“Great Outing for Dad & Son” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 107 Attractions in Denver
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
Illinois
16 attraction reviews
“Great Outing for Dad & Son”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Really cool selection of vehicles to see. The train engine is massive. Very happy we chose to come here to beat the Denver heat.

Clinton, New Jersey
59 attraction reviews
“Mostly older cars and some unusual items”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We have gone to several car museums and this one was larger than most. There was an impressive display of very old cars and rare unusual things you don't see everywhere. There are not too many cars from the later years. The brochure said there were 500 cars-where are they? They also had a lot of motor cycles and old carriages. For the ladies, there are mannequins dressed in the era of the car they are displayed with. The museum is so large that they have an entire Big Boy locomotive inside and a couple of other cars like the dining car. They have a big collection of match box cars too. Seems they have been lucky to receive several generous donations of items. It is in an industrial area, not the best of Denver.

Nashville
68 attraction reviews
“Very old and cool pieces of transportation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I love old things, so I knew I'd like this museum. It took me about 1 1/2 hrs to go thru it all, although I did skip a few of the cars because they looked so similar to me. I learned a lot; for instance, I'm a huge fan of Henry Ford, yet I did not know that the Model T originally came in green and red! It was only when it was offered only in black that it became affordable, thus leading us to where we are today in many areas.

There were a few trains, one of which is called "The Big Boy". They have replicas of dining cars and people in there, traveling in a sophisticated form which was the way back then.

One of my favorite sections was the motorcycle section. Before you go, rent the movie, "The World's Fastest Indian" and you'll appreciate the Indian cycles a little more. And the bikes! I never remember a bike with 4 seats. They even had a couple of tricycles.

The ONLY suggestion I have is that the signs sometimes appeared to be missing? I don't know, it was difficult to determine which sign went w/ which car sometimes.

In any event, GO. It was really fun. Oh, you have to leave your purses and backpacks in the car. I didn't care for that. Someone asked why and was told because someone actually stole a piece off a car once. People!

Cleveland, Tennessee
30 attraction reviews
“Cars, trains and 'cycles...worth a couple of hours.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Overall, this is probably just an 'average' car (transportation) museum with the eclectic arrangement of older cars (1900's-30's), a few examples of rail history (engines, passenger cars, etc), a fair assortment of motorcycles and a nice group of models and toys. I rated it 'very good' based on the special showing of some very nice 'woody' wagons. The 'woody's' were, for the most part, of high quality and in excellent original and/or restored condition. According to their web site, the 'woody's' are due to leave May 31. Some other 'special' exhibits are on schedule to replace the woody's. Suggest you check out the web site for specifics. Yes, it was worth the 2 hours I spent and you'll probably agree when you go.

Visited May 2013
Littleton, Colorado, United States
13 attraction reviews
“Amazing Collection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I've been to a number of auto/transportation museums, but this one has an amazing collection. The large trains alone are so incredible. The time I went they had a T-Bird collection that covered every year. There's also a motorcycle collection if you're into two wheels.

Been to Forney Transportation Museum? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Forney Transportation Museum, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.