the big table with the grill, this was perfect. Even with 10 though it was a little cramped. I had to stack plates in order to make room and felt really packed in to the table. Normally I figure this would have been fine, there were just 10 of us. The fact the restaurant was loud with the heat of the grill made things a little difficult. But this was again, due to our large party.

Food was on the expensive side, however totally worth it. My partner had the Benihana special, and the lobster was perfect along with the steak. The quality of the food is comparable to that of a fine dining establishment.

I wouldn't recommend the house saki though, it was pretty regular to others I've had.

The food and experience totally makes it worth it! If there's someone you want to talk to while there though be sure to sit next to them due to the noise. Our waitress also had some trouble with the noise and I thought to order multiple beverages at once to ensure I got them, but she was actually on top of it and asked me if I'd like another right when the old drink was gone. Don't be fooled by the noise and people- the service is still up to par for sure.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food and atmopshere here is great! This was our second time at a hibachi restaurant and it was pretty great. The chefs are alot of fun and keep you laughing and having fun while they prepare your meal. We had the teriyaki steak and the hibachi steak and it was so so good. The meals also come with a salad, a soup, shrimp, fried rice and vegetables, and depending on your meal it may come with ice cream at the end. We were definitly full by the time we left. We also had drinks- which came out very fast. Would definitly come back here. Oh and make a reservation, we made one even though we didn't think it would be too busy on a Thursday night but it was! and we were able to pass the line and get seated right away.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lancashire
“Fun evening for a special occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We ate our here with another couple, its an expensive experience but certainly an enjoyable experience, treat yourself its worth it.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Naples, Florida
“Corn at a Japanese Hibachi restaurant? Really?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

From the short tempered server to the non-asian chef, this was a meal gone bad!!! Why corn was cooked on a hibachi grill in the first place and I left the chef know that I do not eat corn and it some how ended up on my plate of extra veggies that came from the sushi bar that I had to order due to lack on veggies cooked on the grill (one long slice of zucchini and one slice of onion!!!! really????) I will never understand. I was extremly disappointed with the entire meal from start to finish especially after hearing about this restaurants reputation!!!!

Visited January 2013
Englewood, Colorado
“Lunch is a fantastic deal. Kids love it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We (parents) are not very fond of the food here, although the food is tasty the place is a little cheesy for us. But our kids absolutely love the food. So, this Summer we ended up being there about once a week and here are our impressions. The chef shows are totally inconsistent. Sometimes we have a great chef that will entertain the table (making a spongebob out of fried eggs, a volcano with onions, etc) and sometimes we get a chef that can't be bothered or is slightly inexperienced. We don't care much about that, but if this trip is a treat for your family make sure to mention that you want a great chef.
Now the food for lunch is cheap (about $11 per person for a chicken hibachi with salad, fried rice, chicken, vegetables) - so it is not even worth ordering from the kids menu. Same meal at night is $20+. We never ordered Japanese rolls + sushi here, so our comments relates only to hibachi.
Again, for lunch is great!

• Visited August 2012