“We enjoyed our stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 148 hotels in Denver
Chicago, Illinois
“We enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed at the hotel on Nov 3 for one night.
Front desk receptionist (Heather?) was very warm, professional, and efficient. The lobby was contemporary looking, so was the room. My wife commented that the sofabed was the firmest among all hotel sofabed. Too bad we did not have a chance to use as the two queen size beds were all we needed. There was a sliding window on top of desk that created the feeling of separation between living space and rest area. Bathroom was new and modern looking. Tropicana OJ was offered at breakfast, among with scrambled eggs, sausage, fruits, et al.
The only downside was lack of free parking. We got around that by parking at the huge event parking space across the street. It was free that night, but would be $5.50 daily when there is an event.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jack M, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We will be sure to pass along the kind words to Heather. She is great isn't she?! Hopefully you will remember us next time your travel needs bring you to Downtown Denver!

222 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located very conveniently (walking distance) to the LoDo district of Denver which is perfect for sporting events, shopping, nights out etc. Front desk staff are incredibly helpful and tried to accommodate our needs including finding us glasses for some refreshments we had which was above and beyond service.

Free breakfast is great with quite a generous selection. Rooms were spacious, clean and well designed as is the property itself. They also offer free wi-fi throughout the hotel which is a nice gesture.

Only things to be aware of is valet parking is the only option at $25 a night however, for being so close to the city this is not bad at all.

Would definitely return to this property!

• Stayed November 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write such a good review about our hotel! It's great to hear that our staff is doing such a good job, and we are all happy you enjoyed your stay! I wish we did not have to charge for parking, but on the bright side our parking is less expensive than most hotels downtown, right?! Hope to see you again.
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Spring Hill Suites is amazing! The employees were so nice, helpful, friendly, and welcoming. I stayed here in Oct. 2012. The property is only a few months old. It's trendy, fun, clean, and nice. Breakfast and Wifi are included at no charge. They have shower gel and shampoo in the showers, but also provide a different brand in small bottles if you prefer those.

The rooms are really nice. A desk has a frosted sliding window to close it off from the sleeping area, so as to not disturb a sleeper with typing. The room is spacious also.

I really liked this place. Ileana is the breakfast lady and greets everyone who comes to eat every morning. Heather is the morning supervisor at the desk and can help you with anything you need (like taxis, etc.).

This is a 15 min. walk to the Convention Center. It's in a safe area, and I felt fine walking by myself at night. It's 10-15 min. from the 16th St. Mall. You don't need a car if you are ok walking, as there are shops and food nearby. There are also rentable bikes not too far away.

Overall, this hotel is fantastic and a great reminder why I love Marriott! I'd recommend this to anyone. I had a great experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Loved this place.....the convenience, the rooms, the breakfast, the ambiance, the artwork and most of all, a wonderful, friendly staff. Got this room at a wonderful price through 'priceline' just a few days before we left. It was a steal. Loved walking to '16th Street Mall' and 'LoDo'. Could have wondered the whole place for hours just looking out the large lobby windows into downtown Denver and checking out the great artwork throughout the hotel. Not a large, but a very sufficient breakfast spread. Breakfast staff were very prompt and very friendly in making sure our plates were cleared and we had everything we needed at breakfast. Front desk staff were friendly and courteous as well. Rooms were spacious, clean and modern. Loved staying here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We arrived in Downtown Denver on the Amtrak California Zephyr. We took a cab from Atrak to property and it was about $5. The property is new and really modern. We had a third floor room and never heard a peep from any other guests. The room is spacious and modern. A living room area with a couch and end tables. Then a work area with a desk, great lighting and a glass wall separating the sleeping area from the living area. A wall of storage housed a microwave and a small refrigerator and the counter top was spacious. A large picture window had a nice oversized seat with plenty of room for a suitcase. The bathroom was very modern and had open shelving space under the sink. It had a great shower with a dispensing system with shampoo, conditioner and liquid body soap. The water pressure was good and the water got nice and hot. The beds are so comfortable. This is a division of Marriott and they really do their beds right. Lots of pillows, really nice comforter and a mattress I would love to have in my home. The free breakfast is exceptional, with several juices, coffees, eggs, sausage, yogurts, fruits, breads, you name it, they had it. There is also a Red Robin Gourmet Hamburger restaurant in the same buidling that is handy enough that you can get it to go and take it up to your room. As far as local attractions, it is within easy walking distance of the 16th street pedestrian mall. Several blocks have been closed off to cars and the free streetcars run up and down constantly taking you to shopping and restaurants. The Springhill staff were all very helpful. We asked the night before our departure about getting a taxi to the airport and they said a taxi was not as dependable as a town car service and that cab fares varied while the town car is a fixed price. After a cozy nights sleep, we had a great breakfast, and then checked out and let the front desk clerk know we would be in the lobby when the car service came. The staff called the service and let them know we were ready and they came in and got us and whisked us off to the airport. We felt very well taken care of at this property and hope to be able to come back again some day. By the way, the art there is beautiful and the architecture is really cool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cape Town - South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a NEW property in Downtown Denver, close to the Convention Center and Historic Downtown Area, 5 minute walk to Larimer Street and CU. The property is fantastic, the rooms are really spacious and the staff fantastic.

I was in Denver on business so wanted a property close to my meetings. Its not a great tourist hotel as its really quiet on weekends, but to business or the convention center, you cant beat it.

Buffet breakfast was great, the staff so friendly and helpful.I have no problem with recommending. However if you are a tourist, then maybe another property would suite you better.

Room Tip: Not a tourist Hotel, so if its about Downtown Business.... GREAT
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and I have to say that I was shocked by the rude service I received from the staff all weekend. I will provide two examples. The first occurred when we could not get the room temperature below 74 degrees. We were told that the maintenance people were not around and there was nothing that could be done. No one came to our room to even look if there was something we were doing wrong with the thermostat.

The second and most insulting was the very rude service I received from one of the front desk clerks when I checked out. I am not sure what the gentleman’s problem was but he grabbed my keys said “what room” then said “your done.” I asked if he can help us arrange a cab back to the airport and he said “that’s not my job.” I travel for business at least once a month and have never had a front desk clerk say such a thing to me when asked to help arrange a taxi. Additionally, when I called the taxi service (had to get the number from a taxi driving by when I was outside) they did not have the hotel in their database because it was new. Fortunately, the vale were able to help and although I had to call they found the address.

I understand this is a new hotel but for the price I feel the service was extremely poor. Probably not so surprisingly after I returned home I contacted the hotel to let them know about my experience. No one ever got back to me. Given the range of nice hotels in downtown Denver I would consider somewhere else if the price is similar.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to SpringHill Suites Denver Downtown? Share your experiences!