“understated good” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cucina Colore
3041 E 3rd Ave, Denver, CO 80206-5102 (Cherry Creek)
303-393-6917
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cucina Colore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #284 of 2,508 restaurants in Denver
Cross street: St. Paul
Denver, Colorado
“understated good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

we went to this north cherry creek eatery for dinner this past weekend. it was hopping with beautiful people, young and old and then there was us. not in jeans and tees like a couple guys we saw, but also not young nor hip. it made no difference, the wait staff treated us as though we were the most important people in the room. attentive, nice and friendly and serving some of the best italian food in denver. the caesar salad had a wonderfult tang, the chicken was cooked in an unbelievably tasty sauce and the lasagna was out of this world. one of our party had the cippino and could not finish it, it was that rich and that much. top all this off with a chocolate mousse for 4 and you'd be hard pressed to find a better meal. as luck would have it, i was there for lunch two days later. the caesar salad was still fabulous and they have a chicken sandwich with roasted peppers, spinach and goat cheese that will knock your sox off. our waiter deserves an award for patience, humor and great service.
the only problem is noise

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Fresh Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

What a great find! Love to area in which Cucina Colore is located. We came with a group of 9 and were seated at a large table in the back. Our server was more than patient with our group, as we had a few diners that had specific requests. All I can say is Wow! Do not pass this place up. The day of our visit they has Sea Bass as a special of the day. We got the last 2 fish they had, and it was so incredibly fresh, moist and tasty. The entrees are of decent size as are the apps. Dessert is a must.....Peach Bread Pudding. Very little peach, and the lightest bread pudding you ever had.

Can not wait for my next visit to the area. I know there are lots of dining choices, however Cucina Colore is high on my list.

• Visited January 2013
Cortez, Colorado
“Very impressed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I needed a place in Cherry Creek to have a quick informal business lunch and Cucina Colore was recommended. I am very glad it was. We had the salad special with grouper and it looked a little overdone when it was served but everything worked together. It was one of the best salads I have ever had. Our server was very knowledgeable and just a really nice guy. I will be back for dinner the next time I am in town.

• Visited November 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

This place has the best food I had while in denver. The bread pudding is to die for! The service is good and the food is worth every penny. Its a nice upscale restaraunt minus the usual snobbery. It had a very nice atmosphere and is very aestetically beautiful. I had an issue with the temp of my steak but the server was very helpful in getting it resolved. I waited a while until I received my new food. When I received my new steak it was burned and seared on the outside and at the bottom, but it was soooo good that I didn't mind it. The ny strip is delicious here & the presentation did not disappoint. I reccomend this place to any foodie or anybody who enjoys delicious food in a beautiful setting.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Best Food In Denver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The service, drinks, food, and bread were amazing! I would come here again if ever in Denver. We never had an issue and its all just amazing.

Visited October 2012