“Nice, but hard to choose.” 4 of 5 stars

303-329-3366
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Banzai Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #407 of 2,555 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Doing business
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: S. Monaco Pkwy
Blackfoot, Idaho
“Nice, but hard to choose.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The are known for having a lot of different sushi rolls which sounds great but it made picking the rolls really hard. My wife and I picked the wrong rolls but our friends let us try theirs and they were fantastic. They need a section of the menu for recomendations. Very nice place and the staff were fantastic. Would go back.

Visited July 2013

Denver, Colorado
“Best sushi experience ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My youngest son and I love sushi. Found them via either Restaurant.com or Groupon. Would never have gone otherwise and that would have been a mistake on my part.

The best sushi experience ever. Everything was incredibly fresh and delicious. The service was fantastic. Our server went out of his way to make suggestions and all were amazing.

I have driven past this restaurant many times and never paid attention. They have my attention now and we will definitely visit again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Amazing sushi, awesome sushi! Don't judge a book by its cover!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I say that only because it's located in a pretty generic strip mall on Leetsdale next to a bowling alley. Do NOT let this stop you from going in!! The only thing that will probably stop you is the place will very likely be packed. It's that good. I have never made a reservation here before, but last Friday night I ate at the bar because no tables were available, so I will make one from now on. The place is small but cozy but I WISH I knew the name of the head waitress -- she is awesome. I don't know how she basically runs the whole place herself. Seriously, I want to go when it's not busy just to hang out and talk to her, but the place is so good I suspect that they are always busy. Don't pass up the spicy tuna nachos (yes nachos, but they are beautifully presented on a plate of four). You really can't go wrong and it's priced just right.

Visited January 2014
denver, co
“Quality not as good anymore”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We used to live closer and went several times to Banzai. Sushi places in Denver, in general, are not very good. This was my fave place to go for sushi when we lived closer. We had not been in over a year, but went since my sister gave me a gift certificate. We arrived on a Fri night (they were never really busy) around 6pm. There were 5-6 open tables but we were asked for a reservation, which they never had before. So we said no, and were advised no tables available due to reservations and the wait would be about an hour (never in Denver) but we could sit at the sushi bar if we wanted. They were not busy yet, so we decided to wait 30 mins and see if anything changed. It hadn't, so we sat at the sushi bar. Meanwhile, I kept an eye on the 3 tables still empty. We ordered appetizer, sushi and chicken katsu. Our server, Paul, was fabulous. Pleasant, attentive, friendly and just all around great. I kept looking at the clock. At about 7p, there was still a table for 2 empty, one hour after we'd arrived. We were finishing our meal and ready to pay our bill. Now at about 7:15p that last table for 2, that sat empty for over an hour, finally had two people seated. WOW. I cannot believe ANY restaurant allowed ANY table on a busy night to sit empty that long. The sushi I'd ordered was not as good or as fresh as I'd remembered. The eel on my rolls were a bit hard. Overall the food was good, but not worth me coming back. The sushi restaurant nearer to us, has fresher sushi and better service, EVERY time we go there and in fact, the BEST SUSHI delivery EVERY time... I'm still amazed how fresh and even warm rice in the rolls arrives at my house every time. It's not worth the drive to Banzai anymore. We moved about 4 yrs ago from that area, and the quality has gone down. If you love sushi rolls, not sashimi, this is not the place to go. Banzai does have great Chicken Katsu and other Japanese dishes... but for the sushi, not my preference.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Best sushi in Denver!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Although this has been one of or favorite neighborhood places for a while, I have just recently realized after eating sushi many other places, that it is the best. Nice people, great ambiance, always lively, and authentic. As in skilled Japanese sushi chefs behind the bar. I have never had a bad meal as they are so consistent. Their prices are still reasonable and quality great even in this day and age of increased food costs and deceased quality. Don't miss the hand rolls. I can't eat them anywhere else after having theirs,

Visited October 2013