“Great hotel in a good location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #3 of 147 hotels in Denver
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in a good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

As a Marriott rewards member my husband can be fussy when it comes to hotels, but this one didn't disappoint. The room had every comfort we come to expect from Marriotts and the view from the concierge lounge was fantastic when the weather was clear. We ate in the restaurant once and the food was good, but not great. I did nearly lose it when the girl at front of house said we'd have to wait another hour after she gave our table away whilst we were in the bar - she was the one who offered the option of staying in the bar another 10 minutes. Anyway, after seeing my reaction to this news she did manage to quickly find us another table! Cherry Creek was a great location, lots of shops, bars and restaurants to keep us busy when the weather was poor. Not that Denver seemed to be short of restaurants; I wonder if anyone cooks in there?!

Room Tip: Make a reservation for the restaurant if you're there Friday/Saturday night; was really busy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Amanda E.,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. Thank you as well for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member. I did want to apologize for your experience in the restaurant. Thank you for letting me know so we can address the issue with the staff. Please let me know the next time you are coming to the hotel and I will do my very best to ensure your stay is as perfect as possible. I hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,

454 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This JW Marriott was perfect for our long weekend in Denver to attend a wedding. The location is great on a quiet street in a busy area. Easy walking to shops, galleries and tons of restaurants. Close to a couple of great running areas along Cherry Creek without traffic. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean with a great view of Denver and the mountains. We would definitely stay here again if we return to Denver.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mamma-V2,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the Cherry Creek area so much. It is a great part of Denver! Please come back and see again very soon.

Southeadstern Mass
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband I stayed for one night on our return from Utah and Colorado state parks.The positive experience started at the check in and ended with a friendly pleasant man who retrieved our car from the valet service. We enjoyed the beverages and snacks in the evening and the room was very nice. My only suggestion is maybe more upscale bath products and a shower cap would be appreciated. Other than those amenities, enjoy this Marriott in Cherry Creek. This is why we are Marriott reward members.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Adventurer26,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am so happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for recognizing the staffs efforts as well. I wanted to let you know that showercaps are available upon request as well as many other amenities you might need. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Have a wonderful day!

EDMONTON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We checked into the Marriott on Sat, Oct. 12, watched the Broncos game on Sunday, then flew back home on Monday. The Marriott is our hotel of choice when we visit Denver for many reasons.

Pros +
-In a terrific area, by the Cherry Cricket (best place for burgers, the Cherry Creek Mall (Macy's, Nordstrom, etc), a long scenic walking path through the Cherry Creek (watch the cyclists, they go by crazy fast). 20 min cab ride to the stadium or airport.
-Upscale hotel environment and services.
-Free bottled water.
-Concierge Room access, which includes free daily breakfast, hors d'oeuvres, drinks, and desserts.
-Nice hotel room, appointed with king bed, bathtub, shower, wet bar, safe, bathrobes, and high quality products.

Cons -
-They add a daily fees alike resort fees, so be prepared for an extra $30 something dollars to be added on daily to your final bill.
-Windows in rooms don't open (prefer fresh air over air conditioning)
-Pillows didn't work for me, got a sore neck.
-No shower cap provided.

Room Tip: Rooms on levels 9-11 include Concierge Room access on the 11th floor, which includes daily breakfast...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Natalie N.,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for the most part. I did want to clarify that we do not charge a resort fee so I am not sure what you were charged for that was not explained. I would be happy to discuss this with you if you would please contact me. Also, the windows do open and we have shower caps available upon request. Please let me know when you are coming back in the future. We appreciate your business and value you as a customer. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely

Atlanta, Georgia, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The JW Marriott's staff is incredible. They make you feel at home and as if you are their only guest. Yes, the location is perfect--walking distance to shops, the mall and great dining options, but at the end of the day when you're tired and just want to relax--this hotel is it. The restaurant--Second Home--is wonderful, the outdoor seating is very calming and inviting. Again the staff are eager to appreciate you and your needs. The room (and bathroom) are very spacious and comfortable--down to the linens and throw pillows. There isn't anything I can say isn't exceptional--except they don't have Coke products--I'm a GA girl. BJ, one of the front desk supervisors, is wonderfully accommodating. We are headed back and can't wait.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear CALMC3,

Thank you for taking your time to post this review and for recognizing the staff's efforts. I will pass along your comments to them. It truly does matter and I am so happy to hear that you felt our efforts to make all of our guests feel welcome. Sorry about the Coke products though! Let me know the next time you are coming to the hotel and I will get some for you. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Have a great day!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great Location, Good Meeting Facilities, Overall very accommodating staff. Excellent tasting Banquet food and very well presented. Definitely recommended for mid-size groups. Well worth it for the price you pay. Nice relaxing bar.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Ludwig K.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I was happy to hear everything went great with your meeting. I will pass along your comments to the banquet staff. Please come back and see us again very soon. Have a wonderful day!

colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place has it all. wonderful dining, nightclub, beautiful rooms, and of course, the magnificent salon & spa. Don't leave w/o getting ur hair done and some type of service from the spa. the hotel is very close to downtown denver and is directly in the middle of cherry creek. Denver's elite shopping area. You name it, it's there. And for a great burger hit the cherry cricket--kiddy korner-on ddd's w/guy fieri=)

• Stayed November 2012
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Bowlbound,

Thank you for your very kind review and for taking the time. I have already passed along your comments to the spa as well and they were thrilled. Please come back and see us again very soon. Have a fantastic day!

Director of Operations

Been to JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!