“Very good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center
Ranked #5 of 147 hotels in Denver
Lincoln, NE
“Very good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Check in and out were seamless and the valet staff was always friendly and attentive. In many ways, this is the best Embassy Suites at which I've stayed.

Love the breakfast and afternoon receptions. Weekends can get busy in the breakfast area, so if you can get down there early, you might miss the lines. The breakfast area also seems a little inefficient...plates are on one side, in one place only...meaning that if you stand in line for an omelet without a plate, you may lose your place in line. Omelets to order are the best bet. Finally a glass of oj was spilled on my chair by one of the DR attendants while I was up. Good thing I looked, because the chair was soaked and pushed in.

Don't forget to take your room key with you if you use the elevator. You CANNOT get to your floor without it (although you can take the stairs). This is day or night.

Location is great. About a six block walk to the Denver Art Museum and to Larimer Street. Shopping is close and the convention center is right across the street. Decent downtown restaurants are within easy walking distance. Always felt safe.

Room Tip: Rooms that surround the Atrium can get a little noisy, but you don't really hear it in the bedro...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we certainly love to hear all of the wonderful comments about our staff! We take great pride in being one of the top hotels in the Denver area. Please make sure to come visit us again soon!

1,197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Vancouver, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The Embassy Suites is nearly brand new (2 years old; is a construction site in Google's street view) and it was thoughtfully designed. It's perfectly situated, located across the street from the convention centre entrance and the big blue bear - no hotel is closer. Truly one of the best-decorated lobbies I've seen, with floor-to-ceiling windows, a two-storey water feature, ponds, uplit birch trunks as a decorative feature, and huge comfy chairs in cocktail groupings. The business centre, pool, and fitness room are near Registration in the lobby, which feels safer/more secure (note that the lobby is the 4th floor; street level is 1st floor – also, access to guest room levels require a key card in the elevator).

The included breakfast buffet (made-to-order omelettes, french toast, pancakes, potatoes, sausage, bacon, fresh fruit, breads, pastries) means that you can quickly grab a meal before you day begins. The manager's reception (5:30-7:30) means you can end your day with wine/beer/spirits and some munchies, hanging out in the gorgeous lobby (all food is provided off the lobby).

The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, with Crabtree & Evelyn toiletries, and single-serve coffee or tea. Windows do open, though you can then hear the trolley bells quite loudly! Note that there are no robes provided. This is a Silver LEED hotel, meaning it's very energy efficient, so some room lights will take a while to get to full brightness, and the shower flow is weak.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review about your recent stay with us! We are glad that you loved our hotel so much and we agree that we are lucky to work for such a beautiful hotel! I hope that you will come visit us sooner rather than later!
Holland Landing, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

North Metro chorus from Toronto, Ontario stayed at the Embassy Suites for our recent International Competition and it was first rate from start to finish. The service of all staff was excellent, Maria our housekeeping gal was amazing as was Tommy our omelet chef! I do not remember staying at a quieter hotel which I am sure is supported by the layout. Love the atrium feel, the full breakfast and the managers reception though we didn't get to take advantage of it often! I will look for Embassy Suites in the future for sure!

Room Tip: We were in a room ending in 29 and loved the location!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
We are so happy that you chose to stay at our hotel all the way from Ontario, Canada. We certainly appreciate the comments about our staff, as this is something we take pride in! I hope you had a safe trip back home and please come see us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

We had the pleasure of visiting Denver for the Sweet Adeline International Competition. The staff at this hotel really put our visit over the top. Everyone, from the housekeeping staff, the dining room staff, and the front desk were wonderful. Always ready with a smile and pleasant attitude, it was fabulous! Thanks Jeremiah!

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your recent stay on TripAdvisor! I will be sure to share your comments with Jeremiah as well. I hope that you had fun with the Sweet Adelines and we hope to see you again soon!
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have always enjoyed staying at Embassy Suites Hotels, but honestly I have never put ES at the top of my list. (I'm typically a Hyatt type.) But this stay at Embassy Suites in Denver has converted me. I will always seek out an Embassy Suite in the future.

The hotel was beautiful, comfortable and convenient--all that was outstanding. But the highlight of the stay was Tommy, the young man who makes omelets in the morning. People like him--who put so much more into what could be a fairly mundane job--deserve special recognition. Rather than dread waiting for my omelet, I thoroughly enjoyed talking to Tommy as he cooked. And he did this with everybody--asking them where they are from, etc. Just a delightful young man.

Beyond Tommy, all the staff who worked during the Manager's Reception and who staffed the bar in the evening, were all outstanding. These folks who come to work every day for not-great wages are a tremendous asset to Embassy Suites in general (you have my business), and this hotel in particular. This is usually a sign of compassionate and skillful management. Kudos all around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Joe P, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
I'm glad that you experienced a great stay at our hotel! Tommy is a great asset to our team and we are lucky to have him. We would love to make the Embassy Suites your new "home away from home". Please contact me directly on your next trip to Denver and it would be my pleasure to assist you with reservations!
Bloomington, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Other reviews have this as outstanding, but I'm not sure I would go that far. The room was nice, and of course it was a suite because that is what is expected here. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge. The bed and shower were decent. They pride themselves on the "managers reception" and free breakfast (both of which you pay for in the rate), but the drinks in the evening were so bad I couldn't drink them and itfelt like you were in a cattle pen to get those drinks, and the breakfast was pretty bad (horrible juice and bacon that seemed pre-fab). Even though the hotel is new, the couch in our room was stained. The exercise room was nice but the indoor pool was too small to swim laps. Overall, it felt like more of a downscale convention hotel and I think other nearby hotels may have been better for the price. Also, the walls are thin. We could hear the trains outside every time they came by, and we could hear our neighbors toilet and shower.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room on a higher floor because of the traffic noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor! We certainly value your feedback and will use it as a training tool for our staff moving forward. I will be sure to share your comments with all of our departments. We look forward to having you stay with us again!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the last week of October and first week of November 2012 for the Sweet Adelines Convention. The hotel was clean and very modern. The rooms were spacious and I loved that all the rooms looked down into the atrium. The all-you-can-eat breakfast was spectacular! Tommy made the best omelet I've ever tasted. He even came to watch the contest! The staff was incredibly friendly - especially the valets. We used Abdul to pick us up and drop us off at the airport. He was very knowledgeable, polite, timely and friendly! The happy hours were a wonderful treat - even though they ran out of red wine :) Our room faced 16th Avenue and it was quite noisy....good thing I brought ear plugs. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to everyone!!

Room Tip: Don't ask for rooms that face 16th Avenue....very noisy.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for all of the kind comments you had about our hotel! I'm glad that Tommy was able to make it out to the contest, as I heard it was an amazing show. We were excited to have you stay with us and look forward to the next trip!

Been to Embassy Suites Denver - Downtown / Convention Center? Share your experiences!