“So good I felt guilty!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Cincinnati, Ohio
“So good I felt guilty!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

I'm already a huge partisan of the whole Hilton Garden Inn concept. Having stayed in a LOT of HGIs, I can confidently tell you that this HGI is way, way, over the top! I was traveling with a client who is subject to "company-preferred" list accommodations; this hotel was not on that list, but I'm hoping that's just because it's so new. She came over to pick me up for dinner the first night of our trip and was awestruck, and all she saw was the lobby. I would have been uncomfortable about how much nicer this place is (than her "preferred" Doubletree about 6 miles away) but my room rate was so reasonable that this qualifies as a "lucky find" rather than as "consultant living large."

Nevertheless, I've bestowed four rather than five green dots (as a rating) because the printer in this hotel's business center was not working for any of the three weekdays I was at the hotel. (I know tech support is hard to find, but...) Given how wonderful this place generally is, it's hard to imagine this problem was not addressed during my stay. I love this hotel's beautiful surroundings and consistent HGI rooms, but if I can't print out my bording pass (without the needless complexity of emailing it to the front desk, as the sign on the printer suggested), that's not a small thing.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
hgiccgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 28, 2010
Thanks for all of the kind comments about our new building. Hopefully your friend will decide to stay with us next time as well. Thanks for bringing her in to see the property! The issues we were experiencing with the business center printer were hardware issues which have since been resolved. You will have no trouble printing your boarding pass on your next stay with us. I am sorry that you had that inconvenience. As someone who travels a lot, I know it can really throw a wrench in your plans. If there is anything else we can do to improve your experience with us, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks for your time and feedback!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
SD, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights with 2 kids. Very nice stylish, new, clean hotel. Room was of average size but enough space to get around. Liked bathroom - good size and very well done.Somehow they had coffee (although only 1 pack for all of us) but no tea. Had some problem at the check-in/reservation. When I was making reservation (directly with hotel) I asked for a view room which was more expensive and was confirmed at that rate. On arrival we were given a regular room without even mentioning that view room is unavailable (which was actually garanteed to me on the phone). Only when I asked if the room has a view (although, I'm not sure what view that would be) I was told 'no'. Paper I was asked to sign was showing room rate for the view (it's good I noticed). The guy didn't argue, changed the rate but didn't say sorry either (it seemed that one hand doesn't know what the other is doing). Maybe some on the staff are too young and still learn the basics of industry. When I told him that as a HH member at least I should know that the room I reserve should wait for me he replied ' you're not a Gold level' (?) Reservation is reservation. Kind of interesting attitude. When we got to the room we had hard time with Internet connection and after call to the front desk my husband had a feeling that hotel staff must be aware that at times they have much more users than server can handle. For the inconvinience we were given free breakfast. It's excellent! Choices, quality - I highly recommend. And service during it was amazing. Very close by is Cherry Creek North area which has wide choices of dining and shopping. Overall it's a fresh and comfortable place to stay, more business than family.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thanks for the feedback you recently provided regarding your stay with us. It sounds like the check-in experience you received was not all up to par with service we strive to provide. I will certainly use detailed information like this for training purposes, so that we can continue to improve the service in every part of the guest experience. I'm glad you liked the breakfast. The staff takes great pride in preparing many of our items from scratch (scones, granola, omelets, french toast, etc). I hope we will see you again next time you are in the Cherry Creek area!
Sumter, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2010

While the hotel, the room and the food were excellent, the staff were mostly friendly, though totally unhelpful and some of them understood only a few words of English, the beds were terrible. Hilton advertises adjustable Garden Sleep System beds which would be great if they worked. Our party had several rooms and most of them said their beds did not adjust and were hard as a rock. We were there three nights and the two full days we were there, I talked to staff several times trying to get someone to fix our bed. The first day a man worked on the bed for an hour, found no reason for it not to work and said it should adjust in 15-60 min. It did not. When we saw him in the lobby later and told him it did not work, he said he would be back to look at it. We never saw him again. When I talked to one lady at the desk, she said everyone had different ideas about what was comfortable. That did not change the fact that the bed did not adjust. One time I asked that someone come back and fix the bed and the lady at the desk said someone would come. No one did. They did let me try the beds in three other rooms to see if we wanted to change rooms, but all three of those beds were broken also. Three times we were told they would have a pad put on the bed. It never arrived. After returning home, I e-mailed the manager at this hotel (Chris) and got no response. I then e-mailed the home office through the web-site, no response. If you like rock hard beds and do not happen to have any other issues while there, this is a fine hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
hgiccgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, September 30, 2010
Thank you for the feedback on your stay with us, and thanks also for pointing out the problem with contact info on our website. That has been fixed now. I am sorry that the beds were not what you were expecting. The adjustable Garden Sleep System beds are designed with the ability to make the mattress more firm or soft, but often times the difference in pressure is less than people would expect with other similar bed designs (like sleep number). While the beds can be adjusted, they are still engineered to evenly spread support and relieve pressure across the entire body, so you won't feel and "sinking in" feeling, even when the bed softens. More information on the HGI beds can found at the HGI website. Other Hilton brands do have different beds, so if ours doesn't work for you, Hamptons and Doubletrees have wonderful beds as well which are a completely different design. Thanks again for the feedback, I hope your travels in the future bring you a better experience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

In the past, I have had many opportunities, both business and pleasure, to stay in some of the best luxury and boutique hotels in the Denver area. My stay at the Denver Cherry Creek Hilton Garden Inn ranks right up there with the very best of them! The hotel is strikingly beautiful, conviently located and surrounded by fun places to eat. The staff, on all levels, is excellent. Pleasant, helpful and there was always someone available to assistant in any manner needed. Our rooms, though a tiny bit crowded, were clean, the beds comfortable and the bathroom immaculate. I will most definately be staying at this hotel again. As a matter of fact, my friends and I have already booked rooms for our next Rockies/shopping/dining excursion in September.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
hgiccgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 30, 2010
I want to thank you for taking the time to tell us how we are doing, and for spreading the word! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We sincerely look forward to seeing you again in September.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2010

Whoever makes the scones needs to start his own business. I young man made me an omelette and it was better than I have ever had!!

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thanks for the feedback on our property and our staff. We have been baking our scones in house for the last couple months, and we just started making our own granola on site as well! We are blessed to have such a talented and creative food and beverage staff, and to have great guests who recognize the extra effort. Thanks for the kind words and for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We hope to see you again soon.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

A first-rate and comfortable 'nest' for a good time in Denver. The room was spacious and very nice with all the amenities that we prefer. The casual next-door restaurants also suited us well. The one drawback is that the location is a bit 'stranded' from other attractions like shopping and a range of restaurants but the easy parking makes up for this.
Fresh cookies in the afternoon! There were other perks, too, including a welcoming staff.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
hgiccgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Thank you for staying with us. I am so happy to hear that you had a good visit. The best shopping in Denver is about a mile from us at Cherry Creek and Cherry Creek North. I hope you had a chance to visit that wonderful area. Thank you again for the feedback, and we look forward to being able to serve you again in the future.
Pittsburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for multiple nights in late June. It was clean and nicely appointed. We are Hilton Members and generally love HGIs. But I am posting to warn parents and ask them to please not patronize this hotel. There are many other fine hotels in the area. Our 7 yr old daughter woke up at 6 am the morning of our scheduled departure in severe pain. After several hours and calls to our home pediatrician and local nurse triage at Children's Hospital, we were advised she might have acute appendicitis and we spent the rest of the day (hours) at Children's Hospital, Denver, not far from this hotel. The hotel not only would not extend our stay (we had another young child with us) for that night, but the young staff was flatly uninterested, would not help us find anywhere else to stay, and clearly had Zero empathy. We sent hours in the ER juggling concerns for a sick child, conferences with her doctor, and the added burden of trying to find a place for our other young child to sleep that night. We were aghast that not only were we (Hilton members) kicked out of the hotel while our daughter was in the ER, but they rebuffed our requests to help us find somewhere else for our family (with children) to sleep that night. Our reservation was up, we had to clear out while our daughter was on her way to the ER. Period. We ultimately found another hotel outside Denver by another branch of Children's Hospital, where the manager expressed concern for our daughter and empathy for our experience as parents. The treatment we were subjected to at Cherry Creek HGI should not be sanctioned/tolerated by Hilton (or any caring, ethical company). If you are a parent, please support us in rejecting this treatment of families with a sick child.

Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
hgiccgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, July 20, 2010
I am very sorry to here about the circumstance surrounding the experience you had with us. All of our efforts in the hospitality industry are focused on helping people and making them feel welcome, and we failed you terribly in this regard. I understand that our staff tried very hard and successfully located other accommodations for you after the reservation at our facility had expired, but that never should have been necessary. Your difficult situation should have been taken into consideration, and your reservations should have been extended, whether the hotel was oversold or not. I offer my deepest apologies that our decision imposed additional hardship on you. I am glad that you have brought this to our attention, so that we can use this experience to continue training our staff so that this does not happen again to someone in situation where they need our help, and it is not extended. Please contact me directly if there is anything I can do to remedy this problem. Chris Cheney- General Manager

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!