“Valet Parking Terrible and not worth staying” 2 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 148 hotels in Denver
Phoenix, Arizona
“Valet Parking Terrible and not worth staying”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is my second time at this property, The first time was in December 2012 and liked the property and decided to return one night. Arrived at hotel and the guy at the parking was rude and was not helpful at all and just started the impression of the hotel as low scale. I am a Marriott Platinum Premier and Platinum for Life and to be honest decided to not stay. The gentlemen at the front desk was very nice and was trying to explain to me that they valet was third party company and I said that is no excuse and since that is the only parking available then it make the property very undesirable to stay at in my book. First impressions is something that can ruin a stay. I gentlemen cancelled my reservation with no problem and I left stayed at another Marriott property that night. I will not recommend this property and unfortunately never book a room at this property again unless they make changes to the parking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

A friend and I recently spent two nights at SpringHill Suites in downtown Denver, CO. The hotel is beautiful with artpieces, paintings, and unique furniture throughout and a striking multi-story mobile in the lobby. The suite we shared was a very comfortable corner room, spacious and light. The breakfast buffet exceeded our expectations. The staff was always willing to give us recommendations for sightseeing, including information about the free bus transportation available on the 16th Street Mall, which was within walking distance from the hotel. We chose this hotel for its proximity to the Pepsi Center since we were there for a concert by tenor Andrea Bocelli. It was just a 5 minute walk and thus we were able to arrive on time and avoid all the traffic. We were permitted an early check-in since our train arrived in the morning, and following check-out at the end of our stay, the staff secured our luggage so we could continue sightseeing in the area a bit longer. When it came time to board our train we were given a complimentary ride to the Amtrak Station in the hotel shuttle. I can't say enough good about this hotel and its friendly, helpful staff!

Room Tip: Our corner room was light and the views were wonderful. Choose an early breakfast! The food is good...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Jack M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review and for all the awesome pictures you took while on our property!! All of our art you see in the hotel is inspired by Metro State University, either current students or alumni, it definitely adds some unique character. See you soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This location is PERFECT! My boyfriend and I were in town for a long weekend and wanted to be close to many things. It is easy walking distance to everything! There are a ton of great restaurants and bars in the area.

My only complaint is that they consistently run out of food and don't replenish with all of the same things. One day they ran out of skim milk, the next bananas. However, the food is really good.

Excellent workout room, better than some membership gyms I've been in!

Don't try to park your own car, even if there isn't a valet there, you will get in trouble.

Overall, I highly recommend it and will stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Jack M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thanks for the awesome review! I will follow up with our breakfast staff regarding the inconsistencies you mentioned. We look forward to having you stay with us next time you’re in the Mile High City!
Moline, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very comfortable hotel with a wonderful location convenient to the performing arts center and Larimer square. Just a short cab ride to Cherry Creek, also. Breakfast buffet was very adequate and staff very friendly and courteous. Adrienne and Iliana were just great. Very helpful.
(They were out of orange juice for two days but made if available at no charge from the front desk. )The wine in the lobby in the evening is a nice touch. I loved the gym, too.
(not complimentary, of course) Adjacent Burger restaurant does serve veggie burgers.
No G/F buns yet but lettuce wraps were easily obtained. I wish I had tried the restaurant before my last day!

Room Tip: Check construction in the area when you check in so you know which side to ask for,
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for all the great feedback. It looks like you enjoyed everything our hotel had to offer which makes us very happy! I’ll let Adrienne and Iliana know you mentioned them specifically. Thanks again!
Monroe, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We were looking for a hotel in downtown Denver for the first part of a family trip. Found the hotel via Expedia. Great location. Easy to walk to lots of fun stuff. Front desk folks - Heather, Kara and Austin were very helpful. Even the valets - Josh and Michael were attentive and helped make our stay fantastic! We already booked another night, for the last leg of our trip. Highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jack M, Front Office Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for the 5-stars! I will tell the staff members you mentioned in your review to keep making our guest’s stays great! See you next time!
Manitou Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Went to the Fleetwood Mac concert on 1 Jun 2013, and stayed at this hotel. It's new, and the rooms are great. More of a boutique feel to it. It's proximity to the Pepsi Center where the concert was being held was a prime reason for staying, could walk to the concert. The hotel staff were wonderful and very helpful. The hot breakfast was very good. I would recommend this hotel for anyone wanting to be close to the Pepsi Center, and downtown Denver. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
When there is a concert at the Pepsi Center this is the definitely the place to stay, I’m glad you chose to stay with us! We look forward to having you back!
Casper, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel has a great location to the Pepsi Center and downtown Denver. The hotel is very modern and clean. Upon entering the hotel, we were greeted by the staff. It was very welcoming. The staff was very helpful to our needs and questions. Our rooms were clean and comfortable. My wife who is very picky about hotel rooms felt at home in this one. The bathrooms are clean and well stocked.
They offer free morning breakfast. We went down at 9:00 am and found a lot of the breakfast items out of stock. I asked the staff to see if they had more and they filled them quickly. The only thing I didn't like was that breakfast ended at 9:30. This is a bit early for some travelers. I couldn't find a clean table and a hotel manager noticed and quickly grabbed a towel and cleaned us a table. This was great to see the management helping out their staff. AWESOME!
There were only a couple of downfalls. There is no pool or hot tub for kids. This is not a kid friendly hotel. The other is that the parking rate is $25.00 per day. This increases your hotel cost quite a bit. On the other hand, you will pay this for parking near the Pepsi Center anyway.
Overall, this hotel is a great place to stay for anyone attending an event at the Pepsi Center. Easy walk to the Pepsi Center and downtown Denver. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the informative review! We look forward to taking care of you next time you’re in Denver.

Been to SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown? Share your experiences!