“The food is exceptional and worth every penny.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,275 of 2,558 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
“The food is exceptional and worth every penny.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

So my girlfriend had been telling me about this place for quite some time so once we went to Denver I wanted to try it.

First off, the location of the restaurant and the restaurant itself are nothing special at all. From the outside you would question it's appearance and ask yourself if it's worth even going in because it would raise a few eyebrows. But, the food is amazing, especially the sesame tofu. The dishes are very cheap and you get a lot of food. I would recommend this place to anybody looking for some good Chinese food. I was definitely impressed with the food and would eat there anytime I am in Denver.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Boston, Massachusetts
“Chinese takeout”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We have had takeout from Peter's on two occasions. You can choose from a large menu and none of the dishes have been disappointing. Portions are ample and the prices are reasonable. Peter's delivers and quickly.

Visited January 2013
Denver, Colorado
“On our top 5 takeout list”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We are "regulars" with this place, having lived 2 years in Cheeseman Park area and now a year in Congress Park. We order a couple of times a month from Peter's so I can vouch for how consistently good it is! Last night it was spectacular. Yes, I used the word spectacular. I had the best drunken noodles with chicken I have ever had; even better than my standby Thai Basil on Alameda. My partner had the Cashew Chicken and insisted I try a bite. We were quite blown away this time. As you might expect there are some slightly better nights than others in the course of our 3 years' experience here, but it is CONSISTENTLY very good. They will adjust the "heat" for you and do everything possible to please your palate. I have never had dinner in the restaurant itself; it is not really set up for it very well. This is the only reason I rate it 4 stars instead of 5.

• Visited November 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Denver, CO
“Consistently Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

From the Lo Mein to the scallops, we've enjoyed a lot of different things on the menu. The lack of MSG could be part of its success. The delivery is always fast and arrives hot. Peter has done a great job maintaining a consistent quality. There isn't much of a restaurant atmosphere though and no bar area, so it is more of a delivery/carry out place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Marcos
“It's alright...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

Went here because it had an alright rating...and wanted Chinese, and were from Texas... Well, don't really recommend it. General Tso's was pretty good, 10 dollars, and friend got sesame chicken, same price. We had to get it to go because they were closing. Was in the middle of some neighborhood, NOT downtown. They gyped us on a rice, gave us only one order instead of two...and sesame chicken was really dry, general tso's was somewhat good. So...you make the choice. Not really...the best. There's a whole lot better chinese food out there, sorry.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere