“Excellent service.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel VQ

You added Hotel VQ to your Saves list
Hotel VQ
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1975 Mile High Stadium Circle, Denver, CO 80204 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel)   |
Ranked #79 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Denver, Colorado
“Excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I and my friend spent the Thanksgiving weekend at Hotel VQ. They stand out from among the posh hotels because they render warm friendly down home service. Our rooms were cleaned nicely everyday. The front desk and shuttle service was A #1. The Skybox service and food was great. VQ will always be our home away from home. It was good to be there once again.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Grand Lake, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We love to stay at the VQ when attending Colorado Avalanche Games, You save a few dollars being on the other side of the intestate but the hotel offers a very convenient free shuttle to anywhere in a 3 mile radius including Pepsi Center, The 16th street mall, Coors Field and just about anywhere else you could want to go in that area.
the rooms are a bit dated and you can tell that it is an older building, but the staff is always Super Friendly and accommodating.
Try out the Restaurant and Bar at the top of the building, the food is delicious and the view of the city is to die for!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Tucumcari, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

On a recent conference to Denver I stayed at the Hotel VQ. An older, independent hotel. The rack rate is way too high, but I got some hockey game discount so it was worth it. Clean large rooms with just enough electric outlets. I had trouble with in room WiFi, but others I know did not. If you are attending an event at Mile High Stadium this place is perfect. My event was nearby but the prices at the big name places were out of my price range. If you can't get a discount I would look elsewhere, but for the right price it is OK.

Room Tip: Building is round with slightly pie shaped rooms. Ice and vending on only four floors
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Charleston, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I stayed here the weekend of the broncos against redskins game. For my next broncos game id certainly stay here again. First off I arrived hours before check in time and my room was already ready for me. Everyone was friendly, especially the guy at the front desk. He also was the one to inform me that in the hotel's parking lot would be a bus that provided free beer and hot dogs. I also enjoyed the top floor bar. Ryan made some good drinks when I went up for happy hour and Israel was great when I went up for lunch. Only negative was the hotel was a little too warm inside, which made sleeping very uncomfortable for me. Overall I would definitely stay again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Renton, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Pretty nice, alittle old but after being on a greyhound bus for 3 days it was well worth the 35$. I liked how the stadium is seconds away and you get a beautiful view of downtown! The shuttle was great too, they gave us great suggestions for things to do!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Beaumont, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This hotel is older, and that shows in some places. Like most people in Colorado, the staff is friendly. The bar on the top floor has some amazing views and is worth a visit. Overall you can tell that this hotel has been around a while. The location is amazing if you are attending a Bronco's game or other event at Sports Authority Field. It's a little ways away from all the other stuff in downtown Denver. I would stay here again if I was attending Sports Authority Field. If I was spending time in Denver, I would stay somewhere else. Somewhere closer to downtown.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Perfect location for Mile High Stadium and a Broncos game! We stayed here 2 nights in September, as we didn't want to brave the traffic to and from the game. The hotel is probably average at best, but it worked out very well for us.

Cons -- The walls are thin (noisy neighbors, but you kind of expect that with the approach of the game), the pillows kind of heavy and the beds rather unpleasantly firm. The bathroom had what you expected; sink, toilet, shower. No place to hang a robe, minimal amenities (shampoo, soap). Carpet didn't look all that clean, but I think it was old carpet and not dirt. Our room had no view, except of the parking lot. Be aware they sell any available (leftover?) parking on game days! Not that you'd want to move your car on a game day! Traffic in the area on game day was simply stunning!

Pros -- LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION, it was perfect for what we wanted. Plenty of towels. Coffee maker in the room, hooray! The people in the lobby were great, the shuttle (and drivers) to (and from) downtown Denver, so we didn't have to move our car, was all great. You can have a free beer and a hot dog on game days when they park a Coors truck outside the hotel, kind of a tailgating kind of thing.

The major attraction for his hotel is its location. We'd definitely stay here again if we were going to a game. If we were visiting Denver for some other reason, we probably would try another hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel VQ? Share your experiences!