“Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Microtel Inn by Wyndham Denver

You added Microtel Inn by Wyndham Denver to your Saves list
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Denver
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   18600 East 63rd Avenue, Denver, CO 80249 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #81 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Shawnee Mission, Kansas
“Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Hotel isn't the word I'd use to describe this place. It's more of a "motel" and a very bad one at that. The price was average priced, but the establishment was waaayyy below average. The walls (in the entire hotel) were filthy and the carpet was worn and frayed. There were mirrors behind each of the beds (are you kidding me??) We requested a non-smoking room and the stale smoke smell assaulted us from the moment we opened the door. The best thing about this place?- They gave us our money back when we told them it was unacceptable. The photos that are posted on the website are NOT accurate. They depict a much cleaner, fresher motel than the one we viewed. Spend a few dollars more and stay in a decent hotel. This one is not worthy of my dog.

Room Tip: There are plenty of better quality hotels nearby.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Thai first
Tiburon, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Staying at the airport for convenience? Don't stay here unless you don't mind an hour wait for the shuttle. I stayed because stranded on a southwest air voucher but shame on sws. Never agsin!!@@ just don't be suckered by the price and go somewhere where they care a little about their guests

• Stayed March 2013
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

You can get a good room rate here however, it is in major need of renovations and especially new mattresses. Would opt to pay a little more cleaner, updated room. Shuttle only runs once per hour but they do not charge to leave your car their for the first seven days.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Colorado, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed here the evening of 1/21/2013. I had the same shuttle problems that a previous reviewer described, except worse. When I phone for a pick-up the front-desk person said the shuttle would be there in 15-20 minutes. I called the front desk 3 times during my 1.5 hour wait at the airport. She kept saying the shuttle was "on the way". I finally gave up and paid a shuttle driver for another hotel a $10 tip to take me to Microtel. If you want the cheapest hotel at the Denver airport, and have an hour or more to wait for a shuttle, this place is for you! The place is clean, but shows a little wear (no big deal). Just be prepared to pay a taxi at least $20 to get you there if you are in a hurry.....the extra $20 will wipe-out the savings you will have made by staying there though, so you might as well pay an extra $20-30 and stay at any other airport hotel that has reliable shuttle service if getting to and from the airport on-time is important to you. What really bothered me the most is that the front-desk person wasn't telling the truth about the shuttle delay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kearney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I was in Denver due to a layover. Went to the microtel because everything else was booked, so I am thankful I got a room. I called the shuttle at 8:20 and the front desk lady told me the van would be there in 20-25 minutes. I had asked if there were any places to eat around the hotel and there was one diner. I asked if the shuttle could take me and she said "We don't have time for that tonight." That's fine but use better words when you're telling people!
So I waited in the freezing weather and no van for 40 minutes. I called and she said she would call when she got close. The van finally arrived at 9:26, over an hour from when I called. The driver said she can't make rounds in under 45 minutes to an hour and she told the front desk person this. She said she doesn't listen.
The driver drives like a crazy woman, yelling at all the other cars and vans that get in her way.
Once we got there the check in was fine. The room was what I paid for but I did find a few hairs in the sheets which were a little concerning.
Good hot water in the bath. I got to breakfast late and it had been picked over
and filty tables and trash overflowing. Grabbed an orange and apple.
So, I understand if you cannot spend more than $75 on a room this is acceptable. If you can, and made the mistake I did thinking I'm only laying my head there, then splurge on a Fairfield or Hampton if its available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Denver? Share your experiences!