“Best concierge lounge of all U.S. Marriotts” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early - Save 20%
Ranked #15 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Best concierge lounge of all U.S. Marriotts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I'm Marriott Platinum and have retained Gold or Platinum status for several years and thus have been lucky to have Concierge Lounge privileges. I've found that, while Marriott Concierge lounges in Europe and Asia have wonderful food and drinks, U.S. Marriotts aren't even in the same league. I've found two U.S. exceptions: the Mayflower in D.C. and Denver JW Cherry Creek, with the latter being the best. The evening food was exquisite and consistently excellent (I was in there 4 nights in a row). The hostess was delightful and I noticed her ability to engage customers transversed all age groups.

The room was a perfect size and its bathroom well-appointed with a separate shower and soaking tub. JW Cherry Creek staff were polished and professional. I did have a special request and it was immediately taken care of.

I dont get to Denver very often, but when I do: JW Cherry Creek is where I want to be.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Dear LesDye,

Thank you for you review and the high praise. It is very much appreciated. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you as well for recognizing the Concierge attendants great service. I will pass along your comments. Hopefully we will see you again very soon.

Have a wonderful day!

Director of Operations

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I find it quite amazing that it is not possible to communicate with this hotel by email, concerning a forthcoming stay!

When I asked Marriott Customer Care for the email address of Nick Welker, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek I was told "The JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek hotel does not currently have a publicly listed email address and we are not permitted to provide guests with employee's e-mail addresses".

Not very customer friendly!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear rhadamanthus,

I am sorry that you have been unable to contact me. My email address is below. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!

nick.welker@jwmarriottdenver.com

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights Sept 12. Very upscale location in a great suburb of Denver. Excellent choice of bars and restaurants in the surrounding area, covering most tastes, and a large comprehensive shopping mall across the road.
c. 90 minute walk along the Cherry Creek to downtown.
Very nice bar and restaurant, but for the price of the room it was fairly small and although very nice - not what I expected from a JW at nearly $400 a night.
JW Santa Monica the night before was probably twice the size!

Overall, if you can get a reasonable rate I'd recommend, if only for the location.

Dear HJDEngland,

Thank you for posting a review. It is appreciated. I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay and the Cherry Creek location. Please let me know the next time you are coming to the hotel.

Steamboat Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here one night before flying out of the Denver airport, using Marriott points to pay for our room. When booking, we looked at the other Marriott properties available, but decided that this one was worth the extra points and that turned out to be true. Great service, great amenities, great location within easy walking to lots of great shopping and restaurants. Our room was on the fifth floor and we had a nice view to the mountains, even though the bottom part of the view was partially obscured by an apartment building across the street. If you were up another floor or two, you could have a completely unobscured view. The king bed was very comfortable with nice linens. The bathroom was large and the decor was really nice. There was a separate shower stall on one side and bathtub on the other side. There was a free internet service which is always appreciated. It was usable, but slow. Faster internet service was available for a fee.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Swissmiss001,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is very much appreciated. Thank you for choosing the JW to redeem your valued points. I know there are many options and it is appreciated. I was glad to see you enjoyed the hotel and thank you for recognizing the staff's efforts. Please come back and see us again soon.

Warm Regards,

Beverly Hills, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stopped at the marriott for the night on our way back home. We wanted to visit the art museums of denver. The hotel is very nice and has great location. The hotel is very busy and the noise was average but you are in a big city. Great place overall..would stay again

Dear Michelle R.,

Thank you for your recent review. So happy to hear you enjoyed the location and hotel. Sorry about the noise you experienced. Maybe let me know the next time you are coming and I will see about booking you a very quiet room. Hope to see you soon. Have a great day!

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Great service and amenities. We had a great view of the Rockies from the hotel room. Lots of great little stores and restaurants in the area. Definitely worth the little extra to stay there than other Marriott properties in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Nick W, Manager at JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Rich W,

Thank you for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I too believe the Cherry Creek area around the hotel is amazing and believe many travelers would love to stay with us. Please come back and see us again soon.

Have a great day!

Cape town
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Just spent one night here but it is a great hotel. Great location near the mall and near great restaurants and bars.

They have a great bar called second home downstairs- although the only reason I found it was due to the conferencing waitress serving our function telling me that the bar would open " in 1 minute" in the conferencing area and she would not serve me a beer- just a terrible attitude- but the bartender in the bar made up for her!

Great rooms, good staff and a great car service

Room Tip: All good bara blp froma disgruntled waitress in the the conferencing dept that costs the hote in the...