“Needs some improvement” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Needs some improvement”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I titled it needs some improvement because I think the service was sub par but it may be just the Denver way. I am from the south where service is served in a over the top polite way, do not expect that here. Rooms were nice. The pool is not heated so expect that. We really liked the location. If you are visiting Denver then it's perfect for "out of Towners" as everything is within walking distance. The infamous 16th street is 2 blocks over and we spent most of our time there. Do not be persuaded to use Valet, it's a ripoff. We parked in the lot across the street for 20 a day. Valet will charge you 33. Make sure you educate yourself on the RTD system if you plan on taking the train as it is very confusing. Overall we liked it, it wasn't perfect but you can't beat the breakfast buffet and the happy hour that's complimentary. Saves a lot with a family of 4.

• Stayed May 2012
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. We take great pride in being one of the top hotels in the Denver area. I wanted to apologize that your stay did not reflect this at all. I will be sure to follow up with our entire staff at the hotel and use your feedback as a training tool. Please feel free to contact me directly at Joe.Pilakowski@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com. Again I'm sorry this took place and I look forward to hearing from you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We've been to a lot of Embassy Suites and this is one of the best we've stayed at. Across from Convention Center, two blocks from 16th Street Mall attractions, the breakfast buffet is excellent, the bar area is pleasant and the staff is most helpful. You can't go wrong staying here. the only downside is the $30 a night parking fee....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and we appreciate the kind comments you shared! We hope you come stay with us again soon.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Stayed here for the second year in a row for the volleyball tournament. This is not only one of the best Embassy's I've ever stayed at but also one of the best Hilton properties I've stayed in. First, it's a well run, clean and a modern property, with an updated motif that you would normally find in top notch Hilton's. Staff is helpful and friendly. They serve the manager's reception on weekends, which I've never seen. Great location to the convention center and the downtown location provides lots of options for restaurants. My only complaint is the price of parking a car. $31 a night is just plain stupid and cost the hotel an excellent rating.

Room Tip: Forget paying for the "mountain view". It's not much to speak of. And don't park a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for providing us with some feedback from your recent stay at our hotel! We are glad that you chose to stay with us for the second year in a row! I apologize about our cost of parking, but our hotel is one of the cheapest in the downtown area and unfortunately parking is at a premium in the area. We would love to have you stay with us again next year!
Union, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Accomodations were luxurious and spacious. Very clean and new. We enjoyed the happy hour with drinks and appetizers as well as the made to order breakfast. Service was wonderful. We were there for business but felt like we were on vacation. The lobby was a great place to relax and enjoy the view inside and out. The open area inside the lobby up to the top floor was beautiful and the decor is impeccable. Our room on the 16th floor had a great view. At the end of our work day after dinner I relaxed in the living room watching a movie on HBO while my husband watched his basketball game in the bedroom. It felt more like a condo than a hotel.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the view from the 16th floor. You can see the city and the mountains.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
It's great to hear that you and your husband had a great stay at our hotel! We certainly appreciate all of the kind comments you shared and we are looking forward to seeing you both again!
Dallas, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

If you are visiting Denver and are looking for the best place to stay...don't look any further. This is it! I stayed at this hotel for THREE WEEKS (yes three) for training purposes and I could not stop raving about this place. Let me give some reasons why. First and foremost, the service is impeccable. From Front Desk, to Housekeeping to Breakfast Chefs, to front doormen....all are on point. The Front Desk staff was extremely friendly and greeted me with utmost courtesy ( I am 24...I still feel like a kid...so for me this is a big deal). The Managers are always friendly and always willing to accommodate to make your stay even better. The housekeeping staff is extremely friendly. I was greeted every morning by my housekeeper as she passed by and we have held a few friendly conversations during my extended stay. My room was always clean and immaculate. The amenities are brand new and the level of comfort is fantastic The gyms is a little small for the size of this place, so if you have a bunch of health nuts staying at your hotel, you will likely be waiting for a treadmill or to use the equipment. The doormen were always happy to give me directions to shopping places, grocery stores, and attractions. They were extremely efficient in getting me a cab as well whenever I needed it. The chef at breakfast (Brian) is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Always smiling, always asking about your day, and never ever making you feel like you were a burden (even if all you did was ask for a Denver omelet 3 weeks in a row!). I have yet to go to another hotel or even Embassy Suites, and find the caliber of service and quality like this hotel. The location is great. It is right next to the convention center and in the heart of downtown. You can even walk to 16th street and grab whatever your heart desires. Lots of food options! Do yourself a favor...just stay here.

By the way...I am writing this review 9 months after I stayed there. I am a frequent traveler and a Hilton Honors member...so I know my hotels. If I am still beaming about my stay 9 months later...imagine what I felt after I left.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to post such a great review nine months after your stay with us! I'm glad that our staff was able to make you feel welcome and we would love to have you come visit us again soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very nice downtown hotel, room are large and spacious. The hotel lobby is on the 4th floor which adds to the coolness factor! Staff was friendly and very accommodating... A very clean hotel and great location as you can walk to most places or take the free bus or light rail service! One small issue we had was the wifi was very slow...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay! I'm glad that you had a great time and we hope to see you again soon!
Berthoud, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Loved the location and the room was nice. Was surprised that when I got to my room I didn't have a shower curtain and when I asked the front desk I was treated like an idiot and was told they will bring me one, I was brought one and had to ask for someone to put it up. Besides this the room was great. I would be nervous to park here though... Had to meet a friend that was arriving after midnight from her flight and was shocked when I went to meet her in the parking area that there was atleast 20 people in the heated parking entrance. A guy playing a guitar, incredibly drunk group, people smoking etc.... And no one from the hotel around. I personally don't like the thought of the garage being a hang out area after paying $31 for valet. I will stay again but hopefully with this being a new hotel they will be making some changes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. My number one priority is the health and safety of our guests. Please contact me directly at Joe.Pilakowski@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com so I can speak directly with you about this matter. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center? Share your experiences!