“Our favorite italian restaurant in Denver, CO” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bruno's Italian Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 2,555 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: E Evans Ave.
Transit: Villa Monaco Shoping Center
Description: We believe Bruno's Italian Bistro, could be just the thing you're looking for, offers a enjoyable meal from our pizzas to our caesar salad, pasta dishes, choice of chicken, seafood or steak. Please relax with your choice of a bottle of selected wine, chilled beer or a cocktail.
Golden, Colorado, United States
“Our favorite italian restaurant in Denver, CO”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

What a find. While waiting for my son to complete his Monday rehearsal with the Colorado Children's Chorale Tour Choir at the Latter Day Saints church at Yale and Monaco, I brought my laptop to the Starbucks a couple of blocks away at Evans and Monaco. While attempting to complete some work, I noticed that the sign for the plaza that shared the parking lot with Starbucks was advertising an italian restaurant called Bruno's. My husband and I have a history with small, neighborhood italian restaurants that started when we were in college in Troy, NY. We have struggled to find our favorites in Colorado. So, I was drawn to bring my husband to Bruno's. We could drop off our son for his Transitions Choir rehearsal at 6:30 on Monday, have dinner, then pick him up from rehearsal at 8:30. Our sons have now graduated from the Chorale, and we still find ways to come to Bruno's.

My husband and I work in Aurora, and live in Golden. Interestingly, it is pretty easy to get to Bruno's from work, but a bit harder/longer to get home. That's OK. We love their food. We love the servers. As they have come to recognize us when we enter the restaurant, the friendliness is even more obvious. This restaurant is cognizant about presenting wonderful food with friendly service, and they have succeeded in providing this.

We were there tonight for dinner, and it was just as wonderful as it could be. The Italian Margarita is very good. They offered a special of Chilean Sea Bass Piccata, which was absolutely divine. Truly, a wonderful fish dish. Of course, their main menu has many well-done entrees, as well. Please don't miss the Mozzarella appetizer.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Chicago, Illinois
“Fantastic Italian Eats.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great little spot near Denver University. Don't let the strip mall location turn you off because once you enter you will be transported to Italy. The service was outstanding and the baked ziti was to die for!! Don't forget to save room for the beyond amazing limoncello cake.

• Visited March 2013
Castle Pines, Colorado
“Excellent Italian Neighborhood Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We went with 2 other couples. 2 couples ordered off the 5280 menu and the other off the menu. The best were the Roman Fried Artichokes! Everyone enjoyed their food, and, there was plenty left for take home for dinner the next night. I don't think you can go wrong here. Service and price were both great. Don't miss this one if you love Italian food.

• Visited February 2013
Bailey, Colorado
“ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

You cannot go wrong with Bruno's. From the appetizers to the desserts, you will not be disappointed. We have been here twice and were dazzled by everything we had. our first trip was for a private rehearsal dinner and the food just didn't stop!! The veal saltimbuca is splendid and i can't say enough about the carbonara--killer! The wait staff is top notch, the decor tasteful and the food unbelievable!! This place is a must. Thanks Bruno's--can't wait to come back again and feast.

• Visited January 2012
Denver, Colorado
“A Neighborhood GEM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

In the midst of an aging strip mall is a rare neighborhood gem. The food is outstanding, and the service is excellent. I have been going there many years, and the food rivals what I have had in very nice restaurants in Italy. My young grandson loves going there, where is treated well and enjoys the food. My favorites are the Linguini Carbonara and the Clams in Angel Hair pasta. I have not had a bad meal in the many yeaqrs I have been going there. Don't let the white tablecloths scare you, it is a delightful casual dining experience.

• Visited December 2012