“Terrific layover @ DEN!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Denver-International Airport

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Denver-International Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Denver-International Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7001 Yampa St., Denver, CO 80249 (Denver International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Cars Sleep Free
Ranked #45 of 147 Hotels in Denver
Montgomery Village, Maryland
“Terrific layover @ DEN!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very clean and welcoming lobby and a little different (western or Colorado) decor than the usual Embassy Suites. We got to the bar in time for the last part of the manager's reception. The free wine was actually pretty good and we decided to eat at the bar (mining theme that was really neat!). The food was good and a very friendly bartender and staff.

The room was clean with a very comfortable bed. Very nice granite in the bath and room. Quiet and very comfortable. We had to leave early the next morning so breakfast was a little rushed, but very good.

The wi-fi is more expensive than I have experienced at other comparable hotels...that was the only downside to an otherwise very nice hotel, friendly staff and clean surroundings. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Monicapitt, General Manager at Embassy Suites Denver-International Airport, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your commments! I am so glad everything exceedeed your expectations. Since airport travelers are typically only with us one night it makes it more important to use every moment as an opportunity to Wow our guests. I am so happy we were successful during your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

How awesome was it to come from Kentucky and be greeted by the nices Coloradians!!! This hotel was soooooo clean. They gave us top floor with Mountain Views. It was sooooo super quiet. The food in the restaurant was so good. The breakfast? Best Buffet with omelet station EVER. I am sooo happy we started our week long trip off by staying here. I will definately go back when I come back to visit. Everyone was so nice!!!! Did I mention Clean rooms? CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay for Breakfast!!! It's worth it! And if you're a southerner, they will make you sweet te...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Monicapitt, General Manager at Embassy Suites Denver-International Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Your posting made my day! THe cornerstone of any successful hotel is clean, comfortable surroundings and a hospitable staff and I am so happy we exceeded your expectations in both areas! I will definitely pass your comments along to the entire team with my thanks, particularly to the Director of Housekeeping who was been with us since the opening of the hotel and is the best I have worked with in my 25+ year career! Look forward to welcoming you back!
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

This is a lovely airport hotel- the lobby/dining area is stunning, open to top floor with a mining theme. Dinner in the restaurant was fine, and my daughter told me there were free appetizers before I arrived. But why they don't offer free wifi when it's not an inexpensive hotel is peculiar. I'm going back through Denver next week and am looking for another hotel for that reason only. My husband will be with me and he'll be wanting his wifi!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. I do understand the frustration some guests feel regarding the internet charge. I d understand that some hotels do provide complimentary internet, but quality of the connection is also a consideration. We made the difficult decision to charge for the internet based on rising costs and rising expectations from guests as to the quality of the internet they expect to receive. Although there is a charge, I can safely say that HIlton hotels provide the highest quality and most consistent internt offering of any major brand. To that end, we did recently update from 4.5 MG to over 30MG!. Thus, we have decided to focus on a quality, a trait I know you have come to exepct from Embassy Suites. Additionally, for those guests who do not wish to pay, we do have complimentary internet available in our business center.

We also hope that the brand standards of complimentary breakfast, complimentary appetizers and cocktails, and a guranteeed suite is enough to keep guests coming back!
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our room was dark & the carpet in the living area was dirty, but the bedroom and the bathroom were clean. We were on the top floor so it was quiet. It was a non smoking room but definitely had a stale cigarette smell, maybe because it was next to a smoking room?! The managers reception was nice, however the bartender on Thursday night was very unfriendly and then got a little snippy when we didn't tip him!! Friday's bartender was much better and received a generous tip! The breakfast was excellent and the morning staff were all wonderful, especially the young man cleaning the tables Saturday morning. The next time we're in Denver, we'll stay at a Hampton Inn like we usually do.....they have free WIFI for everyone!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Monicapitt, General Manager at Embassy Suites Denver-International Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. First, let me apologize for the bartender on Thursday night. Although I do not know specifically which bartender is was since we do not have stay dates associated with trip advisor reviews, I can assure you this is not indicative of the service usually provided at our hotel. I will be sure our Food and Beverage Manager receives a copy of this review to share with the entire bar staff.

With regards the internet, I do understand that many people woudl prefer to see the internet complimentary. However, given the rising costs of the internet, we did some time back make the difficult decision to charge for that service. We do as a brand continue to focus on providing a quality internet experience for all Embassy Suites guests and to that end we have recently upgraded our bandwidth from 4.5MG to over 30MG. In this way, to do strive to provide the best possible value for this charge. Additionally, for those guests who prefer not to pay for the internet we do provide it complimentary in our business center.

I do understand that every guest has amenties and services they value higher than others. We hope that the Embassy values of a 2 rooms suite, complimentary breakfast, and 2 hours complimentary cocktails are ones that will keep our guests coming back again and again even in spite of this charge. I sincerely hope you will be one of those guests.
Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Airport hotels have a difficult job as they cater to a wide range of travels. I stayed here for one night after meetings in Denver so that I could catch a 6AM flight home. Check-in was efficient and quick and the front desk staff was very friendly. Even though I left the hotel at 4AM to return my rental car, I noticed that the early shuttle bus was on time. The staff even offered me a few things for breakfast even though breakfast was not scheduled to start for another two hours.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Good to hear your comments! You sound like an expreienced traveler and understand that the number one priority of airport hotels is to provide quick, convenient service. I am glad you recognized our dedication to timely airport shuttle departures as well as our offering of early bird breakfast items for those guests with early flights. Thank you for sharing your observations and we hope to see you again soon!
Rome, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this convenient Embassy Suites after our late afternoon flight before heading for the mountains the following day. Every aspect of this hotel met our needs and expectations. After a quick dinner at the nearby Ruby Tuesday's, we settled into our very comfortable room with a great view of the lights of Denver. The free breakfast the next morning included our favorite custom omelettes with many other selections available. Our stay here was the perfect beginning to a wonderful vacation week in Colorado.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
I was so pleased to read your comments! We all know travel can be stressful at times and I am so glad we were able to start your vacation out on a positive, relaxing notet!!!!
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

My wife and I stay here every year the day before our return home from vacation in RMNP. We added an extra day this year to take in a game at Coors Field and to visit Colorado Springs.

The hotel employees are terrific, the grounds are well maintained and the location to the airport is excellent.

Do not overlook the hotel's restaurant. The food is way above good. :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Monicapitt, General Manager at Embassy Suites Denver-International Airport, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you so much for your high praise! We do always strive to exceed all guest expectations adn I am so happy we achieved our goal during your visit! Hope to see you agian soon!

Been to Embassy Suites Denver-International Airport? Share your experiences!