“Good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel VQ

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Denver
Hotel VQ
You added Hotel VQ to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1975 Mile High Stadium Circle, Denver, CO 80204 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel)   |
Ranked #79 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Sacramento, California
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Nice and clean hotel, for less money then compared to downtown Denver. Free shuttle but you had to wait for over 1/2 hour sometimes. Wish you could pre-arrange shuttle service. Had to make it to the train and had to leave way early to be sure getting to the station in time.. Most staff were very friendly, except check out clerk in the early morning. Restaurant at the top of the building. Did not use it but it had a great view.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Belturbet, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Handy hotel on the outskirts of Denver. Rooms basic but clean and comfortable. Great shuttle service,running up until 11pm which will pick you up anywhere in the city within a few minutes of your call.
Internet very slow
Needs updating but ok just for a stopover

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I got this hotel through hotwire, you know, pay first and then you will know the hotel you're staying in. I spent the 7 weeks previous to my stay dreading the hotel due the reviews here. I arrived to the hotel and it was great. True, the internet sucks, but the room was clean and nice, the staff was friendly, the shuttle service awesome, and the restaurant upstairs, excellent. So I guess every people experience is different... glad my experience was fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Albuqu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This place is terrible. My husband stayed there for business last week. He was checked into a room by the front desk, but given a key to another room. He settled into the room that he thought was his and went about his work plans. The next day, he returned to his room at 9pm to find it completely cleared out. The front desk had no clue what had happened, but they were eventually able to determine that housekeeping thought his room was supposed to be vacant. SO THEY EMPTIED IT OUT, and placed all of his belongings in the housekeeping managers office...which of course no one but that person has a key to. My husband's flight left before that person was back at work, so he asked them to ship him his belongings. Which they did - standard mail, with a COD label - so we had to pay $24 on delivery to even get his things. I am infuriated by this idea that when a hotel makes a mistake they assume zero responsibility and put the cost on the their guest. Never staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cody, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The shuttle service and location of this hotel are literally the only good thing about it. Not worth the money AT ALL!! The woman on the evening shift was not only rude but had a horrible sense of direction. Denver is under construction; trying to explain to this rude woman the exit is gone: I couldn't get an "east", "West" or any other clear direction for almost 10 mins due to her lack of ability to clearly explain how to navigate to the hotel. I got a little testy with her because I was tired; when I apologized she "accepted" the apology but when I wanted to shake her hand in a show of good faith she left me hanging there. Being brought up in the old ways I left my hand out until she took it indicating a sincere acceptance of my apology. It was like shaking a dead fish. Room was gross but I was too tired to move to another room; I just showered before bed and again when I got up. $90 for a room I would have gotten at a "No-tell Motel". Ridiculous! Stay as far away from this place as possible. The one and only positive was the shuttle service and the woman who drove it (Norma). She was sweet and helped out with my arriving 3 & 4 yr old grand-kids ensuring a smooth transition from traveling to Grandma's car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend to ski and to check out the city. As soon as you step out of the elevator you see the nasty carpet and smell the smoky hallway. The room is as plain as it gets. Nothing pretty to look at. Just a notch above a cheap motel. Was expecting more for what I paid. The kicker of it all was when the room didn't cool down after I adjusted the thermostat. I called the front desk and was told that if the temperature is colder than 55 degrees, all the rooms ONLY blow hot air. I was told to open a window. My wife couldn't sleep one of the nights we were there. The only reason I gave it a 2 star and not 1 is because of the free parking and the shuttle service to downtown. All the drivers were extremely kind.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Central City, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

the room was small and extremely out dated... the ac didnt work so we we had to sleep with the window open all night which sucked because the highway is right outside the window and it was loud... we did the premium view and it was nice... the bed was hard as a rock and we barely got any sleep... tv was an old tube tv from the 90s and channels were limited... so all in all the hotel sucked... elevator took forever etc... however the reason we stayed here was because we went to pepsi center and they offered free shuttles... that alone almost made it worth the price... also they have a restraunt on the 14th floor and it was by far the best food we had in denver... so all in all the hotel sucks, but the restraunt and shuttle kind of made up for it

Room Tip: if you are going to a broncos game or going to the pepsi center, definitely stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel VQ? Share your experiences!