“Nice-if-aging hotel in a so-so location.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4040 Quebec St, Stapleton, Denver, CO 80216 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel Denver Central) (Stapleton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast and WiFi
Ranked #59 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Plainfield, Illinois
“Nice-if-aging hotel in a so-so location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

First and foremost, the entire staff at this inn demonstrated nothing but friendly, caring service throughout our stay. We had an issue with our connecting room doors and had a maintenance professional in the room within minutes. This hotel features a large outdoor pool, which I would love to have used during our two-night stay, had the weather cooperated. It looked very clean and inviting. Our rooms were also clean and comfortable and the complimentary wi-fi worked very well. With all that said, this facility has been around for a while and it shows in some of the fixtures, painted over doors, etc.

I'm not sure how to rate the location. It's very convenient to I-70 and to a Walmart with many outlots, but the patrons at the Walmart seemed to indicate that this neighborhood may be less-than-upscale, for lack of a better term. Also, my room overlooked a fenced lot full of electrical transformer/resistors, followed by freight train tracks. If you stay here, insist on a court-side room.

• Stayed July 2013
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear MGDaversa,

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we are pleased to know that our staff provided you with professional customer service. We value you as a guest and I do want you to know your concerns are our concerns. We do hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

303-262-7701

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had a nice quiet stay. The only complaint is the soda machine was broken on my floor, so I had to go up to the next floor to get a drink. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the staff was polite. There were girl's baseball teams staying at the hotel, but they didn't seem to make a lot of noise in the rooms. The hotel is close to several restaurants and shopping. It was right off the highway so travel was easy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Valued Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad to know you found the beds to be clean and comfortable. Please accept my sincere apology regarding the soda machine. We have addressed and corrected the issue to avoid further inconveniences to our guests. Thank you again for your comments.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The DoubleTree in Denver was a pleasant place to stay. We were there for a softball tournament and were treated to a free buffet for breakfast each day. It was very nice and great quality food. The restaurant staff was very helpful. The double beds were a bit small for our needs but they were nice and clean. Overall, it was a nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Lucinda D,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North. We are very sorry to hear you were unhappy with the size of our guestroom beds, I am
happy to know that you had an overall pleasant experience. We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel again in the future.

Louisa, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

The hotel is in an awkward location for those arriving to my meeting to get to. The lobby and meeting rooms were good, but the residence areas showed their age. The elevator nearest the lobby was not working for the first few days of my visit. The restaurant food provided at lunch time for my meeting was quite good. Evening dinner service was poor. Front desk staff failed to arrange for my taxi when I was leaving which caused problems for me getting to the airport in time for my flight. Fortunately it was delayed, so I made it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Allen H,

Thank you for your review of the recent experience at our hotel. We are very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service during the evening dinner service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding and pleasant stay. I have addressed your concerns with the staff personally and I thank you for sharing your comments.

Greeensboro, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This was my second time staying at the DoubleTree - Stapleton North. I needed a room so that I could catch an early flight out of Denver International without a lot of hassle and this fit the bill nicely. The check in staff were friendly and efficient. The room was clean with no odor. Bed linens were clean and the towels were clean and plentiful as I was there solo. WIFI was good. AC was cold. The warm chocolate chip cookie at check-in is a bonus!

Room service breakfast looked to be pricey so I didn't partake. I wanted to check a menu in the restaurant but decided to get breakfast at the airport instead.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Iowboync,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to know you had a hassle-free stay. We take pride in providing friendly and efficient service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Wauseon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Average place at best. I only stay in the Hilton chain and you can tell this was a Red Lion buyout by the old decor and rooms. The few good things about this place was the free shuttle to the airport and a decent outdoor pool. I wasn't pleased that at 7:45am housekeeping walked right into my room while I was sleeping, I didn't hear a knock. Needs work, average price, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Oneal_home,

Thank you for your candid feedback, it is greatly appreciated. Also, thank you for your loyalty to the Hilton brand. Please accept my sincere apology that our housekeeping was less than satisfactory and we did not meet your expectations. Please know that your concerns are receiving my full attention. We value you as a guest and your satisfaction is very important to us. Your comments will help us correct these issues. We hope the next time you are in the area you will consider staying with us again.

Pueblo, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We used this hotel to spend the night only and we found it really good. It is the second time that we use this hotel. Didn't use much of the features the hotel offers, as I was just a bypasser, but staff was great and we had a comfy sleep.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Julian E.V,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you had a comfy sleep. We look forward to having you stay at the hotel on a leisure visit.

303-262-7701

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North? Share your experiences!