“Terrible!” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Opal Restaurant & Lounge
100 E 9th Ave, Denver, CO 80203-2731 (Capitol Hill)
303-861-7999
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Denver, Colorado
“Terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I bought a gift certificate for 1/2 off here. My daughter from out of town and I went and when we opened the door I was actually freaked out! Nasty furniture, dirty, dingy. We did not stay, so cant say as to food. Nobody was there eating and it was prime time dinner hour!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great place to catch up”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We had a coupon and decided to start our girls night out here. 2 for 1 sushi till 730!! Yes please, order was perfect, sushi was good and the server had a great personality. We were able to catch up for almost 3 hours, they weren't busy and we didn't feel rushed. I would return they do have an awesome happy hour

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver
“The potential is there, but the place is not living up to it.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

My partner had a late afternoon meeting downtown. I did some searching for the local coupons and found one for Opal. It looked interesting. We decided to meet there. I got there a little early and settled in at the bar. They do a good bar business with the cheap Corona. As others note, the place is grubby. They specialize in sushi. Well, I would not order sushi there. Bartender was nice, drink was okay (did not have my brand of gin for the martini) . I used the disgusting bathroom only to wash my hands (I rode the zero bus in, Yuck!). We got a table and had a sandwich with fries. The food was okay. Price is okay, plus we had the coupon. Table service was good. The place is nothing special and overall not a place we would go back to.

This joint has a great location in an area that is still up and coming. They need to give all a good scrub and a coat of paint. Get rid of the sofa type seating at the tables. Bathrooms need a complete overhaul. It is really sad to see it so poorly managed.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lakewood, Colorado
“Food not bad, bathroom disgusting!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2009

Sushi was real small our entree was very good. But the womens room smells like an alley and was not very clean.

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Mississippi
“Wouldn't go back if you paid for it...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

This place was highly disappointing. I was hoping for some good food, maybe a steak and some sushi, and instead all I received was a nasty plate of food. The appetizer of "vegetable tempura" was worse than most cheap chinese take-out, and the filet was one of the worst steaks I've ever had. I didn't even bother sticking around to taste the sushi...I was much too afraid....Overall, do not go if you have any choice in the matter.

• 2 of 5 stars Food