“MY FAVORITE HOTEL! PERIOD!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1420 Stout Street, Denver, CO 80202 (Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Internet Deal
Ranked #9 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Dallas, Texas, United States
“MY FAVORITE HOTEL! PERIOD!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

If you are visiting Denver and are looking for the best place to stay...don't look any further. This is it! I stayed at this hotel for THREE WEEKS (yes three) for training purposes and I could not stop raving about this place. Let me give some reasons why. First and foremost, the service is impeccable. From Front Desk, to Housekeeping to Breakfast Chefs, to front doormen....all are on point. The Front Desk staff was extremely friendly and greeted me with utmost courtesy ( I am 24...I still feel like a kid...so for me this is a big deal). The Managers are always friendly and always willing to accommodate to make your stay even better. The housekeeping staff is extremely friendly. I was greeted every morning by my housekeeper as she passed by and we have held a few friendly conversations during my extended stay. My room was always clean and immaculate. The amenities are brand new and the level of comfort is fantastic The gyms is a little small for the size of this place, so if you have a bunch of health nuts staying at your hotel, you will likely be waiting for a treadmill or to use the equipment. The doormen were always happy to give me directions to shopping places, grocery stores, and attractions. They were extremely efficient in getting me a cab as well whenever I needed it. The chef at breakfast (Brian) is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Always smiling, always asking about your day, and never ever making you feel like you were a burden (even if all you did was ask for a Denver omelet 3 weeks in a row!). I have yet to go to another hotel or even Embassy Suites, and find the caliber of service and quality like this hotel. The location is great. It is right next to the convention center and in the heart of downtown. You can even walk to 16th street and grab whatever your heart desires. Lots of food options! Do yourself a favor...just stay here.

By the way...I am writing this review 9 months after I stayed there. I am a frequent traveler and a Hilton Honors member...so I know my hotels. If I am still beaming about my stay 9 months later...imagine what I felt after I left.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
We certainly appreciate you taking the time to post such a great review nine months after your stay with us! I'm glad that our staff was able to make you feel welcome and we would love to have you come visit us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Very nice downtown hotel, room are large and spacious. The hotel lobby is on the 4th floor which adds to the coolness factor! Staff was friendly and very accommodating... A very clean hotel and great location as you can walk to most places or take the free bus or light rail service! One small issue we had was the wifi was very slow...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for providing us with feedback from your recent stay! I'm glad that you had a great time and we hope to see you again soon!
Berthoud, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Loved the location and the room was nice. Was surprised that when I got to my room I didn't have a shower curtain and when I asked the front desk I was treated like an idiot and was told they will bring me one, I was brought one and had to ask for someone to put it up. Besides this the room was great. I would be nervous to park here though... Had to meet a friend that was arriving after midnight from her flight and was shocked when I went to meet her in the parking area that there was atleast 20 people in the heated parking entrance. A guy playing a guitar, incredibly drunk group, people smoking etc.... And no one from the hotel around. I personally don't like the thought of the garage being a hang out area after paying $31 for valet. I will stay again but hopefully with this being a new hotel they will be making some changes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I sincerely apologize for your experience at our property and appreciate your feedback. My number one priority is the health and safety of our guests. Please contact me directly at Joe.Pilakowski@embassysuitesdenverdowntown.com so I can speak directly with you about this matter. We hope to see you again soon!
Rumson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

If you are participating in an event or conference at the Colorado Convention Center (CCC) this is an idea location. The hotel if bright, fresh, and offers well appointed rooms. As an added bonus, a Starbucks is right next to the hotel; awesome for an early morning espresso before a long work day. Just walk across the street and you are at the Convention Center.

WiFi is $9.95 a day unless your are a Hilton Gold or Platinum member, which then makes it free. The restaurant in the hotel has a limited wine list and serves enjoyable food but nothing memorable. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the beds were very comfortable.

Checkin is located on the 4th floor, so if you don't like elevators you have to walk up 4 flights.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I'm glad that you enjoyed your most recent stay at our hotel! We appreciate the great comments you shared and look forward to seeing you again!
Libertyville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Nice, new downtown Denver hotel. An Embassy Suites that reminds me of a W Hotel. The lobby on 4th floor -- that got me thinking of the W. The lobby decor is very cool. Nice place to hand out. Rooms large and well-furnished like most Embassy Suites are.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for providing us with a great review from your recent stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I would highly recommend Embassy Suites Downtown Denver to anyone for business or pleasure. The ambiance was lavishly modern and very clean. One of the best features was the complimentary breakfast, and I don't mean stale bagels and old coffee. The breakfast buffet offered anything you could desire for breakfast including a cooked to order omelet station equipped with all the fixings. The service of hotel and wait staff were impeccable. Tommy, a culinary staff member offered to make me freshly scrambled eggs even though they were still available on the buffet. He also made my husband an omelet Togo. He went above and beyond what I would have expected for service! In addition to starting your day off right with a delicious free breakfast, you can look forward to the end of your day at the Manager's Reception and enjoy complimentary cocktails and snacks! If you're staying in Denver, stay here for great food, service and location to popular attractions.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
It's good to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel recently! I will be sure to share your comments with Tommy. He is a valued member of our team and we are lucky to have him! We hope you come visit us again soon.
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We really liked this hotel. It was located in the perfect spot for us. We were intown in the beginning of December 2012 for a Bronco game. We were able to walk to all of the good spots. Restaurants, shopping, entertainment.....it was great. The indoor pool was nice and warm perfect since it was the middle of winter. Complementary breakfast was great. We kept missing the evening happy hour so I can't comment :-( We will be back next year!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for providing us with a great review on TripAdvisor! We are all looking forward to next season with the Denver Broncos and can't wait to have you stay with us again!

Been to Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center? Share your experiences!