“Excellent Rooms, Great Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast
Ranked #21 of 145 hotels in Denver
Indianapolis
“Excellent Rooms, Great Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during the week of October 21st. I was in town for a business and all the hotels downtown were full due to a big conference in town. The rooms were very clean and modern. The breakfast was awesome!!!! The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful.... The only downsize of this property was the parking issues. One day I spent over 40 minutes for valet to bring my car. There is no self parking due to a construction project.

Room Tip: Higher level away from the traffic.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hgiccgm, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Thank you for your review about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry you had to wait for you car when you were here, we've tried to get the wait times down as much as possible, when I meet with our valet manager this week, we'll review if some more adjustments are necessary. We are looking forward to getting the self park option back in a week or two. I'm glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us. Thanks again for your review.

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently spent four nights at this Hilton Garden Inn while doing business in Denver, and it was very pleasant. The room was comfortable and functional, and the hotel in general is clean. There is some construction going on outside, so each day the entrance/exit was slightly different. However, they had free valet parking for everyone (guests and visitors), and it was smoothly run. I swam in the pool and enjoyed the hot tub each morning, which was nice, as I was always the only one using them, and they are spotlessly maintained, with lot of available towels. The gym is also well equipped and clean. The people working there were friendly; my only complaint was that I went to their in-hotel bar one night with a friend (Zink) and we never got served! That was ridiculous. However, we didn't follow up, we just left. Overall, this was a nice place to stay. It wouldn't necessarily be my choice (it was selected and booked for me), but it was a reliable, clean, quiet place to stay, and I really liked their pool, their infused fruit water in the lobby (drink a lot of water to combat the altitude if you're not used to it!), and it was convenient to have a Panera next door for breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, however, I'll speak with our food and beverage team about not getting served in the bar. I want to apologize that it occurred, we like welcome everyone and I'm not sure what happened. I actually had Panera today for lunch, so I agree that is great to have near.
Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am not a big fan of the Hilton Hotel chain. While they have consistently clean and well decorated hotels, I personally resent the constant up charges for what many hotels give you for free. It's the little things that will drain your personal travel wallet-- like no free bottled water, or the lack of free continental or any breakfast. Most of them charge for parking. Some Hiltons even remove the in room coffee so that you have to go to their Starbucks franchise in the lobby. My company pays for the room, and my travel costs, but gives me a flat rate perdiem for all the rest. And the Hilton hotels costs me money in the long run.\

With that said, this Hilton hotel was clean and the service was excellent. It did feel a little cramped and small-- the way it is tucked behind the strip mall area, and the physical lobby space was extremely claustrophobic. It may have been the construction going on that made it feel that way. But driving in and out of that place made me stressed. If the constructions is completed, perhaps it is different.

On the plus side, it was nice to be able to walk around the back of the hotel to the strip mall with the three restaurants on the street side of Colorado Blvd. The Panera Bread is great...the Mediterranean restaurant was pretty tasty and not too expensive, and best of all the Mexican cafe (Sorry, I can't remember the names of the restaurants!)

This hotel is not within walking distance of much-- you could hoof it about 10 minutes down the road to Target, but it is a walk. You cannot walk to the Cherry Creek Mall. You pretty much need car for this location.

Overall, I was okay with my stay-- but not uber impressed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of your stay while you were here in the area. I'm sorry you feel that way about the HIlton chain, I understand that everyone has travel preferences, our Hilton Hhonors program is a great program for getting miles, and airline points together. I'm glad you felt our service was great, it's our belief that the employees are a vital part of any guest experience.
Bluffton, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

First of all, the amount of construction outside the hotel is unbelievable - so much so that there is only valet parking (complimentary). You enter the hotel from the backside and are told by the valet's it'll take about 1/2 hour to retrieve your car! Secondly, the hotel is NOT walking distance to the Cherry Creek Mall - it's a mile and a half away - the sidewalks are all torn up (where they do exist) and the remainder of the walk would be on a dirt path near a wooded area. There is NOWHERE to go by foot.
Once inside the hotel - it is lovely; the staff is courteous although some do not have a command of the English language. Hilton totally misrepresents this hotel on their site -not only with the construction, but also that it is walking distance to mall. We checked out of this hotel an hour after checking in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, I'm sorry you feel that we were misrepresented on our website. We do have that we are valet only for our parking option, but we are looking forward to getting our self parking option back in mid-November. I hope that you will try us again at that point when you're in the Cherry Creek area.
Casper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Lobby was nice and modern, front desk was friendly and helpful, the valets are quick and friendly as well. When the construction of the shopping center is complete it looks like it'll be a very convenient place to shop. The rooms are a bit small, but still very nice. You can adjust how soft / firm you want your mattress (theres a knob that you turn to the right or left to adjust, its on the right hand side of the pillow top mattress, towards the corner closest to the headboard, pull the cover that is sewn on on the bottom but Velcro on the sides to expose the knob) Shower was nice, tub is a bit shallow, but if your really that picky? Go to the hot tub or pool and enjoy a soak there ;) Cable tv (38 channels cable) black out curtains that REALLY work good! Microwave, mini fridge, Nice pillows and plenty of them, everything is CLEAN! So, why only 4 out of 5 for a rating? The size of the room is a bit small. Thats the only reason for 4 out of 5. The Pool isn't TOO warm, but its not freezing either, hot tub is... You guessed it, hot and bubbly! Fitness room is pretty good, business center is good, wireless and wired internet is FREE.

((As you may have read in other reviews its a bit aggravating to find out just where to turn to get the front desk off of Co. Blvd.. However, This should help ya'. As you get on CO. Blvd, go north, you'll see a King Soopers on your left, and Bally Gym on your right. Keep going till you see Firestone tires on your left, Then you turn right at the light JUST before Firestone Tires.You'll go to the back of the Hilton just to your left. There ya go. You in! :) ))

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review of our hotel on your recent stay. I'm glad you enjoyed our amenities, and we are looking forward to getting our self parking option back in mid-November.
Dulles, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

A big construction work is in progress right next to the hotel, which makes self-parking unavailable. They offer free valet parking as a compensation. Nice but still time consuming and not as convenient.
Friendly and efficient front desk staff is always something good. Free coffee/tea/cookies in the lobby is also a nice treat. I also liked the adjustable mattress since hotels usually have awfully soft bed which give me back pain.
Fairly good breakfast... but expensive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent review about the hotel, we are looking forward to getting our self parking option back soon, mid-November is the last we've heard. I'm glad to hear your impression of our staff, it's the people that make a hotel, and we're proud of our staff.
Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The rooms and furniture are up-to-date and look like new. This is
a hotel where the owner takes care of the property and the staff
treats the guests as if they are really welcome. It's also close to
upscale shopping and a variety of restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed our decor and style, and our staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Denver Cherry Creek? Share your experiences!