“Great location and good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ted's Montana Grill

Ted's Montana Grill
1401 Larimer St, Denver, CO 80202-1704 (Downtown)
+1 303-893-0654
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great location and good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I had the Filet mignon and it was delicious. The service overall was great, our waiter offered his sunglasses since we were sitting outside and the umbrellas didn't tilt to block the sun. It was very kind of him. There were four of us splitting the bill and it was very reasonable considering we had drinks as well. The meat was all cooked very well and the sides were tasty too. A good choice for some American cuisine.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dallas, Texas
“Aussie discovers Ted's and is deligted!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

OMG, I went to Ted's on Larimar (Denver) for the first time recently and loved it. Decor was gorgeous, service fast and friendly and the manager a delight. My prime rib was AMAZING, one of the best pieces of meat I've ever eaten. Loved it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California, USA
“Bummer”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

On a 2011 road trip, I traveled through Atlanta with a friend. We stopped at Ted's Montana Grill and had a fabulous experience. It was my first time enjoying buffalo steak (I had previously sampled bison burgers), and wow was I impressed! I loved everything about that experience and ever since then have wanted to return but there are no locations on the West Coast where I live. I was delighted to find Ted's Montana Grill in Denver when I visited for the long Memorial Day weekend. I talked the restaurant up to my traveling companion and we went to there for Saturday dinner. The service was friendly and prompt, the menu a little less interesting than I remember it, and the entrees a BIG disappointment :-( I got a signature roast chicken dish and was peeved right from the get go when my steak knife had a difficult time cutting through the extraordinarily tough skin. The meat of the chicken was ok but still very dry. The sweet potato (actually a yam) and string beans on my plate were both overcooked as well. With my encouragement my companion ordered a bison filet medium. It came out cooked unevenly - medium on the outer 2/3 but straight rare in the center of the filet - and honestly didn't have the freshest taste. He ordered 'tomatoes' as his side and what came out were 2 leaves of lettuce and 3 slices of raw tomato - diner style and complete underwhelming. His mashed potatoes were ok. Overall the meal was a complete bummer and Ted's Montana Grill is off my list of restaurants that warrant a visit.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Surrey
“Tasty, well priced food and beer in a great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

RECOMMENDED: Located on the western edge of Lower Downtown Denver (LoDo) Ted's menu offers a wide array of burgers (what they are famous for), entrees and quality beers. Booths are a bit cramped and tables get jammed when busy. Noisy atmosphere. Beer and burger was under $16. Service was fast, accurate and friendly. Real close to Pepsi Center. A bit of a hike to Coors Field. Close to transit and 16th avenue mall.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Casper, Wyoming
“Bison Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We walked following a Rockies game to catch a late dinner just off the 16th street mall. It is not busy after 9pm on a Saturday but not so slow that you'd be afraid to eat there. I had bison short ribs and my husband had a bison rib-eye. Perfect cuts, perfectly cooked, and tasty sides of mashed potatoes and parmesan broccoli. We didn't care for the little biscuit/rolls, they were bland and a little dense. We also had the crab cake appetizer, which tastes fresh for being in the mid-west (I was born in Seattle so am quite the seafood critic), and uses little filler to hold the crab cake together. We were worried our jeans-fare was underdressed but noticed the wait-staff were all wearing jeans as well so instantly felt more comfortable. This restaurant has better bison than a local favorite joint here in Wyoming, and that's saying a lot!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere