“I was just looking for a clean place to sleep close to the airport…this was so much more.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of HYATT house Denver Airport

Save Saved
You added HYATT house Denver Airport to your Saves list
HYATT house Denver Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18741 East 71st Avenue, Denver, CO 80249 (Denver International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay.Fly
Ranked #32 of 148 hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My wife and I spent one night at the Hyatt House near DIA following a week in Moab. We had driven back to Denver to be close to the airport for a flight out the next morning. I did a little searching for something close to DIA and actually found several nice places all clustered in the area. The Hyatt House looked like the best value (not the least expensive, but from what I could tell from the reviews and the websites it seemed to be a good deal). I think I made a good choice.

The hotel is located on Tower Road, just south of Pena Blvd and only a few minutes from the rental car return locations, so very convenient for travel. It appears to be a new establishment and has a open and modern look from the outside and in the lobby area. Check is was straight forward (we had actually prepaid through Expedia), so it was just a matter of grabbing keys and heading to the room. The one thing we were looking for was a place to eat; there is not an onsite restaurant at the Hyatt House. However, we soon learned why.

Once we got t the room (again, slow elevators in the hotel…what is up with that!?!) we found a very nice little apartment. Full kitchen with stainless steel appliances, small sitting/office area, kingsize bed in the sleeping area and a very nice a fairly large batch. All new and very nicely decorated. There was a good size flat screen TV (around 50 inch) that sat in the partition between the sitting and sleeping areas, and was on a swivel so that it was viewable from either area.

The room was well appointed. All the expected amenities in the bathroom (soap, shampoo, hairdryer, etc.) and in the kitchen (looked to have all the pots, pans and dishes needed to set up shop for an extended stay).

There was a free happy hour going on when we arrived, so we checked it out after moving into the room. Tonight had a Mexican flair, but it was not that appetizing. The management holds these events Monday through Thursday evening.

Decent free breakfast bar; not extensive and still a decent variety. Good enough for a quick morning bite.

So this worked out as a great place for us for the one night. I would certainly stay here again if I needed a place close to DIA. I think this would make a great base for a longer term business trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
HSSDIA, Front Office Manager at HYATT house Denver Airport, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We appreciate your comments and hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at (303) 628-7777.

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Lewes, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I spent one night here on our way out of Denver. We paid $139 for what was basically an apartment with a nice kitchen, spacious bathroom, living area, and very comfortable bed. I did not find the room to be basic, as another reviewer stated. There was a laundry on our floor so my husband was able to get some of his clothes washed before returning home. A social hour - with beer, wine and heavy appetizers that could certainly be enough for dinner - was included at night as well as breakfast the next morning. The airport shuttle left on time and the ride was less than 10 minutes. Can't get any better than that. When we have to spend a night at an airport in the future, Hyatt House will be our first preference.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Greeley, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We decided to stay here because it had gotten such great reviews. We had an early flight out, and thought it would be fun to get a hotel room. It was SO nice! The people were ultra friendly...first time I've ever gotten a card from the front desk. Super clean, (and I am a neat freak), good breakfast, lots of snacks and great wines to choose from. And there are two pretty fun restaraunts right across the street. I don't recall hearing any airplane noise, which I was a little concerned about. They shuttled us to the airport, picked us up on our return, and let us leave our car in the parking lot while we were gone. There is a little kitchen area, a great bathroom, and the bed was the best hotel bed I've EVER slept on. So soft and comfy, unlike all the other hard hotel mattresses that we've slept on. Even my husband was happy, and he's just as picky as me, if not more so. Definitely recommend, and that's saying a lot because I totally have hotel anxiety. I carry my own lysol wipes, and spend the first 30 minutes wiping everything down, and no one is allowed to go barefoot. I was able to relax and enjoy myself. That was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Los Altos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I picked this location because I needed to catch an early flight the next morning. It is easy access to rental car return and terminal. Note that it is 5-10 min drive and not across from airport like some cities. Within walking distance of several other similar hotels, gas station/convenience store and restaurants.

Hotel was very new, clean and bright. Rooms were small but packed with amenities - kitchenette, sofa, flat screen, desk, large bed and bathroom. Wi-fi is free in the room. Free dinner and breakfast in a nice lounge area. Hotel is situated in an open prairie which provided for an amazing sunrise upon departure. Construction is underway nearby but wasn't a distraction during my visit.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Warwickshire UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

With the second part of its name starting with a lower case ‘h’ it does make you wonder what you are letting yourself in for at Hyatt house!

A multibreed crossed with 4/5 star and budget the first impression is that it is welcoming, lacks fuss and finesse but does the job. And it certainly does; it is basic but exceptionally clean and well presented.

The basic room is a studio with a kitchen living area bedroom and bathroom. The kitchen is fully equipped so that if you are minded to cook then you can. In the alternative, should you desire fast food, then there is a small area of ‘convenience’ type food ready for the microwave.

If you are looking for a hotbed of fun and partying then this hotel is not for you; it does have an indoor pool and an adequate gym. Breakfast and Dinner comprise of a few bottles of wine and whatever the kitchen can pull together – they are free!

With free internet, printing facilities and relatively close proximity to the airport I would certainly visit again – the only downside is that it literally is in the middle of nowhere….

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Laurium, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the last night of our trip. We had a very early flight, so we decided to return our rental car the night before and take the shuttle from the hotel straight to the airport. The woman at the front desk sent the driver to pick us up at the car rental location and they were there before us!! The gym is great and the pool is nice as well. The social hour they had was crazy! They had pretty tasty wine and some decent food you could eat for FREE!!! We were shocked at this. The room was clean and I am very picky on cleanliness! We would definitely stay here again. Also, besides a nice property, the staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

LONG GROVE, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

My business deal didn't pan out, so the business part of my trip was cut short--but to move my flight up two days, it would have cost me $650, so I opted to stay. I didn't want the type of dingy hotel room I had in Casper, WY, so I drove down to Denver for my flight and paid $10 more a night for a much better hotel and experience than I had up there. I love their rooms here--very spacious, clean, well-equipped for internet and TV (lots of channels), plus all the amenities I would need to camp out for a couple of days (refrigerator, MW, plates/silverware, large shower, etc).

The staff was very friendly and helpful, including good tips on which restaurants would deliver good food. The shuttle picked me up from the car rental place, which saved me the time and hassle of taking Enterprise's shuttle to the airport and then having the Hyatt House shuttle pick me up there (Enterprise wouldn't take me to the hotel, obviously). In the morning, the shuttle driver also took me to the Starbucks 4 miles away! (I didn't have to ask, either--when I asked if there was a SB nearby, they told me where it was and offered to take me if I didn't have a car) They have a security guard on at night, and they periodically patrol the lot, so that's great if you have a car.

I slept in, so I didn't experience the breakfast, but a couple of other guests told me that it puts to shame the fare you get at a typical breakfast-included hotel.

Overall, a very comfortable and homey place to whittle away a couple of days. And because I really wanted to be home with my family, homey was exactly what I needed to make the wait much more bearable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Hyatt House

Been to HYATT house Denver Airport? Share your experiences!