“In my honest, humble opinion ...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4040 Quebec St, Stapleton, Denver, CO 80216 (Formerly Red Lion Hotel Denver Central) (Stapleton)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast and WiFi
Ranked #59 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Albuquerque, NM
“In my honest, humble opinion ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

The hotel gets high marks for a nice feel and look to the public areas and the guestrooms. The staff was also very professional and courteous, starting with the general manager Matthew.

I was staying at the Doubletree because the hotel I normally stay at during my family trips was booked and I had some concerns after reading reviews about this property. I called Matthew and he was very accommodating. He checked on my reservation and made sure everything was as requested.

The hotel is very close to several dining and shopping options and is a huge convenience.

This property also has a pristine pool area, with a pool that ranges from about 3 feet deep all the way to 9 feet. You just don't see that much anymore and I was very impressed. The staff keeps the pool and the area around it neat and tidy and there are always plenty of tools. This it one of the better hotel pools I've experienced in a long time and was a very pleasant surprise to the trip.

The biggest issue with this property is the noise. I had read the reviews about the proximity to the train tracks, but I dismissed it. I was proven wrong ... the first night there, the train came through at least a dozen times during the night with its blaring horn. It was almost obnoxiously loud.

Also, I'm not sure what the cause is, but you can hear quite a bit of noise from the halls and other rooms. This included slamming doors, running and loud talking in the hallways, the ice/vending machines and especially the elevator.

Some of this was out of the hands of Matthew and his staff as there were several youth lacrosse teams staying at the hotel. Unfortunately young boys behave like young boys do sometimes and there seemed to be little parental supervision as groups of youth announced themselves by running, yelling and acting out of control (hopefully they grow out of that type of behavior).

All in all, this was a good trip and the hotel is a nice place to stay. However the warnings on the trains and noise are highly accurate and one has to decide for themselves whether that is something that would bother them. I would be willing to give it another try and see if staying in a different part of the hotel would help with the noise issue.

Plus, who can resist the warm chocolate chip cookies!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Ohlmes,

Thank you for your high marks and nice feedback about all us at the Doubletree by Hilton Denver – Stapleton North. We’re very sorry for the noise issue you encountered during your stay at our hotel. Your comfort and safety is our number one concern, and we appreciate that you brought this to our attention. Your review will help us correct similar issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you’re in the area; you’ll give us another try!

303-262-7701

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Stayed here for a seminar. It was a fantastic value. Not super luxury but the price was very fair especially considering the amenities. It was a pleasant easy trip and the staff were very helpful. They gave me a very good last minute rate to use the hospitality suite for some filming and were very helpful and accommodating.

Dear JuliaR,

Thank you for the great review, I really appreciate your candid feedback. I am happy to know that you had a good experience and found our hotel to be a great value and our staff to be very helpful. We take pride in providing friendly and efficient service.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything we can do in the meantime to help prepare for your next visit, please do not hesitate in contacting me directly.

Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Upon my arrival to the hotel, I was informed that the hotel was completely sold-out. In an effort to help me find a room for the night, Patrick Costello (Night Manager) called several hotels in the area and the Diamond help desk, but was unable to locate a room for me. I had just driven 18 hours from Texas and I was not in any shape to continue driving around Denver looking for a room. I believe Patrick may have sense this and he went above and beyond to accommodate me with a room at this hotel. He allowed me to stay in a room that had an a/c issue but he provided me with a fan and comp’ed my stay. This type of service is almost unheard of these days, but it is nice to know we still have some great people in the world and Patrick Costello is one of them. I travel frequently for work and the next time I am in the Denver area; the Doubletree-Stapleton North will not only receive my business but my friends and family as well!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear SeattleLoneone,

Thank you for your nice review and for the great feedback on Patrick, I will make sure to share your comments with him personally.

We look forward to having you stay with us again and also recommending our hotel to your friends and family!

San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed here because it was the "Team Hotel" for a lacrosse tournament. It's in a great location, close to lots of shopping and close to Dick's Sporting Goods Park. Typical Doubletree inside the walls. Nice lobby, acceptable, if smallish, rooms, decent service. So average Doubletree. BUT, outside the walls is busy Quebec Street and RAILROAD TRACKS! Each night at about 2 am a freight train rolls by and sounds it's whistle! Other trains roll by during the day. Parking is marginal. So this Doubletree served it's purpose as a place to dwell between lacrosse games. But for next year's tournament there is another Doubletree a little further down Quebec, or the Renaissance, or the Courtyard, or anywhere away from the train tracks!

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the South side of the building as you can - that's where the train tracks...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Dlblcakburn87,

We really appreciate your candid feedback from your recent visit. I am glad to know that you found our location to be convenient and our lobby to be nice. Please accept my sincere apology that the train disturbed your stay.

Seattle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Upon my arrival to the hotel, I was informed that the hotel was completely sold-out. In an effort to help me find a room for the night, Patrick Costello (Night Manager) called several hotels in the area and the Diamond help desk; but was unable to locate a room for me in the area. I had just driven 18 hours from Texas and I was unable to continue driving around Denver looking for a room. I believe Patrick may have sense this and he went above and beyond to accommodate me with a room at this hotel. He allowed me to stay in a room that had an a/c issue but he provided me with a fan (the only one in the hotel) and comp’ed my stay. This type of service is almost unheard of these days, but it is nice to know we still have some great people in the world and Patrick Costello is one of them. I travel frequently for work and the next time I am in the Denver area, the Doubletree-Stapleton North will not only receive my business but my friends and family as well!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Room and conference rooms were fine. Drinks in the bar were strong. There is a free shuttle from the airport and back, which is a good thing. The restaurant was the weak link in the chain. It is in a walkable neighborhood, so you may want to go to the store for food and stick to the bar for drinks. OK, but not somewhere I would seek out next time.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Great staff, excellent facilities for business / conference visitors -- everything you can need. Did I mention great staff? They extended themselves to make our particular group welcome. The 24 hour fitness studio is handy.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

MatthewAnderson, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Anthony S,

Thank you for your nice review and I am happy to hear that you found our staff to be great! I thank you for the feedback on our hotel and I will be discussing your comments with the entire team personally.

303-262-7701

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Stapleton North? Share your experiences!