“My favorite in Denver” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Panzano

Panzano
909 17th St, Denver, CO 80202 (Downtown)
(303) 296-3525
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Panzano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,606 Restaurants in Denver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Doing business, Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Champa St.
Transit: We are located just 3 blocks from the RTD Light Rail lines D, H and F
San Diego, California
“My favorite in Denver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

GREAT restaurant - good, service, ambiance, etc. I eat here yearly for a tradeshow and entertain a large group. Highly recommended.

Denver, CO
“Delicious for dinner and brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Monaco and decided to have dinner at Panzano, the hotel downstairs. We had one of the best meals we ever had in Denver. Full attention to detail and great service. We were so delighted that it was cold for us to venture to the street! For appetizer, we had the mushroom crepes: superb. We had the rabbit gnocchi and the eggplant for main entrees and the tiramisu and the crostatta for dessert. I would pass on the Tiramisu, but everything else was really top notch.

Visited January 2013
Mount Airy, Maryland
“Great Italian restaurant. Highly recommend.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My brother and I decided to sit in one of the large booths in the bar area and werent disappointed Calamari was good, nice selection of bourbons (house bourbon, B&E, was real nice in a manhattan), main entrees were really good and our waiter was very attentive. Would recommend the Cesar salad, thought it was exceptional. The pumpkin gnocchi was the only thing I would steer clear from. A little noisy and a little crowded in the restaurant area but a great experience.

Dallas, Texas
“Over priced and underwhelming”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've eaten here on several occasions and have never been wowed. Though I think the quality is there on some level the attitude and what you get isn't worth it. Seriously the caesar salad had 1 average size crouton and 5 (if that) pieces of lettuce, NOT worth the price. The wine list is nice but again slightly overpriced. Calamari average at best.

Visited December 2012
Colorado
“Excellent meal and superb, sublime service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

If you're in the mood for a great Northern Italian gourmet experience, you have to visit Panzano. I brought my wife here for her birthday and based upon all of the excellent Trip Advisor reviews. We were not disappointed.

First, the service ... our server, Jose, was truly phenomenal. He was not only well informed on the food and how it was prepared (even to the source of the ingredients), but had mastered the extensive wine list. Even better were the wine/food matches he suggested. Fabulous.

Now, I must admit that my wife and I are "foodies" and "wine connoisseurs." We attempted to stump Ray with questions about the food, the wines, and pairings. Jose was all over it. And, he offered us a three-glass tasting (three, three-ounce pours, for $16) that was a steal of a value.

We shared a grilled baby artichoke appetizer that blew us away. Here-to-fore, our favorite grilled artichoke appetizer has been at the Bandera restaurants (Chicago on Michigan Avenue and Old Santa Fe). This one matched those.

My wife had a creative and wonderful spinach salad and I enjoyed the grilled Caesar salad. Both were very tasty. We had the night's pasta special (walnut and cheese ravioli) and dinner special (pan seared Airline chicken breast). As bland as they may sound, the tastes of each exploded. Delicious. (a minor quibble ... the mashed potatoes were a bit heavy with the white pepper).

Then, for my wife's birthday cake, out came a luscious tiramisu with a little candle. Terrific.

Momma Mia! What a wonderful evening we had. We took over three hours to dine (our request) and the wait staff allowed us the pleasure of spending a marvelous evening together.

Our only quibble, it was a bit noisy where we were seated (near the kitchen and a large party). However, I'm sure they can seat you at a quieter seat should you ask.

We're SO looking forward to our next visit.