“Very Mixed” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #73 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Virginia
“Very Mixed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

To begin with, I was supposed to reach Jackson, WY with a connecting flight to Chicago. Our flight to Chicago got cancelled due to some storms, so we were rerouted to Denver and had a night layover. We stayed the night at the Red Lion. We get to the hotel and I ask the young man to ensure that we have 2 queen beds since we have 2 young children. The young man, at 2AM and after such a long day, tells me that we actually booked a King room. Fair enough, I ask him if I can upgrade to a room with two queens. He gives me the most attitude and makes my family and I wait for a solid 45 minutes. On top of that, I ask him for an extra key because I wanted to get some toiletries from the 7-11 across the road since we didn't have our luggage and he denies our request.

The actual room was very spacious and was like your typical Holiday Inn, Best Western, etc. Same with breakfast. Next day, the front desk lady was very attentive and helpful.

Probably our bad luck to run into the rude young man late in the night. God knows. Overall, very mixed stay, probably won't recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Xochitl S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Redskins2971,

Thank you for taking your time to review on trip advisor,
Please accept my sincerest apologies about our front desk staff.
I can imagine how frustrated you felt. I have taken your feedback and shared it with our staff. We will make every effort so this doesn’t happen again.
If you are ever in our area please stop by at the hotel.
Hope we hear from you soon.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Riverside, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

FIrst, the frustration starts when the airline connection in Denver is missed...not the hotel's fault
Second, luggage didn't arrive...not the hotel's fault
Third...it is midnight by the time I arrive at the hotel...again, not the hotel's fault
Hotel is overbooked, even though the "airline reservation center" booked me a room here.
Then in walks a large group of friends...about 8 of them getting the bad news that the airline reservations systems had again oversold the hotel.
Once paperwork is all entered, there is one room left and thank goodness I got it. Not sure what happened to the group that came after me. Felt a little bad for them.
Get into my room. Bed was very comfortable and nice hot shower.
BUT....do NOT get a room by the elevator. Sooooo loud about every 20 minutes you can hear it go up or down.
Grabbed an instant oatmeal and banana for breakfast FREE and off to the airport again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Denise T,
Thank you for reviewing Trip advisor,
I know how it is going through the airport sometimes, It can be a little crazy there. I am glad that we were able to find you a room, also I am sorry your room was next to the elevator, I am glad to hear you were able to get some breakfast before leaving to the airport.

San francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here cause we got some friends that we visited and we have a very early flight so we just decided to stay in a hotel which is near at the airport. The rooms are very spacious and the front desk are very helpful. Fast check in and the breakfast are nice too.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ingrid H,
Thank you for taking the time to review on trip advisor,
Thank you for staying at the Red Lion Inn & Suites and I am glad to hear you had a great time in our hotel.
Vail
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Fortunately, I checked their web site, and didn't find the confirmation. Called, and ended up speaking with the manager, who found the reservation, acknowledged the rate I was given, $159 for one night with 28 days parking, but refused to honor it! Her only offer was to cancel without apology, which of course I did.

Judge for yourself...

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Vailperson,
Thank you for taking your time to review on trip advisor, I am sorry to hear that the rate that was given to you wasn’t what the hotel had. We try to help our guest as much as we can.
I hope the next time you are in our area you could stop by and check us out.
Have a great day.
Once again thank you for your review
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Paid for 1 night- (then paid for an extra night because we had an afternoon flight the next day and they had no late check out-decided to hang out here instead of the airport.)

Got stuck in elevator they had to call fire department. That was not fun.

Got home found THEY CHARGED ME CLEANING FEE 50.00 on top of 2 nights Had a flight delay and had to stay over an extra 24 hours. Ordered pizza and there was a beer store across the street.

Paid for 1 night- (then paid for an extra night because we had an afternoon flight the next day and decided to hang out here instead of the airport.)

Got stuck in elevator they had to call fire department. That was fun (not)

Got home found THEY CHARGED ME A CLEANING FEE of 50$$ on top of 2 nights stay ( and we only stayed 1 night!) apparently because we left 2 pizza boxs and a 12 pack of beer cans in the room. Extra trash fee? really? there was a huge stain on the bed which they think we left? I guess we should have asked for another room so we wouldn't get blamed-
totally bummed and disappointed.

Called to talk to a manager several times and no one has ever returned my call... Poor management and bummed this had to happen on our trip to Denver...

I would not recommend after being treated this way.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Islamonroe,
Thank you for reviewing on trip advisor, I am sorry to hear the experience you went through. I am sorry you got stuck in the elevator and the only way out was to call the fire department. Also I am glad that your stay was great.
If you are ever in our area please feel free to give us a call

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stayed here when my flight was canceled and I needed to stay an extra night in Denver. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The room was nice and roomy with a king sized bed. It also had a refrigerator and microwave, and a sleeper sofa.

The hotel is clean and right next to a 7-Eleven so you can get food to cook in the microwave since there is not room service.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Melay D,
Thank you for taking your time to review on trip advisor. I am glad the room was great for you, also that the staff was a big help. I hope you enjoyed your stay with us.
Have a great day,
I hope we hear from you again.

Thank you for staying at the Red Lion Inn & Suites

Nampa, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

After missing my flight, the airlines sent me to this hotel for the night until the next day when I could catch the next flight out from DIA to my home. It was a pleasant night even though I didn't have my luggage. A toothbrush and toothpaste was provided, as well as a nice bed and a very good breakfast the next morning. It was very quiet which was pleasant for sleeping. Even though I had to wait another day to get my flight home, this hotel was more than adequate for comfort that I desired after a weary day of delays and traveling.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear codysmomnow,
Thank you for taking your time to review your stay with us,
I am glad to hear that your stay was perfect, and I am glad you had a pleasant night and morning with us. At the Red Lion Inn & Suites,
If you are ever in our area, come on in and say hi.
GM

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Denver Airport? Share your experiences!