“Ok for a stopover” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel VQ

Save Saved
You added Hotel VQ to your Saves list
Hotel VQ
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1975 Mile High Stadium Circle, Denver, CO 80204 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel)   |
Ranked #75 of 145 hotels in Denver
Belturbet, Ireland
“Ok for a stopover”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Handy hotel on the outskirts of Denver. Rooms basic but clean and comfortable. Great shuttle service,running up until 11pm which will pick you up anywhere in the city within a few minutes of your call.
Internet very slow
Needs updating but ok just for a stopover

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I got this hotel through hotwire, you know, pay first and then you will know the hotel you're staying in. I spent the 7 weeks previous to my stay dreading the hotel due the reviews here. I arrived to the hotel and it was great. True, the internet sucks, but the room was clean and nice, the staff was friendly, the shuttle service awesome, and the restaurant upstairs, excellent. So I guess every people experience is different... glad my experience was fine.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Albuqu
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This place is terrible. My husband stayed there for business last week. He was checked into a room by the front desk, but given a key to another room. He settled into the room that he thought was his and went about his work plans. The next day, he returned to his room at 9pm to find it completely cleared out. The front desk had no clue what had happened, but they were eventually able to determine that housekeeping thought his room was supposed to be vacant. SO THEY EMPTIED IT OUT, and placed all of his belongings in the housekeeping managers office...which of course no one but that person has a key to. My husband's flight left before that person was back at work, so he asked them to ship him his belongings. Which they did - standard mail, with a COD label - so we had to pay $24 on delivery to even get his things. I am infuriated by this idea that when a hotel makes a mistake they assume zero responsibility and put the cost on the their guest. Never staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Cody, Wyoming
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

The shuttle service and location of this hotel are literally the only good thing about it. Not worth the money AT ALL!! The woman on the evening shift was not only rude but had a horrible sense of direction. Denver is under construction; trying to explain to this rude woman the exit is gone: I couldn't get an "east", "West" or any other clear direction for almost 10 mins due to her lack of ability to clearly explain how to navigate to the hotel. I got a little testy with her because I was tired; when I apologized she "accepted" the apology but when I wanted to shake her hand in a show of good faith she left me hanging there. Being brought up in the old ways I left my hand out until she took it indicating a sincere acceptance of my apology. It was like shaking a dead fish. Room was gross but I was too tired to move to another room; I just showered before bed and again when I got up. $90 for a room I would have gotten at a "No-tell Motel". Ridiculous! Stay as far away from this place as possible. The one and only positive was the shuttle service and the woman who drove it (Norma). She was sweet and helped out with my arriving 3 & 4 yr old grand-kids ensuring a smooth transition from traveling to Grandma's car.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Fort Lauderdale
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for a long weekend to ski and to check out the city. As soon as you step out of the elevator you see the nasty carpet and smell the smoky hallway. The room is as plain as it gets. Nothing pretty to look at. Just a notch above a cheap motel. Was expecting more for what I paid. The kicker of it all was when the room didn't cool down after I adjusted the thermostat. I called the front desk and was told that if the temperature is colder than 55 degrees, all the rooms ONLY blow hot air. I was told to open a window. My wife couldn't sleep one of the nights we were there. The only reason I gave it a 2 star and not 1 is because of the free parking and the shuttle service to downtown. All the drivers were extremely kind.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Central City, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

the room was small and extremely out dated... the ac didnt work so we we had to sleep with the window open all night which sucked because the highway is right outside the window and it was loud... we did the premium view and it was nice... the bed was hard as a rock and we barely got any sleep... tv was an old tube tv from the 90s and channels were limited... so all in all the hotel sucked... elevator took forever etc... however the reason we stayed here was because we went to pepsi center and they offered free shuttles... that alone almost made it worth the price... also they have a restraunt on the 14th floor and it was by far the best food we had in denver... so all in all the hotel sucks, but the restraunt and shuttle kind of made up for it

Room Tip: if you are going to a broncos game or going to the pepsi center, definitely stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rapid City, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed at this hotel March 5th and 6th with some girlfriends. We chose this hotel for its location and free shuttle downtown. As far as those two things go the hotel was excellent, Juan the shuttle driver was awesome. He knew just where to take us and was good company. And the cab fee back to the hotel was $9, awesome! Unfortunately the rest of the staff and stay was not the same. As soon as we got to the hotel and checked in we waited for the elevator for about 7 minutes. Not even over exaggerating. It wasn't busy and we even ended up asking if the elevator even worked. It finally came. We were greeted by a huge stain on the floor in the hallway outside our door, looked like paint or something. The hallway also smelled like smoke but when we went into the room it just smelled dusty, so we opened the window, problem solved. When we went into the room it was kind of crammed and definitely outdated (which we expected after reading other reviews, not a big deal). After unpacking and relaxing for a minute, which with 4 girls our room was basically covered in a layer of clothes, luggage, and everything you would expect. At this point someone went to use the sink and it was not working. We talked to the front desk and without apologizing or sounding sincere in any manner said "Oh, that was supposed to be fixed." They ended up offering a room move but it wasn't a big enough deal for us to pack up again we just decided to use the bathtub to brush our teeth and such. We really weren't picky. The trip went well up until checkout, we asked for a late checkout which was 1 o'clock. From about 10am on the maids were knocking on the door about every half hour trying to get us out so they could clean. It got to the point where we ended up being rude so that they would stop. They even parked their cart right outside our door. We almost tripped on it walking out of the room. Checkout went smooth, no problem there. Later on one of the girls realized she left her military i.d. and a debit card in the drawer in the hotel room, we all saw her put them in there as soon as we checked in. Yes it is definitely her fault for leaving them but [--] happens. We went back to get her things where the front desk staff was very rude about it. We were leaving town so we obviously needed those things back. Finally the maid went and got her things but just came back with the military i.d., no sign of the debit card. When we asked the maid about it she said it wasn't there and that she didn't need money so she wouldn't steal it. Ummm, I'm sorry but your a maid. I'm sure you wouldn't turn down some extra cash if offered. After insisting to her that the debit card was literally right on top of the military i.d. she went back up to the room and brought us the bible, handed it to us and said that was all that was in the drawer and that nothing else was in there so we must have misplaced it. YEAH, SURE. As we are waiting in the lobby trying to figure out what to do we hear the front desk staff talking [--] about us 4 feet away. Saying how its not their fault that we left things in the room, maybe we should be more careful. Granted yes it was our fault but really... that means we deserve to be stolen from and you couldn't wait to talk badly about us at least until we left? She ended up cancelling her card, done deal things happen. And you would think this is over huh? No, today, a week later I looked at my account online to find a $250 charge to Hotel VQ. I called because it was obviously a mistake, I payed online and that charge was there too, which btw was $141. When I called they said it was a smoking charge. First of all, I don't smoke. Yes, a couple of the girls I was with did but they did NOT in the room. If we wanted a smoking room we would get a hotel where there was smoking that we wouldn't be charged for.. its pretty simple. I told the woman that, who transferred me to someone else, where I told everything again, who then again transferred me to the general manager where I had to tell it all over again. The general manager was very nice but said when there is a dispute with something like that he talks with the head maid, you know the one who was pushing us to get out of the room and the one who stole the debit card, and would check out the room to see how bad it smelled and then would get back to me. I haven't heard back but if the charge is not removed the owner of this crappy hotel will be hearing from me. I've never written a complaint of any kind and we were not hard to please, I mean we didn't even need a running sink to make us happy. I just want people to know if your reading reviews and thinking.. "Ehh it can't be that bad I'm not picky." That's what we were thinking and it was a terrible mistake. Do NOT stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel VQ? Share your experiences!