“Good Choice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 147 Hotels in Denver
Damariscotta, Maine
“Good Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were there for a quick over night after our flight. The hotel was excellent, nice decor, and clean. We always like to stay on the top floor to see the landscape, and the sunset was beautiful. Well located for walking and finding nearby places to eat. One disappointment was the service at the buffet breakfast was lacking for anyone who wanted to order fruit and toast off the menu, and not the whole buffet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Nance40586,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do apologize for the issue with breakfast. Thank you for letting me know so I may address the issue. Please contact me the next time you are coming to the hotel. Have a wonderful day!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel, great service and very good facilities. Gym is 24x7 and all new equipment. Bat and restaurant is the highlight with awesome friendly staff. I ordered off the menu several times and no problem.

My only complaint is that my room had an adjoining door and spundproofing was an issue. Suggest you ask for a room without adjoining unless you really need it.

Overall a quality hotel in a fantastic location.

• Stayed July 2013
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Stocki986,

Thank you for taking the time to post this online review. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am gald to hear you were able to enjoy our awesome bar & restaurant. Please keep in mind in the future you can always request a non-adjoining room. Hopefully you can come back and see us again very soon.

Warm Regards,

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

This property continues to be my favorite throughout the Denver marketplace. A frequent traveler on business, I prefer places with highly walkable amenities, real energy, and a boutique feel. This JW Marriott has all of those, with a location in the heart of Cherry Creek and within a block or two of a dozens decent restaurants. Leave your car with the valet and enjoy the evening. The busy bar/restaurant Second Home also sits right off the lobby.

Perhaps the most amazing aspect of my stay was the parking valet, Mohammed, who remembered me by name on only the overnight third visit to the property in as many months. Incredible.

Room Tip: Some mountain views on higher floors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Boston02115,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We apprecaite your continued loyalty to the hotel. I also wanted to thank you for recognizing Mohammed for his great customer service. He is one of our best. I will pass along your comments to him. Please stop by the front desk next time you are in the hotel as I would love to meet you in person.

Munford, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel was beautiful! The room was huge, the food was great and the service was exceptional. It is a short distance from the Cherry Creek shopping district and we loved staying here. If we ever make it back to Denver this is where we will stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Jody D.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this online review. Happy Anniversary first and foremost. I am glad you chose to celebrate your special day with us. Maybe you can make it an annual event to stay with us? Please let me know when you are coming back to the hotel in the future.

Have a wonderful day!

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I took a night off from the kiddos for our anniversary, snagging a room in one of our favorite areas of Denver. Upon learning of our special occasion, the lobby staff were gracious enough to provide us with a mountain view room and then send up a very much appreciated amenity from the kitchen.

The room was great - our king bed was more than comfortable and the bathroom had a shower and separate tub as well as fixtures that were very well done. My wife loved the Aromatherapy toiletries provided by the hotel. The concierge lounge was sufficiently spacious and provided a nice mountain view itself as we enjoyed some refreshing adult beverages. We also took advantage of the self-service cappucino maker!

I would definitely recommend the Second Home Restaurant located in the lobby. We had eaten there before and were more than pleased with our return trip. The location of the hotel within walking distance of the Cherry Creek Mall as well as numerous shopping and dining options right outside the hotel make this a great location.

Thanks to everyone at the hotel for a quick, relaxing getaway!

Room Tip: Request a mountain view room if available and I would definitely recommend a room with one of their...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear MountainDawg,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Happy Anniversary too! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to enjoy Second Home. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Have a great day!

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

There are many luxury options in Denver...all downtown. Usually, we do stay downtown. However, this time we decided to stay in Cherry Creek. What a relaxing time. Much quieter than downtown but you have everything you want right out the front door. You can walk to restaurants, malls, shops, and Washington Park. Everything about the hotel was great: Room service, staff, big rooms, etc. Also, downtown is a short drive is you are going to a sporting event. I can't imagine we will be staying anywhere else but here in the future. The Cherry Creek neighborhood was ideal for simply walking and hanging out.

Room Tip: Got a room with mountain views. Nice big windows and a couch/sitting area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Nevels2000,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I too prefer the Cherry Creek area to staying at a downtown hotel. I am so happy to hear we have won you over and you will now be a loyakl guest. Please come see me the next time you are here. I would love to meet you in person.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the JW for an anniversary. We booked an online package that included valet parking and gift certificates to the spa and neighboring Cherry Creek North shopping area. Upon check in we opted for a room on the concierge level and went up to our room on the 11th floor. The view of the Rocky Mountains was amazing (especially since I've never seen mountains before). We used our gift certificate to the spa for a remarkable couples massage and we were totally relaxed after our 18+ hour drive to Denver. The spa is one of the best I've ever been to! The concierge service did not disappoint like it does at some other hotel chains. It included a hot breakfast, appetizers and drink and desserts nightly. The food was delicious! Two of the concierge hostesses, Lori and Beth, showed us service that went beyond our hopes. They made us dinner reservations, gave us directions to local attractions and made us feel special and welcome. After 2 days of Lori's wonderful hospitality she called Beth and told her all about us and what our needs were...that is so above and beyond the call of duty...thanks ladies!

The restaurant in the hotel is amazing, especially for Sunday pajama brunch. Try the broken yolk tacos, the chicken and waffles and the mimosa bar! Room service is 24 hours and the pizza and prime rib french dip sub were simply delicious. If you want to venture out into the neighborhood to eat, I'd recommend NoRTH Italian Farmhouse for fresh in house made pasta and Machete Tequila and Tacos, both are within walking distance.

Everyone at the hotel from the valet, to the front desk, to the restaurant bartenders and manager made our stay special. The JW Marriott at Cherry Creek will always be my hotel when I'm in the area.

My only suggestion is to get the fleecy blankets like they have at the JW Indianapolis.

Room Tip: Concierge upgrade is well worth it!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Melissa B.,

Thank you for this glowing review! I am so happy to hear you and your boyfriend loved the Hotel, Spa, Second Home, and Cherry Creek so much. Thank you for recognizing Lori & Beth as well for their efforts. I will pass along your comments to them. Please come back and see us again very soon.

Have a wonderful day!

Director of Operations

Been to JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!