“Great Bloody Mary bar” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Second Home Kitchen & Bar

Second Home Kitchen & Bar
150 Clayton Ln, Denver, CO 80206-5675 (Cherry Creek)
+1 303-253-3000
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Second Home Kitchen & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 2,508 restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Home Style
Neighborhood: Cherry Creek
Cross street: 1st and Clayton Lane
Description: Second Home offers honest food accompanied by an abundant selection of micro-brewed beers and international wines, in a warm and sophisticated setting. All of this comes without pretense and with all the comforts of a grand, mountain retreat. Second Home is a nod to well-appointed coziness. With one arm around modern comfort food and the other out-stretched around a warm, ambient, fire-lit setting. We look forward to your visit!
Wheat Ridge, Colorado
“Great Bloody Mary bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Loved the Bloody Mary bar & the BACON is awesome!! Stopped in on Sunday for bfast. Food was good, service was excellent. male Manager made us feel right at home (or should I say "Second Home"? Ha!)

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Newhall, California, USA
“What an amazing experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

If your ever in Denver slip into the JW Marriott in Cherry Creek. They have a restaurant called Second Home on site which includes bottomless mimosas and a bloody mary bar that has everything in your kitchen and things you wished you had in your kitchen! 50 ingredients in all not to mention the bloody mary and mixes which have you coming back for more....$9 each! The food, ahhhhhh, the food. I had poached eggs on top of fresh salmon (lox) I wish I could attach the pictures I took of my meals. JW, hats off to your staff, amenities, service and did I mention the best location in Denver!

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Good food and great buzz”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We at here on a Friday night and the bar area and restaurant were buzzing. Very generous portion sizes and the food was good, but mine was a bit over-seasoned. Beware being given the option to stay in the bar whilst awaiting your table; our table was given away and we were told we'd have to wait at least an hour for another. Given that it was the suggestion of the front-of-house girl that we could finish our drink at the bar before coming over for our table I was naturally a bit peeved. She did pick up on this and quickly found us a table! Perhaps make a reservation if here at the weekend?

Visited September 2013
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

We came to Denver to visit our grandchildren and our 7 year old grandson chose this spot for dinner. The children had a pizza which was really good and really pleasing to the eye. I was surprised to find matzah ball soup. Again very good. No complaints here. The service was super and very warm and welcoming. Plenty of choices for the family.

Visited October 2013
Centennial, Colorado
“Fairly disappointing considering the other reviews.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went here for breakfast based on the other rave reviews. First, I was surprised that it was inside a hotel, and second that their breakfast menu was extremely limited. Omelettes were not even listed on the menu. I ordered the Elvis style pancakes that came with bananas, peanut butter, whipped cream and bacon. I declined the whipped cream. When they arrived, they had no bananas and no peanut butter. I was informed that in order to get the peanut butter I had to get the whipped cream. No idea why the bananas weren't there. One refill of coffee after about 30 minutes and the place was no more than 1/2 full. Bill for the two of us, pancakes & basic breakfast & one coffee, was $23 before tip. I just don't see any reason to go back here for breakfast. Maybe if you have little kids and like fruit loops.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sandra M, Public Relations Manager at Second Home Kitchen & Bar, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi John,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Second Home. I want to personally appologize for the experience you had when you were in for brunch. I've taken your feedback and shared it with our culinary team and managers. We then shared your review with the staff and have utilized your feedback to highlight some service standards that were missed during your time in. I want you to know that the type of service you received and the error with your meal is not common at Second Home and we are working with the staff to ensure it doesn't happen again. I'd like the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience so I can give my staff some one on one feedback. Whenever you have time, I can be reached through the contact information found on the Trip Advisor listing for the restaurant. I hope we'll get to speak soon.
Sandra