“Good location, a couple small issues” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$25 Daily Credit
Ranked #7 of 148 Hotels in Denver
San Jose, California, USA
“Good location, a couple small issues”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Last week I stayed at this location. My husband was on a business trip but I wanted to be with him on our anniversary. I was the one who got the surprise! We had a reservation but due to flight delay and the distance of this hotel from the airport. The only room available when we arrived at nearly 1 AM, was near the elevator and right below the tiled concierge breakfast lounge. Well, it was not a good experience. Issue 1- I could hear the noise from above (earlier than 6AM) and the noise from people talking early in the morning while waiting for the elevator on the 10th floor. Issue 2 - The room we received had two double beds. We are not very big people but we slept on different beds cause we felt we were elbowing each other. The hotel is in a good location and I walked the Cherry Creek North shops and went to the Cherry Creek Mall across the street. I had a wonderful lunch at the hotel. I did not use the spa and workout room. Of course we requested a king bed but that was given away since rooms are assigned as you arrive.

Room Tip: Whenever possible, request a room away from the elevators at hotels in business district since worke...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Dear Cyndee R.,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. Happy Anniversary first of all. I do apologize for the room type and noise you experienced. Please reach out to me when you are returning to the hotel and I will take great care to make sure your next stay is great. Have a fantastic day!

Warm Regards,

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Akron Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a beautiful property. My room was large and well-appointed. Giant bathroom, comfy lounger and sofa, great bed. Very new, clean and stylish. Also, a good location near lots of good shopping and restaurants. My only dislike is the $26 for parking, but I guess you'd expect that in Cherry Creek.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Altadesigns,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out an online review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the property and had a great stay. I do apologize for the parking fee, but space in Cherry Creek does come at a premium as you suggested. Please let me know when you are returning to the hotel in the future. Have a wonderful day!

Diredctor of Operations
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed at the JW Marriott only one night on our way out of town but in that short amount of time were simply thrilled with the hotel. Our first impression was Ryan at the front desk. We had called in transit to see if we could check in early, upon arrival, Ryan recalled that we made this request and let us know this would not be a problem. In addition, upon check in, we inquired about either a cab or a town car service to Red Rocks Amphitheater Ryan jumped to answer our question. Within 10 minutes of asking he had called our room with a solution that worked for us (literally while we were walking to the room for the first time). The cab that was organized for us was there as expected, the hotel staff had placed a newspaper and two bottles of water in the back seat for us and the driver selected was warm and engaging for the 30 minute drive (Dave). Upon arrival to Red Rocks I offered Dave a tip in addition to the price we had agreed to and he flatly refused. The next morning we had time to enjoy breakfast at the hotel restaurant and were thrilled with the food quality. We wish we could have enjoyed the "build your own Bloody Mary" bar the location had to offer, this looked like a fun and delicious option for Sunday morning. The hotel location could not have been better -- within a block we were able to find a fabulous sushi place (Hapa), a lovely site for outdoor drinks in the sun and were with in 15 minutes of a Catholic Church for mass on Sunday. Overall Wonderful Experience, we highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor and found it to be quite private and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Caseymoo,

Thank you for posting your online review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. Isn't Red Rocks the perfect place to see a concert? Thank you for recognizing Ryan & Dave's efforts as well. Please come back and see us again, but this time please enjoy the bloody Mary Bar!

framingham, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Fantastic location! We hosted two events during our stay and the staff was amazing. A true pleasure to work with. Fabulous and wonderfully personable staff at all levels. We loved it and will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Islandgirlinkeywest,

Thank you for posting this online review regarding your recent stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your events went well. Thank you as well for recognizing the staffs efforts. I will pass along you comments to them. Please come back and see us again soon.
I LOVE Key West by the way!

Warm Regards,

Fairfield, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Our recent stay at the JW Marriot Denver Cherry Creek, was great! The location is very close to many restaurant options and lovely shops! We travel with our 8lb. Toy Poodle and he was treated like the TOP DOG that he is! The hotel is very nice and the bed was very comfortable, we would definitely stay here the next time we are in Denver!

Room Tip: We chose a Mountain View room and it was lovely!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear KimKufner,

Thank you for taking the time to write this online review. I truly appreciate that you took the time. I am happy to hear that you and your toy poodle were treated so well. All of you please come back and see us again very soon.

Have a wonderful day!

Columbia SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I was glad I selected this property for my first visit to Denver -- no regrets at all. It was exactly what I would expect from JW Marriott brand -- top-notch customer service, beautiful room, great spa experience and a happening location, with lots of restaurants, bars and shopping in walking distance. I booked early and got a reasonable rate for my stay.

I tried out the hotel spa (Antoine du Chez, I think it was called) during some rare down time and found out there are daily last-minute booking specials. It's worth calling to ask what they are. I discovered massages were 25% off that day, so I booked a deep tissue massage and a classic pedicure. Both were so good that I decided to make an impulse decision to stay and have my hair washed and styled, too. I wish I could remember all three of the employees names, as they were all exceptional employees -- friendly and great at their jobs. (My hair looked fantastic at the work event that night -- low humidity in Denver means great hairdos last!)

My room was perfect, really -- no noise from the street (I had a street view room on the 3rd floor) or other rooms. Room decor appeared to be very new. Bathroom was spacious and well appointed. I slept very well each night.

I used the car valet services several times for a rental car for work and found the valet staff to be timely and responsive. One bell/valet employee went the extra mile and helped me get my rental car booked from Enterprise once I had checked into the hotel. (That worked out really well. Thanks to whomever helped me with the Enterprise contact info. )

I loved the location of the hotel (lots of shops/bars/restaurants in the areas) and took advantage of Whole Foods' nearby location to enjoy a leisurely walk to a healthy (and inexpensive!) breakfast a few times.

The only potential negative I could cite would be the sun deck/hot tub area was closed when I was there. Though I mostly had to work the whole time I was in Denver, I did have a short window of time in which I would have liked to visit that area. But it was no big deal -- plenty of other things to do in the area.

Never made it to the mall due to work schedule but it looked GREAT.

If I return to Denver, which I hope to do sometime soon, I would definitely stay here again if the price was right. :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear GamecockGirl,

Thank you for taking the time to post an online review regarding your recent stay. I was so happy to hear you enjoyed the Cherry Creek area, hotel, and the spa. Thank you for recognizing their efforts. I will pass along your comments to everyone. Please come back and see us again very soon. Have a wonderful day!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed for three nights to visit family. Everything about the hotel was as I would expect at a high-level Marriott. Well-maintained, clean, crisp, nice folks at every turn. The room was pretty standard, the bath larger than standard. We paid extra for a mountain view, and were not disappointed. I think we might have felt differently in a lower room with no view. The in-house restaurant was very good, and there are lots of good resaurants in the Cherry Creek area. Shopping was plentiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear piotzar,

Thank you for posting your online review and for your glowing comments. It is truly appreciated! I also believe the mountain view is spectacular and well worth the money. Please come back and see us soon.

Director of Operations

Been to JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!