“great steak, great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Denver Chophouse and Brewery

The Denver Chophouse and Brewery
1735 19th Street, Denver, CO 80202-6001 (Downtown)
(303) 296-0800
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Denver Chophouse and Brewery is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #150 of 2,558 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wynkoop
Transit: Near Coors Field, Market Street Station, Blocks from Union Station light rail
Miami, Florida
“great steak, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

we almost did not go because they told us at the hotel that their service had lowered in quality but we still went because of the brewery and we actually had an amazing dinner!!! my kids loved it and we really enjoyed it so go, have a great experience and enjoy the beer and the good food!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fayetteville, North Carolina
“One of the best steaks I've ever had...and I lived in Chicago”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

It's sadly a rare thing when you visit a steak restaurant and you order a medium-rare steak and it comes out...medium rare. But here, they got it exactly right. I don't know what they did to it, but it's making my mouth water thinking of it right now. There's nothing about this restaurant that I don't like. The servers are fantastic, the decor is superb, and you definitely get what you pay for. Homemade beers line the menu, but I recommend also trying the homemade root beer. It's not too sweet, like most are. A little tip - don't eat for the whole day before you eat there. I left more stuffed than I've been in years. Definitely definitely go here.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Olathe, Kansas
“GREAT food and FANTASTIC Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Request the Portabella Mushrooms.....YUM. Although my husband is not a big steak fan, he ordered the steak and wedge while I had the sirloin. It was cooked to perfection. He said it was the best steak he has ever eaten. The mashed potatoes are very yummy.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Denver CO USA
“I don't eat here enough!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't order steak out very often. But whenever I go to the Denver Chophouse I love to get their prime rib. A 16 oz cut of medium rare meat that you can cut with a butter knife because its so tender. This is some of the best prime rib in Denver.

Visited December 2012
Arabi, Louisiana
“Mouth Watering Filet, Excellent Food / Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We went with a group of 16 guys in town for the Denver Broncos / New Orleans Saints football game. We ordered pretty much all the appetizers available. My favorite was the sampler where you received seafood, chicken wings and much more. Appetizer was very good.

Most of us ordered the Filet and were very pleased with that selection. I would rank it a tad below my favorite steak restaurant, Ruth's Chris, but not by much. It compared favorably. The cheesecake topped it off nicely.

No doubt I would recommend eating at the Denver Chophouse when in town, you won't be sorry!

Visited October 2012