“Nostalgic Restaurant Takes You Back in Time!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers
Good for: Dining on a budget
Good for: Dining on a budget
Texas
“Nostalgic Restaurant Takes You Back in Time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Did you grow up in the 50's or the 60's with the little diners that had checkerboard tiled floors and a real soda fountain? Then, Johnny Rockets' the place for you! We visited this location twice during our recent stay in downtown Denver. First, we ate supper--footlong chilli cheese dogs and burgers and fries. Yum! The chocolate shake finished off our meal with a cherry on top. The next morning we returned for breakfast. Eggs cooked to order, hash browns, and thick sliced bacon filled us up. Located on the famous 16th Street Mall, this restaurant is perfect for any time of day.

Visited July 2012

Virginia
“Great shakes and burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Johnny Rockets in Denver was the best place on 16th Street for a superb shake and burger. It's an excellent choice for a quick lunch when craving a burger and an old timey shake!

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Great shakes and bottomless fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

We were on holiday in Denver in July from Belfast in Northern Ireland and ate in the Johnny Rockets on 16th St twice. We thought it was a fantastic 50's style dinner with great value and tastey burgers. They do a meal deal of burger/chilli dog/toasted sandwich and fries for $5.99 and you can ask for as many refills of fries as you can eat. The burgers are pretty tastey and for a few cents extra you can add toppings of your choice to personalise your tastey patty. We had a strawberry milkshake and a Fanta orange float which was absolutely delicious and to die for. A big shout out to our waiter Aleandro (sorry about the spelling). He was a really nice kid who worked hard and had a massive genuine smile and thank you when we tipped him $5 which was nothing much really. Keep it up, you'll go far with your work ethic and friendly attitude :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Walk away!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

My husband and kids went there on our last trip to Denver. We stay at the Sheraton on 16th street. We are all foodies, yes even my 7 and 11 year old!! We love good food, expensive or not. As long as its good we are there. We thought to go there since we all enjoy a good burger. We walked in- got seated and the waitress took our drink order and food. She brought out our waters and my sond sprite. The waitress was such a space case that she spilt the sprite ( as she was holding it) all over me and my $200 purse! It was beyond upsetting! I went to the bathroom to clean up what I could only to see the bathroom was soo dirty. We got our food because it was already late, I had two hungry kids, and I couldn't do anything about my cloths or purse. I sucked it up and before you knew it the waitress brought us a bill thinking I was gonna pay for her mess. I ended up talking to the manager and straggtened things out. The waitress Forgot to let the manager know!! The place is gross, the food is nothing special. Ignore the bright sign and go somewhere else!!

Australia
“A Quick Bite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

Nothing fancy here but we didn't expect that. The service staff were very friendly and speedy. It was a quick lunch. For one thing - it was certainly a cheaper Johnny Rockets than the one we went to in Roppongi Tokyo many years ago! Food quality could use a little work. Convenient location.

• Visited March 2012