“Never again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport

You added Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6910 Tower Road, Denver, CO 80249 (Denver International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #72 of 149 Hotels in Denver
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Greenville, United States
“Never again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Thought this place would be good as I normally stay at HIE's but this one missed the boat. Staff is nice, but not much help. Had internet issues throughout the entire stay and the young lady at the desk (swear she was a high schooler working nights) connected to "tech support" who basically told me to reboot every 20 minutes, Internet is crucial to me when I work on the road. Next morning I discovered that they had not (or very poorly attempted) vacuumed the floor from the last guest as there was cereal on the floor which I stepped on barefoot and gave myself a start. The breakfast is poor at best, the bacon is so greasy that it does not look appetizing at all and the pancakes are small and tough. The coffee maker in the room had a broken foot and not cared to replace it. They have to clean it so they knew. Had already planned to move to another hotel, but the rest of my trip was cancelled so I went home. I will go back to Denver, but not to this hotel.

Room Tip: Did not use room service (if they have it) nor spa (guess they mean fitness room) so no opinion on t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
We are very sorry that you experienced problems during your stay and we were not able to properly address your concerns. Thank you for letting us know so we can fix them.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

I stay at Holiday Inn express' all over the US all year long and this is by far the WORST I've ever stayed at. Customer Service is HORRIBLE, my flight was cancelled then in the morning bumped up, when I came down for shuttle I was told there was nothing they could do for me Even though the driver and shuttle were standing right in front of me. DO NOT STAY HERE. Best Western next door is by far the Better choice!!! Good luck

• Stayed April 2014
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
We apologize that you feel like we did not provide you the shuttle service you needed, we are sorry your flight was cancelled and left you stranded at our hotel. We strive to provide the best service to all of our guests, however the shuttle service our hotel provides also provides service to 3 other hotels, which is operated on a strict schedule, we had you scheduled to go out at the time that you requested when you checked in. It is an unfortunate circumstance that the airline changed your new flight without enough notice to react, but because you did not have enough notice you came down to catch a shuttle that had already left, had we taken you right then we would have caused 3 other hotels of guests to miss their scheduled shuttle. We do everything we can to help everyone, but unfortunately sometimes situations are out of our control.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Mark at the front desk, who was very professional and took care of all my needs, was grossly overwhelmed. I called 4 times from the airport, being put on hold 3 times and got no answer on the fourth. After figuring out that there is no specific shuttle for the hotel, but there is a van that says "Tower Road Hotels" I was on my way. Upon arrival, Mark was doing the best he could be with the phone ringing off the hook and several guests in line (he was alone at the front desk). According to the sign, Marisa was the manager on duty…ok. Post check in, all was well.
I recommend a rental car if staying here. There are no stores or shopping centers within 2 to 3 miles of the hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are fairly quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at, we have a great hotel and a great team. We apologize as we do sometimes get busier than expected thanks for mentioning a job well done busy or not.
Temple, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Love the convenience of leaving our car there during our trip out. Shuttle service is friendly and prompt. Appreciated that they start serving basic breakfast items at 4am- we had a 6am flight to catch. Rooms were ok, need a few minor repairs in room, and housekeeping could pay more attention to details. Did not "wow" me. Will return because of convenience of shuttle.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know where we can make changes. Thank you for staying with us.
Appleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel by its location and past success with Holiday Inn Express. I was warmly greeted by front desk staff, he asked if we needed a shuttle, he gave me address info to a local restaurant I had heard about, and later searched the closed kitchen to provide me with some larger glasses.

Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bed was the most comfortable we had slept on in a hotel for quite some time. We decided to head for DIA instead of having the free breakfast, although it did look tempting and the dining room was very nice and clean.

I wouldn't hesitate to stop again!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for sharing about your good experience, we are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

The room was handicapped and they didn't tell us, so no where to hang a suit to wear for the next day travel. It was just odd. The room was fine. The bed was fine. The shuttle was slow and wanted to complain that people didn't know where to meet him, yet the drivers don't communicate any information on your departure.

Just a run of the mill motel six like experience. I like the staybridge hotel across the street better and i think it was a little less expensive. will book there for next trips out of dia early morning.

Room Tip: don't get near the elelavators AND ask for top floor. we had very noisy clunking around people...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Dear lkilley,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the shuttle service prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Miles City, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Had a layover in Denver on our way home and picked the HIE close to the airport to stay in. It was late when we arrived and the young man manning the front desk was a real pleasure. He had our reservation ready to go and was very cordial and accommodating which was nice after a long day of air travel.
The room was well proportioned, very clean and, as usual, the bed very comfortable.
After a nice breakfast in the hotel break room we received the same courteous, personal service on checking out.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am glad we were able to make your stay more enjoyable. Please come and see us again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport? Share your experiences!