“What- no lounge?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Houston
“What- no lounge?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have been coming to Denver for many years to visit our children who live in the Cherry Creek shares. We were surprised and disappointed to understand the lounge is gone. We always loved running into the lounge in the morning to grab a bite to eat, talk to others in the lounge then run off for a day with our children. In the evening we would visit the lounge for a cookie and coffee and enjoy the view in s quiet atmosphere.
I'm not sure what the JW Marriott brand is trying to achieve but we may move to downtown Denver for service and amenities. Too bad- we are loyal but that only seems to go one way. Guess the bottom line....money is more important. Also- vouchers handed out are minimal and now the wait in the resturant for service.....well, you know.

Stayed March 2015
BJ V, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you again for your continued feedback. As I mentioned before, we definitely miss the lounge as much as you do. I appreciate the open mindedness of our loyal guests with the voucher or points offering we are doing in lieu of the lounge. We have found that the choice really seems to please most our guests needs. I definitely agree that the lounge was a nice place to meet new people and have an exclusive place to relax. This is exactly what we are trying to accomplish in our restaurant and bar; especially in the outdoor space with the fire pits. Clearly, this was not your experience I will work with my team to ensure that the experience itself is perfected. Thank you again!

JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Very business friendly, I travel 250+ days a year, my room was spotless, my bed after a long day was heaven to fall into, the lounge/eating was great an th bartenders poured a perfect drink. The small pool & Hot Tub along with th workout center were perfect for any type of workout.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I travel a lot for business and this is one of my favorite places to stay. Very nice hotel. The staff is great also. Had room service that delivered and it was great too. I go to the spa each visit as well. It is also top notch. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
denver, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I booked a reservation and had to cancel due to an illness! I have called several times to get a refund on my credit card, calls always goes to a voicemail. I finally was able to speak with Spencer in accounting and he was very rude, not helpful, would not let me speak to his manager. I am still waiting on my refund. I will never do business with JW Marriot Cherry again. I usually stay at the Hyatt Regency Denver and their level of customer service is top notch. I regret choosing the JW. I will stay loyal to the Hyatt and their brands!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
iBJVigil, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
I am very disappointed and confused that you have been working on this credit for just under a year. Please accept my apologies as I assure you this is not the standard we pride ourselves on. I have looked into the credit and can see it was made on the 6th of march. It can take 7-10 business days to be processed by the bank. Please feel free to reach out to me if i may assist you personally.

303-253-3030
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

So sad to see the JW lose it's soul. This was one of our favorite hotels in the states. We always enjoy the club lounge as part of the JW Marriott experience and this one was exceptional. Over the years we have met so many Marriott loyalty members in the club and it felt like coming home each visit. We learned upon checking in this past week that the club level is being replaced by additional rooms which was beyond disappointing. The hotel no longer has that special feeling. We noticed the condition of some furniture and doors were dented and basically we felt the property is not being properly maintained..at least not what one expects at a JW. The staff at the front desk was fielding complains regarding the club level being gone. My husband was getting ready for a conference call in the room at 6:30 am..went looking for coffee in the hotel, the service was out, no coffee, he was told to go to the restaurant for coffee. Overall, they certainly are not raising the bar for the JW brand. I hope the additional room revenue they are getting for the rooms replacing the club make up for the lost customer loyalty.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
BJ V, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
On behalf of the leadership team at the JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, thank you for taking the time to inquire for we truly value communication with our elite guests. Gold/Platinum Elite guests truly exemplify loyalty and trust for the hotel and the Marriott brand. It is that fact that inspires this team to exceed their expectations and truly deliver a one-of-a-kind experience. This has been a year of change for the JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek and we know that it has certainly impacted our guests, however change can be good and we will try our hardest to create great experiences in the future.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek in the near future. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Warm Regards,
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2015

Great robes, nice amenities, good service. Paid for a mountain view- but was looking at the top of Crate & Barrel. Do not pay attention to the promo photo and don't pay extra for the view that you don't get. If you happen to be in your room when the sun goes down the sunset was beautiful- but you could catch that anywhere.
No spa, our guests had to pay $17 plus tip for parking. These were college students and didn't have that kind of $. If you don't leave your room by 8am your room won't be cleaned until 8pm that evening.
If I had it to do over again the deal at the Four Seasons was better. Stay 3 nights, get 1 free so the price came out to be the same, plus The Four seasons has better amenities.
Nicely furnished, bad artwork on the walls. Bar was crowded every night. Restaurant just average.

Room Tip: Rooms were well insulated and nice and quiet. West facing rooms have sunset view but do not pay the...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2015

This hotel is 3 blocks from my house. Since I had my beautiful neices for Valentine's Day I thought I would do something special and spend three nights with them in the hotel.

We were on a very tight schedule, as we had breakfst, lucnch and dinner plans everyday. Tickets to an Avalanch Game and ofcourse, shopping.

What eneded up happening is on day two, no maid service, when I complained, they said the do not disturb sign was on the door, although I can't swear on my life, i'm very certain that it was not.

Day three, we had put our breakfast order on the door for delivery between 7:30 and 7:45, 8 am rolls around and no room service, we check the door, and the order is still hanging there. An hour later we got breakfast, which meant no shopping that morning at the Cherry Creek Mall.

From my room I would call and let them know exactly what time I needed my car, We always waited over ten minutes for the valet to bring the car up. Given that I had alwasy given atlest 15 minutees of notice, this was unexceptable. It only hurt their valets as usualy I tip five for the car, but now they got two.

When I brought all this up to management, they sent me up a bottle of wine with an very nice appology letter. This was hearfelt but I don't drink and my neices are under 21.

I had planned a wonderful weekend, packed with activities and fun. The lack of services here put a big damper on our weekend.

This morning when I checked out, they took the breakfast charges off my card but made me feel as if I was the bad guy for complaining. When you pay 300 a night for a room, you expect exceptional service. Not excuses or to be made feel bad that you bing things that went wrong to the attention of the staff.

You may not understand why I stay in hotels in my home town, but I enjoy it. I frequent the Teatro, Four Seasons, Ritz and Brown Palace. I enjoy being able to get out of my house and being treatd to the serives one should expect at these types of places.

I will never return to this hotel and would point my followers to look at the Teatro if you are going downtown to see a play, the Four Seasons, if you plan on a spa stay, the Riitz if you enjoy saying that name an if you want to indulge in history the Brown Palace is a must.

Remoiing a seventy dollar charge for breakfast doens't cut it. Not for the type of experience we had.

I would recomend that the General Manager check the procedures for Valet, retreiving the breakfast orders from the rooms, and how the front desk makes it's guest feel when they have a problem and bring it up.

Just because I'm wearing sweats, doesn't mean I'm not to be treated well, nor does it mean I don't have money to pick where I spend it.

Room Tip: I like rooms with a view , so if you choose to ignore my advice to go elsewhere, get a mountain view...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
BJ V, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, February 16, 2015
First off, Thank you very much for sharing your experience with me. It sounds as if you had a truly wonderful experience all planned out for your neices and I am very disappointed that your experience was not just as perfect. We spent a great amount of time trying to create these same experiences this weekend. I will absolutely follow up with every department in the hotel to ensure that these kind of service failures do not happen again. You can see by the responses surrounding yours that this is certainly not to the standards that my staff and I pride ourselves on delivering. I would love the opportunity to rectify this for you personally. Please feel free to contact me directly. 303-253-3030

robert.vigil@jwmarriottdenver.com

Been to JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!