My wife and I spent one night at the Hyatt House near DIA following a week in Moab. We had driven back to Denver to be close to the airport for a flight out the next morning. I did a little searching for something close to DIA and actually found several nice places all clustered in the area. The Hyatt House looked like the best value (not the least expensive, but from what I could tell from the reviews and the websites it seemed to be a good deal). I think I made a good choice.
The hotel is located on Tower Road, just south of Pena Blvd and only a few minutes from the rental car return locations, so very convenient for travel. It appears to be a new establishment and has a open and modern look from the outside and in the lobby area. Check is was straight forward (we had actually prepaid through Expedia), so it was just a matter of grabbing keys and heading to the room. The one thing we were looking for was a place to eat; there is not an onsite restaurant at the Hyatt House. However, we soon learned why.
Once we got t the room (again, slow elevators in the hotel…what is up with that!?!) we found a very nice little apartment. Full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, small sitting/office area, kingsize bed in the sleeping area and a very nice a fairly large batch. All new and very nicely decorated. There was a good size flat screen TV (around 50 inch) that sat in the partition between the sitting and sleeping areas, and was on a swivel so that it was viewable from either area.
The room was well appointed. All the expected amenities in the bathroom (soap, shampoo, hairdryer, etc.) and in the kitchen (looked to have all the pots, pans and dishes needed to set up shop for an extended stay).
There was a free happy hour going on when we arrived, so we checked it out after moving into the room. Tonight had a Mexican flair, but it was not that appetizing. The management holds these events Monday through Thursday evening.
Decent free breakfast bar; not extensive and still a decent variety. Good enough for a quick morning bite.
So this worked out as a great place for us for the one night. I would certainly stay here again if I needed a place close to DIA. I think this would make a great base for a longer term business trip.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Denver Airport Hotel
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites Denver Airport Hotel Denver
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Summerfield Suites is now HYATT house™. We invite you to enjoy our comfy spaces and inviting places that let your real-life routines roll on during your long-term stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Venere, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your HYATT house Denver Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.