“Well rounded hotel with considerate staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1420 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Internet Deal
Ranked #11 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Kaysville
“Well rounded hotel with considerate staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The location of Embassy Suites on Stout Street in Denver is very convenient. It is in close proximity to 16th Street, the Denver Convention Center, The Denver Performing Arts Complex, and public rail transit. These venues give you multiple choices for dining, museums, and other tourist attractions in Denver. The rooms are clean rooms with a microwave and fridge. The complimentary breakfast provided each morning goes beyond the basic muffin and coffee provided at many hotels. They have quite a bit of variety to choose from and the quality is better than most as well. The best thing is the fresh omelets made by Tommy the chef. I recommend them. Tommy also directed us to some great dining locations near the hotel. The only thing I would like to have improved at the hotel was the pool and exercise room was a little small for my taste, but at least they had one.

Room Tip: I got the sense the most any room would be just fine.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for providing us with a great review on TripAdvisor! I'm glad that you were able to take advantage of Tommy's omelettes, as they are incredible! Please come visit us again real soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
thomasville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Amazing hospitality....and the food was wonderful - something you don't find in most hotels! Prices were very reasonable as well. The staff were very accommodating the entire trip. There were alot of nice restaurants nearby - which we did take advantage of, but the food was so good there, we ate several time. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Denver. Love Embassy Suites!

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

It's great to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! I also love eating at our restaurant Elements, they do have fantastic food! We hope that you will come visit us again soon!
North Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Had the pleasure of staying in this hotel for 1 night (has to unexpectedly leave due to medical emergency - was supposed to stay for 6 nights). First off, this hotel is beautiful !! The decor is exceptional, our 1 bedroom suite was very nice with a separate living area with sectional, tv, desk area, fridge and microwave, etc. The king-size bedroom was spacious, quiet, comfortable with a separate tv and ample closet/bureau space. Hotel has a lovely bar/restaurant area with great food!! The staff from housekeeping to valet attendants went above and beyond, very gracious, friendly, and accommodating. Had to urgently leave and they were right there helping us all the way. Management should be proud of their staff and hotel facilities - a true gem!!! Will go back to Denver someday and this is where I will stay !!! You won't be disappointed with this place !!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments you shared about our hotel and our staff! I'm sorry to hear that you had to leave so abruptly and hope everything worked out! I will make sure to share your comments with our entire team and we hope to see you again soon!
MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Embassy suites was fine but had no wow factor, at least for me.

Check in was perfunctory to the point of dismissive. Other staff members were pretty friendly, thought.

The elevators very buggy and had a long wait. Several times the keycard readers didn't register, so you couldn't go anywhere and had to offload and wait again.

Took 48 hours to notify me of a waiting package, which they left in my room. Two days, really?

Water on top floor had major airgaps. Shower was sometimes spraying, other times nonexistent. The temperature was well regulated, but the flow was spastic.

Aging of furnishings - carpet in hallways (Elevator bays) needs a serious scrub down; the sofa in my room had several ugly stains, and the bed had a serious sinkhole (flip the matresses, please.)

Valet was just bizarre. Left my car for ten minutes to go get my luggage at checkout, and they lectured me about filing a lost ticket, etc, and tried to persuade me that the car I just left was not my car. Very very strange. I had parked it on a surface lot nearby.

Despite all that, it is a nice, modern embassy suites.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I wanted to personally apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. I will be sure to pass along all of the feedback you provided to my team, so we can look into all of it. We take great pride in being one of the nicest Embassy Suites in the world, and we will do whatever it takes to live up to this standard. I hope you will come visit us again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This property is exceedingly convenient if you're going to the Denver Convention Center. Literally across the street, it doesn't get closer. With rates lower than the Hyatt across the street, and rooms larger - it might be an overall better choice.

Parking is valet only. They're quite efficient. We even had a special situation as it related to vehicles and the valets were all over it.

The building is new and was a green build. Lots of natural light throughout. The lobby being on the 4th floor is slightly clumsy when travelling with luggage, but they're ready to help. The rooms are all basically the same, but spacious and well maintained. I'm not a fan of Embassy Suites beds - and these were standard issue.

Breakfast was well done, as was the happy hour.

My only real beef is the low-flow shower head. Having worked on construction sites all day, I would have liked a really powerful shower to get really clean.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
I appreciate you choosing to stay at our hotel over the Hyatt! With all of our rooms being suites and the number of amenities we offer, our hotel is truly hard to beat! We strive to also provide the best customer service in the downtown area and hope that you will come visit us again real soon!
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

A less than two minute check in is always a good start. Allowed to check in early without issue. The room was quiet. I didn't hear another guest... Ever! Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Breakfast was as you would expect from other stays at Embassy Suites...great with plenty of options.
They will be my choice for LoDo in the future.
Of note, the valet parking is $31. I thought a little steep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the feedback you posted on TripAdvisor for us! We strive to have one of the quickest and most efficient check-ins in the area! We look forward to becoming your new "home away from home"!
Boise, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great service and a fantastic hotel. The Embassy staff were superb and well trained. The food and lodgings were excellent and the event center also well taken care of. The complimentary evening, hosted, happy hour was a great start to the stay as well.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for the wonderful feedback you provided us from your recent stay! I will make sure to share your comments with our team and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center? Share your experiences!