“Awesome Food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 2,508 restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American, Diner, Greek, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert
Description: Sam’s No. 3™ was the third of five Coney Islands restaurants opened by Sam Armatas during the 1920′s. The original location was at 1527 Curtis Street in the heart of downtown Denver.On Sept. 28th, 1998, Sam’s son, Spero, with his grandsons Sam, Alex, and Patrick, re-established his most famous of the Coney Islands restaurants, Sam’s No. 3™. In honor of the age old tradition, they made a promise to each other to continue to provide excellent quality of food and embrace the inviting, warm atmosphere started by “Mr. Sam” more than 75 years ago!In April 2011, our little kitchen was featured on Food Networks "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives". We were selected because so many local fans had written. A must-stop on any trip to Denver.
New Orleans, LA
“Awesome Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This place was very good. They are sort of a mix between American, Mexican, and Greek. They were featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives and have an icon on the menu to let you know what Guy tried.

Visited February 2013

88% Recommend
“Huge menu”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

4 or 5 page menu . So many choices it could be cut down. Green chili fries were awesome. Meatloaf melt was a little to thick for my liking. Toaster oven was on the fritz smelled burnt bread most of my visit. Staff was accommodating and everyone's food was all around good . Above average diner and worth a visit if your in the area.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome Breakfast!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

As many have stated, I tried Sam's No. 3 because of the feature on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives plus the recommendation from my amazing concierge whom I explained that I wanted a great breakfast at a decent price unlike the breakfast I had the previous morning at the hotel. I LOVE IT! Firstly, I feel anytime there is a wait, there has to be something good happening in the kitchen, and I was not disappointed. Luckily, we happened upon some counter seating which is first come, first seat. This cancelled out our 45 minute wait which was great because we were starving. There was more food than could be eaten at one setting on my plate. I got the Greek Skillet and it was phenomenal. The Kickin' Pork Green Chili sauce had a little heat, but not too much to where it was unbearable and gave a great added dimension to the meal.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this spot as a go to for breakfast, which by the way is served all day! The staff was friendly and I wouldn't hesitate to return.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Lots of food, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

It was packed on a Saturday morning so we sat at the counter. Service was fast. My omelet order was a bit mixed up when it was given to somebody else. They quickly made another so I started on the mini cakes which were huge, super light and hot. I would definitely go back.

Denver, Colorado
“I am truly surprised by all these great reviews!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

First and foremost...it was dirty: The walls, the booths, the silverware. Not just dust. grime.
Chili came out cold and in a chipped (not just one chip) bowl. The chili was not great. Really folks, it wasn't great. The burgers were okay. One of our burgers was smothered...so that bread was ..well, smothered. The other burger's bread was toasted....and well....that bread was burnt (not just dark brown). Fries were ok. Coleslaw was not ok.
I didn't order drinks but did look at the drink menu and some sounded great. So maybe after a few I could look over the dirt and just enjoy myself too.
Then again,no, I wont be going back.

• Visited February 2013