“Good Enough” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel VQ

You added Hotel VQ to your Saves list
Hotel VQ
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1975 Mile High Stadium Circle, Denver, CO 80204 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel)   |
Ranked #78 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Lexington, Kentucky
“Good Enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

SO I was just there one night, driving through Denver. I made the reservation on Kayak and I only paid $60 for the room. Even though it is listed as being downtown, it is, but there's a giant highway between downtown and the mall. But they have free shuttles to and from downtown every 20 minutes. I think the hotel had seen better days, but I was satisfied with the accomodations. If i were staying in Denver on vacation, I would have picked a nicer hotel closer to the downtown mall. One of the desk attendants was super nice, the other was a sourpuss. But, as I said before- It was good enough!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

What a great View!! What a great Bed. Since I only needed a room to sleep in I thought this would be better than motel 6. The elevators squeaked, creaked, and the doors were misaligned and closed slowly. The rooms are outdated as well as the amenities, but was quiet. Free shuttle to anywhere I needed to go. Tried the "Skybox Restaurant", the $25 steak was like shoe leather, but the potatoes, veggies & sauce was great, (yes I ordered something else) the chicken Cesar salad was really good, as well as the desserts but way over priced.

Room Tip: Great place to sleep.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
West Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotels can get expensive in Denver especially in and around the downtown. This isn't a bad option if everything else in the area is priced too high but you still want great location. I've stayed here at least ten times in the last year for business travel. The beds are good, the bathrooms are seriously dated but functional and the higher floors facing east have a great view of the downtown. Of course all of that goes out the window on game days....

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the downtown. Great view. If you're a super light sleeper, however, don...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Billings, Montana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I really wanted to like this Hotel. It really stands out next to Sport Authority Stadium and seems from appearances that it should have been an amazing place. But sadly it missed the mark. We arrived at 2:30 (:30 minutes earlier than checkin) and I asked if we could get in. The guy at the front say, "What don't you understand about "3" o'clock check in? Its not 3. Is it?" I kept my cools and said that I would came back a little later. After going to eat we got back and it was the same guy and an older woman working. She was extremely rude and told me, "Sorry but we are out of King rooms you'll have to have a double Queen. We had to give them away to the people who were here before you." And that's when I snapped...I told her that I was here at 2:30 before ANYBODY was here and I expect to get the King room that I paid for almost 2 months earlier. I was irate with the way they were treating us. Finally they made some "arrangements" and got us a King room. When we went upstairs we walked into the room and it was a double queen room! So I went back downstairs and the guy says that he accidentally gave me the wrong room...no apology not sorry nothing. On top of it the beds were broken down and the tvs were from the 80's. Most of the channels were snowy and unwatchable...and their "free" wifi didn't have a strong enough connection to use. Ridiculous.

Room Tip: Towards the Denver skyline.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The hotel is conveniently located near the football stadium and a 5-10 minute walk to light rail. The rooms are small but the bed was very comfortable. The place needs some freshening up. The televisions are old tube style and the fitness center has just 3 outdated pieces of equipment. The price is good compared to other hotels in the area but you do tend to get what you pay for. Not a bad experience, but not plush by any means.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Boston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Stayed here the other night. Room was dated with old TV and creepy comforters.

Coffee but no coffee machine. Iron but no ironing board.

Wireless did not work. When I called the front desk they said "too many people" are connected, try again later. Do not stay here if you depend on wireless for work.

Shuttle driver was nice. Front desk was not helpful.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Stopped here for a night on my way out west. Nice, clean hotel, which began life as a "Metropolitan" style Holiday Inn. (How do I know these things?). Thus, all the rooms are wedge-shaped, and most have great views of either the city or the mountains. Add a nice little bar/restaurant on the top floor, friendly staff, and a good rate, and you have a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel VQ? Share your experiences!