“Bed Bugs!!! Don't stay here!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Freedom Package
Ranked #25 of 148 Hotels in Denver
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Bed Bugs!!! Don't stay here!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2006

The area where this hotel is located (in a business park) is scary if you arrive or depart after dark. When you walk into the hotel you think it is wonderful. Well, when you walk in, it IS beautiful. However, when you get to your room things take a turn for the worse. The "suite" is a stock hotel room. Nothing fancy..very dry and business looking.

I stayed at this hotel on the second floor, right off the elevator on Oct 8th, 2006. It was horrible! When we walked into the room it had a pungent sweet odor--- little did I know that the smell was being emitted by bed bugs who would soon bite me as I hopped into bed after a long drive in the pouring rain from Northern Colorado! The bathroom looked like it has not been cleaned. There were marks on the floor that looked like something of wet dirty feet. The toilet is white so you definitely saw the huge green snot that was dried onto the toilet seat. There were no sheets, blankets or pillowcases for the sofa bed, and in the bedroom there was a half full water bottle on the night table behind the lamp. As I climbed into bed and started to drift off to sleep, I began to itch. Little did I know my bed and the bed next to mine was infested with bed bugs! I had welts all over my body including my face and head. At 3am after sitting in the chair at the desk and contimplating about going to the front desk, I began moving both matresses on the beds and in between the mattress and boxspring I found dead bed bug carcasses and egg sacks. DISGUSTING! The people I was with went to management and told them about this issue. All they asked was if we wanted to move to a different room. HELL NO! WE WANTED OUT! So, we demanded that they not charge us for the room and thankfully they didn't. We left and on the way out the lady at the desk called out "Sorry for the inconvienience!" Real nice!!!!!! HORRIBLE! DON'T STAY HERE! If you want a nice hotel stay at the Staybridge Suites in Lone Tree or Cherry Creek! They are wonderful!

• Liked — Nice Pool and spa
  • Disliked — Bed bugs!
  • Tips/Secrets — Dont stay here!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

We recently moved across th country and had a 3 day drive with all of our belongings, our 2 year old and 2 dogs. It is usually very difficult to find a nice place that accepts dogs, so we expected a dump.

When we arrived at the hotel, I couldn't believe they were going to allow our Great Dane in because it was such a nice place. The lobby and courtyard areas are beautiful. Our room was very, very nice. It was clean, spacious and comfortable.

The location was great for us because we had a 26 foot U-Haul towing a car. We didn't want to be driving through town, so it was nice that it was right off the freeway. We felt safe parking the truck and didn't worry about anything being stolen.

The staff was efficient and friendly. The breakfast in the morning was amazing. My husband spent some time in the hot tub and said it was very nice.

We have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. I hope they'll continue to allow dogs and that dog owners will act responsibly.

• Stayed April 2006
VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2006

Positives:
- Easy access from I-70
- Check-in was a breeze

Negatives:
- Old, thread-bare, musty and dirty.
- Manager's reception included Crackers...Period.
- Didn't provide me the room I requested.
- In an odd place of the highway - Industrial area.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
Lawrence, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

My family and I had a very positive experience at this hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and well-appointed, and the breakfast buffet was wonderful. Would recommend this hotel to anyone interested in staying in the Aurora area.

• Stayed July 2005
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2004

This is the second time I have stayed at this particular Embassy, and once again I was not disappointed. It IS in an industrial area, so if you are looking for a picturesque, resort atmosphere, you probaby will be disappointed with the surroundings. If you ARE looking for a clean, comfortable room, with super-easy highway access to get around the metro area, you should be happy with this clean property, staffed with friendly helpful employees. Typical managers reception (with killer Margarita's!), and a nice cooked to order breakfast. If you score a western facing room, you'll be treated to a great view of the front range (on a clear day). Indoor pool is a great touch.

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2004

we stayed in this same area and we agree the location is not the greatest , we stayed here because we had an early flight and it was close to the airport. be carefull of the construction in the area, we drove for an hour to get to the hotel.
i agree the hotels in this area are ok, but the location is not.

Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2004

I feel bad for this hotel and its management. They've taken care of all of the basics that guests typically gripe about: comfortable rooms, nice hotel and easy parking.

But the location is just horrible. It's just off I-70 in an industrial area. Why they ever built a hotel here is beyond me. There is nowhere to go, nothing to do and you're trapped at the hotel unless you're driving 10 or 15 minutes somewhere else.

We booked this hotel blind on a stay to the Denver area. We wanted a non-downtown location. But the Aurora neighbhorhood is certainly not the place you want to be spending 3 nights.

I have no other complaints about the hotel. Checkin staff were wonderful and hotel workers were really above average. The location is just depressing and one to avoid if you're a tourist on vacation. It's always tough trying to locate a hotel when you're far away trying to get the lay of the land. But this was definitely the wrong hotel for our family vacation!

Been to Embassy Suites Denver- Stapleton? Share your experiences!